PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party 07 Web Design Idea

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 01:46 PM
heres an alternative mock site I came up with last night, i was fairly bored. Just let me know I'd be glad to pitch in if there is help needed as far as graphics and web layout goes. Anyone affiliated with the teaparty07.com site just PM me if you like or want to use this design. I've got it in html format, the counter and form are really the only thing that I cant do. Suggestions welcomed :)

I also spoke with SwordOfShannarah, not sure if this is the person doing the site, but said they liked it and wanted me to get them the files. I'll be sending these over tonight. Also had a few people that wanted the graphic to promote the teaparty07 site as well.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/mfoley2/teacopy-1.jpg

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Wow, that's really nice for the actual sign up portion. I love the "sign the old document" feel of it :)

Was about to suggest making the text in the box show up like the capital letters of the document, but I guess it would be better to make it readable :D

Edit to add: Are you going to include a second box for pledge amount? That's confusing. BTW, I do not think we should allow entry of a pledge amount. I'm guessing you mean to track what's pledged, but that is ruined by a single troll(and you KNOW this will happen with certainty) putting in the max amount allowed in the box and throwing off the real pledge amount. While money is good, I would actually much rather have 100,000 NEW donors donate $10. I would love to break both the most donations in a day as well as the most donors in a day records if that is a record. Plus, as others have stated, a donor almost guarantees a vote. More donors equals more votes.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
One thing to consider, if possible, is in the first sentence to read:

"The Boston Tea Party was an act of PEACEFUL protest..."

NinjaPirate
11-08-2007, 02:02 PM

No need to be over cautious. I think most (if not all) Americans know that the oringial Tea Party did not result in violence.

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Edit to add: Are you going to include a second box for pledge amount? That's confusing. BTW, I do not think we should allow entry of a pledge amount. I'm guessing you mean to track what's pledged, but that is ruined by a single troll(and you KNOW this will happen with certainty) putting in the max amount allowed in the box and throwing off the real pledge amount. While money is good, I would actually much rather have 100,000 NEW donors donate $10. I would love to break both the most donations in a day as well as the most donors in a day records if that is a record. Plus, as others have stated, a donor almost guarantees a vote. More donors equals more votes.

I'm not sure exactly how the forms going to work...I just copied the text that was on the old temp site for this. I just wanted to create the catchy front end of it, someone else will be doing the forms.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-08-2007, 02:10 PM
No need to be over cautious. I think most (if not all) Americans know that the oringial Tea Party did not result in violence.

True.

Cool design kudos to the creator of that graphic

KewlRonduderules
11-08-2007, 02:24 PM

Not quite exactly. The throwing of tea overboard was an act of protest and defiance toward King George. The act itself can be construed as a violent act because they were dumping and destroying tea in order to avoid the tax levied against the colonies.

However, no person was hurt in the protest. So in this respect, I can see what you are saying.

BTW, welcome to the forums.

:)

tonyr1988
11-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Absolutely love the design. Simple, attractive, and to the point.

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks!!:o Although there are some changes that need to be made it seems like everyone is cool with it. I'm doing what I can to get them to use it and I'm not sure who else to get in touch with...

kevman657
11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
If it can take up the whole page then IMO it's perfect!

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 03:28 PM
If it can take up the whole page then IMO it's perfect!

it will take up the entire screen, I had to resize it to post here.