PDA

View Full Version : GOP USA wants us to be nice?

xRedfoxx
11-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I guess they want us to be nice for ignoring Ron Paul all season.

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=599

framecut
11-08-2007, 01:55 PM

Dr. Paul would agree with this article as well. Heck, it's part of his platform!

maxmerkel
11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
he dares to mention littlegreenfootballs in his article ?????????????

i'm seriously schocked.

xRedfoxx
11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
I agree we all need to cut the rudeness, but to let up on a GOP forum that is ignoring Ron Paul? I don't think so. They need to rename their forum the Demo Forum or something.

framecut
11-08-2007, 01:59 PM
I agree we all need to cut the rudeness, but to let up on a GOP forum that is ignoring Ron Paul? I don't think so. They need to rename their forum the Demo Forum or something.

All what you can do is be open to debate. Have your points debated and be respectful of other's opinions.

People don't trust or like a zealot.

OceanMachine7
11-08-2007, 01:59 PM
I sent this response:

As a Republican and supporter of Ron Paul, I certainly see a lot of truth in what you are saying. Now that Paul has reached the level of top-tier because of his fundraising, more traditional tactics are required. However, GOPUSA and the Republican Party would be well served to examine why these more zealous supporters feel so betrayed by their party and the media. Ron Paul is pushing traditional Republican ideals, and up until very recently, has been treated like a traitor for it. If the GOP wishes to reverse its recent slide, some introspection about this would be quite beneficial. The best way to deal with overzealous Ron Paul supporters is to address the root of their complaints: the straying of the Republican Party from small-government ideals.

hillertexas
11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
It's easy...just make your online poll so that people can only vote once. Self created problem solved. :)

Mortikhi
11-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Reads like a crap article from a crap site written by a crap author.
He's writing like its 5 months ago: Ron Paul supports SPAM polls. Whatever. Log the IP, drop a cookie, and be done with it. Not everyone has access to a multitude of IP addresses.

Thanks for pointing out another site I never plan on visiting again.

Oh, and I voted for Bush the past two times. No pinko commie here. Just an awakened neo-con that has seen the light.

tmg19103
11-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Just ignore. They are looking for advertising hits.

Tenbatsu
11-08-2007, 02:07 PM
He uses LGF as a source? You have to be kidding me.

gardeniabee
11-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Yes, I do believe that we should be polite... to the end. Because more importantly than confronting others en mass -- which understandably gets old quick in their eyes -- is to be so busy promoting Dr. Paul in positive ways, that such "in your face" behavior is limited.

I suggest that some of us when visiting other sites make clear our professional behavior and ask our Ron Paul supporters to remember what Ron Paul would do. www.wwrpd.org

JoshLowry
11-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Here is how GOPUSA.com treated a friend of mine back in May:

http://x019.uploaderx.net/x/GOPUSA.jpg

He was banned for that one post when he saw the admin harping on Ron Paul and replied with a civil response. The admin then deleted his own posts and Mr1954's post.

I want to know how that was civil.

conner_condor
11-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Ignore that fool.. He just wants attention and traffic to his site.. Don't give the prick the pleasure of putting his blog up in the numbers..

Mark Rushmore
11-08-2007, 02:13 PM

If the GOPUSA admins believe the Patriot Act is a plank of conservative faith, that's something.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I sent this response:

As a Republican and supporter of Ron Paul, I certainly see a lot of truth in what you are saying. Now that Paul has reached the level of top-tier because of his fundraising, more traditional tactics are required. However, GOPUSA and the Republican Party would be well served to examine why these more zealous supporters feel so betrayed by their party and the media. Ron Paul is pushing traditional Republican ideals, and up until very recently, has been treated like a traitor for it. If the GOP wishes to reverse its recent slide, some introspection about this would be quite beneficial. The best way to deal with overzealous Ron Paul supporters is to address the root of their complaints: the straying of the Republican Party from small-government ideals.

Great response.

