PDA

View Full Version : a lot of people will be home from work tomorrow -- phone from home!

FriedChicken
12-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Since Christmas falls on a Sunday a lot businesses are giving their employees Friday off. This is a great time to call, I hope to make 200-300 phone calls tomorrow as I myself have the day off as well. (I have other obligations I need to fill also though, so unfortunately I can't make calls all day).

We will probably get a higher pickup rate throughout the day and hopefully if a few more RP supporters have the day off as well we can get a higher amount of calls made.

Also - after saying "This call was paid for by the Ron Paul 2012 campaign." I a have been adding "Thank you very much for your time - have a Merry Christmas!"
People seem to appreciate the greeting and it might even make some undecideds more open to Paul ... who knows.

call bomb tomorrow - Friday, Dec. 23rd.

vechorik
12-22-2011, 09:56 PM
I LIKE the "Merry Christmas" idea -- many that take the survey tell ME that!
Of course, those who complete the surveys ARE VERY NICE PEOPLE!

When I end a call with NV I often say "thank you and goodnight" so they know to hang up! LOL

FriedChicken
12-22-2011, 10:03 PM
attn: mod - when tomorrow comes (Friday) can you change my thread title to "today" instead of tomorrow? .... if you'd rather say toady that'd be alright too.

Okie RP fan
12-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Keep this thread bumped.

Seriously, it just takes a little effort.

FriedChicken
12-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Today is the day everyone. Ready for this? Lets get some calls made!

FriedChicken
12-23-2011, 10:20 AM
oh, just a reminder - mods It'd be nice if you could change the title from "tomorrow" to "Today". Thanks.

tbone717
12-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Monday will also be an excellent day, a lot of people are off that day as well

FriedChicken
12-23-2011, 10:31 AM
true dat.
I just made about 10 calls just now - I'm getting a way better pickup rate than I was last night at 6:00-7:30.

Anyone who has the day off today, phone bomb today. If you have Monday off, phone bomb then. Lets get some calls made! See ya later, I'm going to back to phoning.

tbone717
12-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Just had a funny one. "I'm sorry I can't talk right now I am trying to make candy"

muh_roads
12-23-2011, 10:34 AM
oh, just a reminder - mods It'd be nice if you could change the title from "tomorrow" to "Today". Thanks.

You can change your own thread title. Move back out into the main grassroots forum and double click to the right of your subject line. You can now edit.

vechorik
12-23-2011, 01:31 PM
I only snagged about 4 to complete the survey today -- but they are LOVING the "Merry Christmas" -- Say "thank you " Wish "Merry Christmas to you too" in return.

It is a nice thought -- thanks for the suggestion.