PDA

View Full Version : Article: "Ron Paul and the Dalai Lama"

whelvestine
11-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey folks,

I wrote this article for the Daily Trojan, the student newspaper of the University of Southern California. Unfortunately they blackballed me, making lame excuses for two weeks about why they couldn't publish it. I didn't want it to go to waste so I thought I'd post a link to it here. I think it works well as an introduction to Ron Paul for those who've never heard of him (I obviously wrote it with that purpose in mind).

All comments/criticisms/feedback are welcome!

http://www.thisisby.us/index.php/content/ron_paul_and_the_dalai_lama

Mac Guy
11-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Wow! Thanks for posting that. :)

Meatwasp
11-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Very nice. Thank you for sharing it

eleganz
11-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Same story with Mother Theresa, Ron Paul IS good for our nation. Too many people think RP is too radical and wants to change too many things, he just wants to conserve the very little dignity our country has left.

So sad...

Good article, definitely write more and don't let the USC editor hold you back, fight to have your word printed!

demosthenes
11-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Not wanting to obey ludicrous rules and pay huge taxes enforced at gunpoint is radical? My word!

Great article, Whelvestine. And I agree, keep fighting to have it published, and the best of luck to you.

wisconsinite
11-09-2007, 03:50 AM
I'm actually a Buddhist myself, and I can tell you that strictly following the monastic code, a buddhist monk is not supposed to even touch gold and silver coins. So, yes, it is very ironic to give the Dalai Lama a gold medal.