MsDoodahs
11-08-2007, 02:18 PM

He was banned for that one post when he saw the admin harping on Ron Paul and replied with a civil response. The admin then deleted his own posts and Mr1954's post.

I want to know how that was civil?

Let me get this straight.

Their own admin acts like a ^&%&*, making ridiculous comments about the good doctor, then gets pwned by an eloquent RP supporter, then deletes both posts in shame, then bans the eloquent RP supporter, and now this same site ...

what is it they want from us again?

Oh, that's right...TRAFFIC! :rolleyes:

framecut
11-08-2007, 02:19 PM

I'm wondering though.

How are non-Ron Paul supporters treated on this forum?

Are they given refreshingly healthy debate, or does the Admin steps in and bans/slams the guy?

MsDoodahs
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Non RP supporters aren't here very often, as this is a RON PAUL forum and billed as such.

Calling oneself "GOPUSA" and proceeding to slam a fellow Republican or support a specific one is downright dirty IMO.

lemnad
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
LOL- he says were all in this together towards the end of the article. Shure doesn't feel like it!

framecut
11-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Non RP supporters aren't here very often, as this is a RON PAUL forum and billed as such.

Calling oneself "GOPUSA" and proceeding to slam a fellow Republican or support a specific one is downright dirty IMO.

Sorry, but I find this answer kinda cryptic.

So if someone comes here and debates Dr. Paul's points and pushes for another candidate, they'll get the boot?

A 'Yes' or 'No' would do.

MsDoodahs
11-08-2007, 02:29 PM
I didn't read it, so I missed any "we're all in this together" spiel.

Which makes his treatment of Josh's friend all the more telling, and nauseating.

RonFan1776
11-08-2007, 02:29 PM
*Choooo chooooo....*

Sounds to me like the train has left the station, and this guy is mad that he got on the wrong one. ;)

Give me liberty
11-08-2007, 02:30 PM
The funny part of the comment is this
we are all in this together

ROLF really all together?

other gop candidates are all for bush.

huchahucha
11-08-2007, 02:32 PM
I would never advocate flooding someones mail with obscenities and threats, so that aside, the rest of this article is crap. If he has to write an article about our tactics, then our tactics are working. And if he thinks he hates our tactics now, wait until the next Presidential election cycle in four years, when ALL the candidates will be using them (except it won't be a grassroots effort - each candidate will have internet guerrillas on staff)

freelance
11-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, I just went out there, read the article with disgust and then read all of the comments. I saw nothing but well-reasoned, EXTREMELY courteous comments from Ron Paul supporters and little more than disdain from the population-at-large for Ron Paul supporters who had posted. In fact, the comments that I read were some of the most thoughtful I've seen posted anywhere.

This is another attack method. They will latch on to a few bad apples and try to paint us all with the same broad stroke. This does not excuse lack of civility, but that article was over the top!

Expect the echo chamber to pick up the chorus.

MsDoodahs
11-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Sorry, but I find this answer kinda cryptic.

So if someone comes here and debates Dr. Paul's points and pushes for another candidate, they'll get the boot?

A 'Yes' or 'No' would do.

I doubt they'd get the boot.

Seriously doubt hawking another candidate here would be very successful, though, as most of us understand the issues extraordinarily well, and would debate the person into supporting Dr. Paul.

:)

freelance
11-08-2007, 02:34 PM
LOL- he says were all in this together towards the end of the article. Shure doesn't feel like it!

He says that in order to not alienate you so that you will vote for the R in the General Election. He doesn't quite GET IT!

Sematary
11-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Dr. Paul would agree with this article as well. Heck, it's part of his platform!

Supporting the Republican Party is part of his platform?
I'm no Republican, fella!
I swallowed the bile will pushed it's way through my gullet when I registered Republican because Dr. Paul needs my vote.
I cannot WAIT for a breath of fresh air the day after I vote in the primaries and become an independent again. Until the Republican Party - aka neocon pigs, start treating the constitution with the respect that it deserves, they can kiss my ass.

