PDA

View Full Version : Game Change Movie

realtonygoodwin
12-22-2011, 04:56 PM
http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/tv/video-julianne-moore-as-sarah-palin

I can't wait for this movie to come out! The book this was based on is a must read for anyone interested in Presidential politics.

KramerDSP
12-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I am reading the book right now and loving it. The only one I even remotely like so far is Michelle Obama. Barack Obama comes off as arrogant and condescending as he accumulates power. Hillary Clinton comes off as this Queen Bee extraordinare with hundreds of minions beckoning at her feet. Bill Clinton is even more of a lothario than I imagined. The John Edwards stuff is riveting, and he was definently also letting everything go to his head.

I kept wishing there would be a similar book for the 2012 campaign so we could learn more about Ron Paul's inner circle. Is he even mentioned in the "Game Change" book (I am only a thirds of the way through)?

Jtorsella
12-24-2011, 12:40 PM
I am reading the book right now and loving it. The only one I even remotely like so far is Michelle Obama. Barack Obama comes off as arrogant and condescending as he accumulates power. Hillary Clinton comes off as this Queen Bee extraordinare with hundreds of minions beckoning at her feet. Bill Clinton is even more of a lothario than I imagined. The John Edwards stuff is riveting, and he was definently also letting everything go to his head.

I kept wishing there would be a similar book for the 2012 campaign so we could learn more about Ron Paul's inner circle. Is he even mentioned in the "Game Change" book (I am only a thirds of the way through)?
Yeah the book is great. It doesn't mention Paul except for dismissing his chances though.

pauliticalfan
12-24-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm reading this book right now as well. Great way to put a little historical perspective on what we're going through right now.

realtonygoodwin
12-24-2011, 01:19 PM
I think it only mentioned Ron once, in passing.

KramerDSP
12-24-2011, 01:26 PM
It was clear from the book that Obama owned Iowa, and that the Iowans flocked to him because they viewed him as a transformational figure who was not a typical politician. I felt even better about Ron's chances in Iowa after reading how Obama's Iowa ground game was carried out. Obama HAD to win Iowa, or it was over. I daresay Ron has a similar strategy as Obama 2008, with the exception of a extended delegate fight all the way to the convention (that I don't think Obama would have pursued if he had lost Iowa).

RP Supporter
12-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Ah yes, Game Change:

The only mention of Paul was along the lines of "Going into Iowa, there were the others: Duncan Hunter, Sam Brownback, and Ron Paul, all of whom were such long shots so as to better be classified as no shots." :rolleyes:

They could have at least mentioned the moneybomb. Or how he ended up doing better then Rudy.

pauliticalfan
12-30-2011, 05:33 PM
The one line that has stuck with me from this books so far is that "You can stop a candidate. You can't stop a movement."

We're behind a movement here guys.