PDA

View Full Version : Refreshing honesty of past Presidents

SeekLiberty
06-16-2007, 10:01 PM
When was the last time you ever heard a refreshingly honest statement by one of our Presidents?

When Ron Paul becomes our new President, we'll be able to add a BUNCH of modern quotes for OUR time so our progeny will be proud of these current generations. Feel free to add more:

- SL

"Stand by our country, not by the President, except to the degree that he stands by our country. IT IS UNPATRIOTIC NOT TO OPPOSE HIM to the extent he fails in his duty to stand by his country. IT IS UNPATRIOTIC NOT TO TELL THE TRUTH." ― Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"The high office of the president has been used to foment a plot to destroy America's freedom, and before I leave office, I must inform the citizens of their plight." ― Pres. John F. Kennedy; in a speech at Columbia University, 1963; tens days before he was assassinated.

The growth of the Nation and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the world—no longer a Government of free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men.” (Just before he died, Wilson is reported to have stated to friends that he had been “deceived” and that “I have betrayed my country.” He referred to the Federal Reserve Act passed during his Presidency.) ― Pres. Woodrow Wilson

"The system of banking is a blot left in all our Constitutions, which, if not covered, will end in their (the US citizens) destruction! Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the Government at defiance. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs. I sincerely believe that banking institutions are more dangerous than STANDING ARMIES! The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity. . is but swindling futurity on a large scale! ― President Thomas Jefferson — who spent much of his presidency fighting and overcoming the evils of the First Bank of the United States, controlled and operated by the international bankers — in Writings of T. Jefferson, Bergh 15:23

"The money power preys upon the nation in times of peace, and conspires against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces, as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its CRIMES!" ― Pres. Abraham Lincoln (who was killed by the money power).

"If Congress has the right under the Constitution to issue paper money, it was given them to be used by themselves, not to be delegated to individuals or to corporations." (ED. Note — especially the Federal Reserve Corporation) ― Pres. Andrew Jackson

"The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has OWNED THE GOVERNMENT ever since the days of Andrew Jackson." ― Pres. Franklin D. Roosevelt, Nov. 21, 1933 (Shadows of Power, pg 4)

"ALL THE PERPLEXITIES, CONFUSION, AND DISTRESS IN AMERICA arise, not from defects in the Constitution or confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from DOWNRIGHT IGNORANCE of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation." ― President John Adams

“Stock dealers and banking companies, by the aid of a paper system, are enriching themselves TO THE RUIN OF OUR COUNTRY and swaying the government by their possession of the printing presses, which their wealth commands, and by other means not always honorable to the character of our countrymen.” ― Thomas Jefferson, Ford 7:170 (1797)

“It is apparent from the whole context of the Constitution as well as the history of the time which gave birth to it, that is was the PURPOSE OF THE CONVENTION TO ESTABLISH A CURRENCY CONSISTING OF THE PRECIOUS METALS. These were adopted by a PERMANENT RULE excluding the use of a perishable medium of exchange... .or the still MORE PERNICIOUS EXPEDIENT OF PAPER CURRENCY.” ― Pres. Andrew Jackson, 1836; 8th Annual Message to Congress

"Everything predicted by the enemies of the banks. .is now coming to pass. We are to be ruined now by the deluge of bank paper, as we were formerly by the old Continental paper. It is cruel that such revolutions in private fortunes should be at the mercy of avaricious adventurers, who instead of employing their capital in manufactures, commerce, and other useful pursuits, make it an instrument to burden all the interchanges of property with their swindling profits, profits which are the price of no useful industry of theirs.. .I AM AN
ENEMY TO ALL BANKS DISCOUNTING BILLS OR NOTES FOR ANYTHING BUT COIN. But our
whole country is so fascinated by this Jack—Lantern wealth, that they will not stop short of its total and fatal explosion." ― Thomas Jefferson 1814

"We have been truly sowing the wind, and are now reaping the whirlwind. If the present crisis should end in the annihilation of these interlopers (the bankers) only, and reduce our commerce to the measure of our own wants and surplus products, it will be a benefit in the end. but how to effect this, and give time to real capital, and the holders of real property, to back out of their entanglements requires more knowledge of political economy than we possess.. .THE EYES OF OUR CITIZENS ARE NOT SUFFICIENTLY OPEN TO THE TRUE CAUSE OF OUR DISTRESS. THEY ASCRIBE THEM TO EVERYTHING BUT THEIR TRUE CAUSE, THE BANKING SYSTEM!" ― Thomas Jefferson 1819

“Specie (gold or silver coin) is the most perfect medium because it will preserve its own level; because having intrinsic and universal value, it can never die in our hands, and it is the surest resource of reliance in time of war." ― Thomas Jefferson 1813

“We should avoid the depreciation of our currency; but I conceive this end would be answered, as far as might be necessary, by STIPULATING THAT ALL MONEY PAYMENTS SHOULD BE MADE IN GOLD AND SILVER, being the common medium of commerce." ― Pres. George Washington

“1 wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution. I would be willing to depend on that alone for the reduction of the administration of our government to the genuine principles of its Constitution; I mean an additional article, TAKING FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THE POWER OF BORROWING.” (especially borrowing from private banks like the Federal Reserve Bank — Ed. Note) ― Thomas Jefferson - 1798

"There's no evidence, from NON-seekers of truth about 9/11, which debunks the CONTRADICTIONS
of the federal governments' official pet-propaganda version of the 9/11 tragedy." - SeekLiberty

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2602704786128880796