MsDoodahs
11-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm not a Republican, either.

I'm registering only so I can vote for Dr. Paul.

:)

OceanMachine7
11-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Great response.

Thanks, I was going for the Boortz approach. Hopefully it's short enough it'll get printed.

framecut
11-08-2007, 02:53 PM
I swallowed the bile will pushed it's way through my gullet when I registered Republican because Dr. Paul needs my vote.
I cannot WAIT for a breath of fresh air the day after I vote in the primaries and become an independent again. Until the Republican Party - aka neocon pigs, start treating the constitution with the respect that it deserves, they can kiss my ass.

Nope.

You're completely and utterly missing the point.

Ron Paul's foreign policy is amazing.

- Don't antagonize other nations

- Don't sabre rattle and war propagandize

- Don't join divisive/entangling alliances

- Talk with your 'enemies'

- Trade with them

- Be FRIENDLY with them.

So, when a GOP forum suggests to Ron Paul supporters to act 'civil' I think Ron Paul would agree with this.

On the GOP forums, just follow Dr. Paul's mantra on how to conduct foreign policy and
everything will go fine.

Energy
11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I saw this link posted there:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2002/roll454.xml

RP voted Yes.. what's the story behind that?

qednick
11-08-2007, 02:58 PM
he dares to mention littlegreenfootballs in his article ?????????????.

Litte green who???? :confused:

Oh..... you mean little green fuck balls. :o

Anti-Donkey
11-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Nope.

- Trade with them

- Be FRIENDLY with them.

So, when a GOP forum suggests to Ron Paul supporters to act 'civil' I think Ron Paul would agree with this.

On the GOP forums, just follow Dr. Paul's mantra on how to conduct foreign policy and
everything will go fine.

Hit the nail on the head.

pcosmar
11-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Nope.

- Trade with them

- Be FRIENDLY with them.

everything will go fine.

Better yet don't waste your time there.
They are just looking for traffic.
Leave the stupid people to wallow in their ignorance. Don't waste your time.

hambone1982
11-08-2007, 03:04 PM
This guy says, "These Ron Paul supporters are going out of their way to alienate all of them."

Well we all know that the GOP goes out of their way to alienate Ron Paul.

We throw rocks and they respond with tanks.

No way am I going to stop emailing people when I see America's best hope being ignored by the MSM.

Words like Neo-con, sheeple, and fake Republicans need to be thrown around. Otherwise we're ignoring the problem and accepting and endorsing the status quo.

The media answers to the people. If we do nothing, then nothing will change.

freeslacker
11-08-2007, 03:07 PM

Pay more attention to the Question. The question was "On Motion to Recommit with Instructions" and Paul voted Yea.

A little bit on what "Motion to Recommit" means go here http://usinfo.org/house/rule/recommit.htm

Voting Yea on that is in essence kicking it back to committee in order to kill/amend the bill.

framecut
11-08-2007, 03:07 PM
This guy says, "These Ron Paul supporters are going out of their way to alienate all of them."

Well we all know that the GOP goes out of their way to alienate Ron Paul.

We throw rocks and they respond with tanks.

No way am I going to stop emailing people when I see America's best hope being ignored by the MSM.

Words like Neo-con, sheeple, and fake Republicans need to be thrown around. Otherwise we're ignoring the problem and accepting and endorsing the status quo.

*sigh*

You might as well then start yelling/screaming to Ron Paul to 'uncover the truth of 9/11' upon him getting elected.

Acting like a BLOWHARD will only earn you BLOWBACK.

K1RBY
11-08-2007, 03:09 PM
im sick of hearing people act as if, us winning a poll, means the poll is now broken & meaningless.

i just hope we break the polls at the primaries....

freelance
11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
I was willing to read through the entire article with an open mind. It was HARD, let me tell you. But, when I read all of the pro-RP comments and juxtaposed them against the against-RP comments, WOW! These people give new meaning to AUDACIOUS!

Oh, and just BTW, how's THIS for coincidence?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34145

726f6e7061756c
11-08-2007, 03:16 PM

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2002-455

Nay TX-14 Paul, Ronald [R]

xRedfoxx
11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Here is what I just wrote to GOP USA:

"I am a very conservative republican who voted for Bush. This year, I support Ron Paul, a GOP candidate. Your site continues to bash him and give him less time than the other candidates. Please remove me from your email group and do not harrass me any more."

The Dane
From article:

Get the message out, drum up support, and see what happens... that's what it's all about. And when the dust settles, we need to move on to the next battle, and we need the full team on board in order to fight it.

Guys, he is reaching out his hand here. Relax, be cool, he try to take us into the fold.

And in the fold we find the sheep. DONT SCARE THEM AWAY!

Originally Posted by hambone1982

Excactly.

-If you are lazy, arrogant and egoist, you require from others that they kneel down and bow to you.

-If you are honest, loving of your country and other people, you spread the word in that kind of way, it takes abit longer but in the end we will win.

The worst thing is to see a newly converted RP fan yelling up about all sorts of conspiracies, and whining about lack of support from those that did not see the light yet. Piece of advice for them: Pretend that you are grown up, if you want to help get Ron Paul elected. Conspiracy in itself is irrelevant, RPs message can stand on its own without conspiracies.

Bossobass
First, I recall Rudy Guliani, the GOP personified, on national TV attacking Ron saying, "That's an extraordinary statement, and I've heard some pretty absurb explanations..." and he demanded Ron "...retract that statement immediately."

Next, we had GOP visionary, Saulius Anuzis, circulating a petition to have Ron barred from all further GOP debates:

Anuzis called [Ron's] comments "off the wall and out of whack."

"I think he would have felt much more comfortable on the stage with the Democrats in what he said last night. And I think that he is a distraction in the Republican primary and he does not represent the base and he does not represent the party," Anuzis said during an RNC state leadership meeting.

Then, we had the GOP luminary Ed Failor in Iowa:

But Paul - like John Cox and Mark Klein, two other Republican candidates - was not invited because the invitations only went to those candidates who are "credible," said Ed Failor Jr., vice president of Iowans for Tax Relief.

Next, it was GOP titan Rick Beltram in South Carolina:

"He can stay home," said Beltram, who for months held that this county would welcome all Republican candidates.

"Well, the door's closed for him."

Paul, 71, is used to being excluded because of his views.

Add to this the facts that our futures are being ravaged by inflation, trillions in deficits from Reagan, Bush Sr and Bush Jr that have all stolen trillions from our Social Security Trust Fund contributions, the bursting housing bubble that is robbing us all of the equity in our homes, the insistance on borrowing billions from a Communist country to fight an undeclared war that was entered into by absloute premeditated fraud and the stripping of our rights by a President who refers to the Constitution he has sworn, with his hand on the Bible, to protect and defend as "...just a g##d##### piece of paper.

So, go ahead and tutor me as though I've been placed in the remedial reading program of the GOP judges and ethics department.

FWIW, I love those people to whom you refer with such disdain. I couldn't care less what their haircut cost or what they're wearing. They are my fellow Americans and they have the stones and gumption to get off their duffs and DO SOMETHING for their candidate.

Maybe the GOP should be using them as an example to teach their acceptably dressed and properly groomed judgemental types how to win an election.

Bosso

hambone1982
11-08-2007, 03:20 PM
*sigh*

You might as well then start yelling/screaming to Ron Paul to 'uncover the truth of 9/11' upon him getting elected.

Acting like a BLOWHARD will only earn you BLOWBACK.

Do you propose we all hide our heads in the sand?

The only way we got to where we are is because of our efforts online. This includes submitting things to digg, emailing producers and editors, and participating in online polls. It has caused the MSM to actually give us some notice. Now when we're starting to win people over, we're supposed to stop?

I'm all for civility and professionalism and I agree that cussing someone out in an email in totally ineffective, but why can't a eloquent email include accurate descriptions of the Neo-Conservative wing of the party and why we disagree with them and why Ron Paul is right? Why can't we accuse TV personalities like Hannity who are openly hostile towards Ron Paul of being biased?

We're not allowed to have a duologue in this country anymore?

Cindy
11-08-2007, 03:22 PM

I'm with you on that and find the artcile to be rude and obnoxious itself.

Where was the GOP sticking up for Paul when the likes of Hannity were rudely calling Paul insane?

Where was the GOP sticking up for Paul when Ed Failor rudely banned Paul from the ITRA debate, for no good reason?

Where was the GOP sticking up for Paul when he correctly cited the reserach in the Official 9/11 commision report and yet, the SC GOP was going to ban him from their county for it, just because the report didn't agree with Bush's policy?

Where was this guy when the GOP stacked the Orlando debate audience with Rudy/Romney fans who rudely boohed Paul for speaking up for what most Americans want?

Where was he when one of Mitts henchmen obnoxiously grabbed an RP sign from a supporter , threw it to the ground and stepped on it at a Southern Il GOP straw poll event?

Where was he through all of Rudy's unproffesional and discourteous giggling at Paul during the debates?

They have been very rude towards and alieninating of one of their own, honorable Republican, ten term Congressmen, Dr. Paul. And now that Paul is being taken seriously and embraced, because of the blood sweet and tears of the also in part" bad Ron Paul supporters" they want us all to act like civil Republicans that support the Party candidates with courtesy and professionalism?

Ron Paul and his supporters put the dying GOP back on the map!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Just Wow!

I won't be e-mailing him. Not worth the effort. If he didn't see it or care before, I'm not sure how he will be able too now.

TexMac
11-08-2007, 03:27 PM

I want to know how that was civil.That's exactly what I was going to say about Eberle's article. Try posting on that forum as an anti-interventionist and see how "polite" they are.

BTW, Eberle's claim to fame is that he created a fake news organization to get Jeff Gannon into the WH press briefings.

He's a sleazy neocon warmongering opportunist looking out for number one.

The Dane
11-08-2007, 03:30 PM
This guy and with him GOP USA is calling for a truce.

What is your answer fellow Ron Paulians?

Proemio
11-08-2007, 03:32 PM

Good point, expressed in the best of "manners", and in a way we can be actually sure Ron Paul would not disapprove - because we have a direct quote of his:

Samuel Adams, likewise, warned future generations. He referred to "good manners" as the vital ingredient a free society needs to survive. Adams said: "Neither the wisest Constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt." - link available.

The often used "good manners" hammer is misapplied and abused - a fraud. "Good Manners" obviously refers to honesty, integrity, sincerity, frankness, truthfulness, opennes, and not to how siky and sweet one fights the battle for a free society.

As with every action, responsibility, good sense and good instinct applies. Respect deserves respect even in contention, while "good manners" on a battlefield would be to shoot the enemy between the eyes as opposed to in the back (corrupt).

Sugar-coating outrage in response to evil, contemptuous filth, is much more corrupt - and therefore "bad manners" - than responding harshly.

I'm in no way arguing that people who are more confortable in expressing themselves in a mild mannered fashion should change their way - not at all - but I am arguing that they should afford the same curtesy to those with a more frank and open approach. A universe of uniquely creative individuals - it's the totality that works.

Thanks for a perfect softball for a pet pieve of mine...

pcosmar
That's exactly what I was going to say about Eberle's article. Try posting on that forum as an anti-interventionist and see how "polite" they are.

BTW, Eberle's claim to fame is that he created a fake news organization to get Jeff Gannon into the WH press briefings.

He's a sleazy neocon warmongering opportunist looking out for number one.

Someone will be along in a moment to tell you to be NICE.

It won't be me.

TexMac
Tell him to let you sign up and post positively and politely about Ron Paul on his forum without banning you instantly. If you last more than a few posts, we'll consider a truce.

The Dane
11-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Tell him to let you sign up and post positively and politely about Ron Paul on his forum without banning you instantly. If you last more than a few posts, we'll consider a truce.

:D Good idea.

I will check back with some info on how it went.

framecut
11-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Do you propose we all hide our heads in the sand?

The only way we got to where we are is because of our efforts online. This includes submitting things to digg, emailing producers and editors, and participating in online polls. It has caused the MSM to actually give us some notice. Now when we're starting to win people over, we're supposed to stop?

I'm all for civility and professionalism and I agree that cussing someone out in an email in totally ineffective, but why can't a eloquent email include accurate descriptions of the Neo-Conservative wing of the party and why we disagree with them and why Ron Paul is right? Why can't we accuse TV personalities like Hannity who are openly hostile towards Ron Paul of being biased?

We're not allowed to have a duologue in this country anymore?

Why not just focus on the positive aspects of Dr. Paul's campaign and ignore the bad stuff?

Y'know "Accentuate the positive, downplay the negative."

Stop giving Hannity more airtime by castigating the guy. Heck, just IGNORE the guy.

As Dr. Paul gains in popularity, I GUARANTEE you things are going to get REAL UGLY.
Other opponents will do their best to scare the public about Dr. Paul. They'll play
up that Neo-Nazis support Dr. Paul, etc...

Politics is ugly. It's a really nasty business. I'm just hoping that in our zeal in supporting Dr. Paul that it doesn't "change" us to become the very thing we hate.

pcosmar
11-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Politics is ugly. It's a really nasty business. I'm just hoping that in our zeal in supporting Dr. Paul that it doesn't "change" us to become the very thing we hate.

I hate dishonesty and hypocrisies.
I love the truth.
the GOP and GOPUSA have neither truth nor honesty.

framecut
11-08-2007, 03:45 PM
I hate dishonesty and hypocrisies.
I love the truth.
the GOP and GOPUSA have neither truth nor honesty.

And the 1st amendment protects your right to be truthful as well as their right to be dishonest.

Just let it go.

Cindy
11-08-2007, 03:47 PM

Where in that article did you interpret such a thing?

Where did you find the apology for all of the GOPs rude and discourteous behavior towards Ron Paul?

Where did he say that the GOP will now also be respectful, proffesional and courteous towards Ron Paul?

All I read was another authoritarian power tripping Republican write " Do as we say, not as we do".

Elwar
11-08-2007, 03:53 PM
There are readers who support Huckabee. There are those who support Romney, and so on. They often write to GOPUSA and let us know of their support. In most cases, they do so with professionalism and politeness.

Maybe it's because the Huckabee and Romney supporters are paid professionals.

torchbearer
11-08-2007, 03:56 PM

you gotta get maaaaaaaaaaad! open up your window and scream "i'm mad as hell and i'm not going to take it anymore!"

Wyurm
11-08-2007, 03:57 PM
This is not an article telling us to be nice. This isn't even ment for us at all. This is a hit-piece directed right at people who might have taken notice of RP because of the 5th donation drive. It along with a few other articles I've found, has been made to sway the thinking of newcomers so they will think we're not Republican or conservative. Its not a plea to us, rather its an attack on us.

freelance
11-08-2007, 03:58 PM

Um, I don't think so. Maybe you could read that article one more time for clarity.

SeanEdwards
11-08-2007, 04:05 PM

That guy, and the gopusa site, personify the reason why registering republican made my skin crawl. I did it, begrudgingly, in order to vote for RP, but under most circumstances it's those people that I think of when I think republican.

I don't really want a truce with them. I want to expel them from the republican party into the wilderness of third party irrelevance.

torchbearer
11-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Ask the GOPUSA if they remember the 5th of november.
Out of concern for their safety I'd warn them they could become targets of retribution if they are perceived as enabling the state to control American Citizens.
We don't advocate violence, but i'm afraid things may lead to that if the neocons go Karl Rove on Ron Paul.

freelance
11-08-2007, 04:12 PM
And on last thing before I find something new to make me livid all over again:

I love the way the author points toward LGF and RedState like they are some kind of paragons of civility. GIVE ME A BREAK! Those are two of the rudest, crudest sites on the Internet. I think it's an HONOR that they've banned RP supporters, though I've never had the stomach to post on either site.

The Dane
11-08-2007, 04:18 PM
That guy, and the gopusa site, personify the reason why registering republican made my skin crawl. I did it, begrudgingly, in order to vote for RP, but under most circumstances it's those people that I think of when I think republican.

I don't really want a truce with them. I want to expel them from the republican party into the wilderness of third party irrelevance.

Might be that you are right of your judgement, but he is still calling for a truce. He could be at the stage before a conversion. Think about it. I honestly think that he wants truce and he wants to learn from us. - However he still has to think about some of his neocon freinds and his reputation amongst them.

torchbearer
11-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Who wants to read the civility of the Hannity forum? Perhaps this guy would like to write about these screens i have with one of their long time mods going psychotic.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2088/1894102080_2adba235f3_o.jpg

torchbearer
11-08-2007, 04:21 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2239/1893262051_71a8cffbdf_o.jpg

torchbearer
11-08-2007, 04:22 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2208/1894101044_e6834b9aff_o.jpg

torchbearer
11-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Now, who is being uncivil?

xRedfoxx
11-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Redstate.....who made them the the ones to set the bar? If we start kicking folks off our blog, will we get national attention? Hell no!!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Redfox1969

freelance
11-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Dane, writers love nothing better than to turn a clever phrase that can be rightfully interpreted both ways. This author failed at both--he was neither clever in turning a phrase nor clever in hiding his intent. This article was pure venom.

framecut
11-08-2007, 04:38 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2239/1893262051_71a8cffbdf_o.jpg

Just ignore this people.

If you give in to your anger...they will 'win'

hambone1982
11-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Notice the Mod posting on the hannity forum kept repeating his propaganda over and over again? "He let babies die while he studied economics."

That guy either has huge gonads or no soul.

My guess is the latter.

inibo
11-08-2007, 04:42 PM

I saw that. What you are seeing is deliberate misinformation. Roll call 454 was a motion to recommit with instructions. http://www.rules.house.gov/archives/recommit_mot.htm (look at item 2.) It was a last attempt to send it back to committee in hopes of getting it amended or killed before it went to the floor for a vote. What Ron Paul was voting for was to prevent it from coming to a floor vote. If you look a the link supplied you'll see that roll call 454 was defeated so the bill went to the floor for passage where Ron Paul voted against it. The vote for passage was roll call 455. http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2002/roll455.xml If you look at that one you will see Ron Paul voted against passage and the bill passed.

I almost registered just to respond to that post, but I figured it was a waste of time considering I have no intention of getting myself distracted. Anyone who already has an account there should definitely go set them straight and point out this is why we get mad. Establishment Republican have no compunction about deliberately lying when it suits their purposes.

BTW, I haven't finished this thread yet, so if someone already addressed this, forgive my waste of bandwidth.

dmitchell
11-08-2007, 04:42 PM
We must be nice. No one is going to join us if we are not.

Phenom24
11-08-2007, 04:45 PM
GOPUSA sucks. I went there a few months ago when they were asking the question whether or not Christian people should/would vote for Giuliani. I posted a nice, concise post and what did I get in reply?

"Oh great, not another one..."

They suck. Let them wallow in their neo-con mud puddle.

dmitchell
11-08-2007, 04:51 PM

pcosmar
11-08-2007, 04:58 PM

We are nice, I am , most of the people have been nice on this forum. There were even nice attempts to discuss issues with the rude "hanity" troll that was here. That guy was nothing but rude.

It seems that the more nice we are, the more nasty, and rude these Neo-Cons get.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-08-2007, 05:03 PM

I joined you. Acting the way we have is what has gotten us here. What has spread the word, and what has garnered attention. You can be polite and forceful at the same time. :rolleyes: (i.e. RP in any GOP debate)

Are we going to take "marching orders" from a non-Ron Paul supporter?? Someone who is still day dreaming that the world they see on TV is the one that really exists?

Didn't RP approve of the massive amounts of email sent to a reporter on MSNBC???

this "everyone play nice" stuff is a trap. America's enslavement of African peoples didn't end because the slaves were diplomatic. However, forceful language and massive amounts of emails are a far cry from Nat Turner's Rebellion.

freelance
11-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey Welcome to the forum, ForLiberty-RonPaul. I agree with you, BTW. There's a whole lot of ground between roll over and die and be nice. I like to think I'm nice, but I'm not about to roll over and die for anyone. And, THAT'S what they don't like about us. They thought that if they ignored us, we'd go away. They found out otherwise, and now they're demanding that we be weak, meek and mind our manners. HA! They've got a LOT of nerve.

westmich4paul
11-08-2007, 10:06 PM
I responded with this, I think i was courteous but to the point.

Dear Sir, I wanted to write to you in regards to your comments that a majority of Ron Paul supporters are hurting their campaign with negativity spread through e-mails , ect. I do see your point, to a point. Anyone that responds to you whether it be from Ron's campaign or any other should at least be civily respectful, that I agree with you on. But for you to point out that Ron's grassroots supporters are the only ones that act in a disrespectful nature I find that hard to believe and if it is happening(completely and only from the Paul side) then one must also look at maybe what is it that is causing this reaction? Could it be the attack that has been thouroughly documented that Ron is not a Republican? When in fact he has been running as a Republican for the majority of his career? But for some they cannot get past that one year he ran as a Libertarian and try to paint him as soley a Libertarian to discredit his many years as a Republican? Or could it be the outrage we feel as Republican's everytime they(top GOP people) try to paint our candidate as a kook, a loon, ect when in fact he is the most conservative Republican on the campaign trail this year. Or maybe it could be top media people like Hannity, O'reily and ect that disrespect Ron everytime they interview him much the same as you say we do to you? But that is never mentioned by you. You know I haven't once ever heard any GOP official ever even talk about Ron Paul being a close friend to Ronald Reagan? Hmm I wonder why? I am not or ever will condone any Paul supporter that is dispespectful to anyone except if they themselves are being attacked in the same way or attacking our candidate in the same way. You do realize we have the right to defend our candidate and we should do so repectfully. I haven't ever seen Dr. Paul attack Hannity. Nor have I ever seen Dr. Paul attack Bill O'reily. But I have seen them attack him very disrespectfully and not once did I see you write an article against this type of behavior. So do you want it to be one sided? Do you want Ron's grassroot supporters to watch their guy and our campaign get disrespected at will by the elite in the GOP, but on the other side you want his supporters to sit by and watch it happen without comment or recourse? Because that is exactly what this article implies. Sir I will give you the utmost respect and dignity you deserve but on the other hand I also expect it given back to me and my campaign. I expect equal and unbiased articles on my candidate that you give all the others. I expect you to call out the top tier GOP elite that disrespect our campaign in the same fashion you did our people in this article. You do that my Republican brother, and we will be a united party regardless if we have differen't views as to the direction the party goes. Just because we may believe the party should be run differently than the rest of the candidates does still not make us any less a Republican. Thank you for your time sir and I hope to hear good things in the future. Sincerely, John Mitchell (Republican for Paul!)

tmg19103
11-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Just ignore. They are looking for advertising hits.

As I repeat....

Fact is the Grand Old Party is dead and that site is just looking to stir the pot and get traffic and maybe even awaken apathetic neocons. Don't bother giving them the ammo. We will reform the GOP by electing Ron Paul, and we certainly don't need that B.S. site.