PDA

View Full Version : NPR : The Nation: Why Do GOP Bosses Fear Ron Paul? (NOT SPIN FOR ONCE)

smithtg
12-22-2011, 08:55 AM
For every one of an article like this there are about 1000 poor articles. Someone on here will find something wrong with this article, but IMO, one of the better pieces in speaking the truth about the GOP. I like how the writer calls out Rush and Hannity - too funny

http://www.npr.org/2011/12/22/144122913/the-nation-why-do-gop-bosses-fear-ron-paul

Of course given NPR's liberal leanings at times, the bosses there may start pushing RP more to the disdain of the Neocons.

malkusm
12-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Shouldn't be in Media Spin if it's not spin :p

Moved to General Politics

Aratus
12-22-2011, 09:01 AM
good!

Created4
12-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Great article! Shows that while Dr. Paul's views are out of line with current GOP thinking, that his views are historically similar to other true conservatives. Very well written. I love this part:

After his defeat, Taft griped, "Every Republican candidate for President since 1936 has been nominated by the Chase National Bank."

That was the pure voice of old-right conservatism speaking.

CaptUSA
12-22-2011, 09:07 AM
This was the Nation article posted yesterday. Nice the NPR picked it up, though.

Created4
12-22-2011, 09:08 AM
More great quotes:

That is what frightens Republican party leaders. The notion that the Grand Old Party might actually base its politics on values, as opposd to pay-to-play deal-making, unsettles the Republican leaders who back only contenders who have been pre-approved by the Wall Street speculators, banksters and corporate CEOs who pay the party's tab—and kindly pick up some of the bills for the Democrats, as well.

That scares the Republican bosses who currently maintain the party concession on behalf of the Wall Streeters. But it, if the polls are to be believed, it quite intrigues the folks on Main Street who may be waking up to the fact that the "conservatism" of a Newt Gingrich or a Mitt Romney is a sham argument designed to make the rich richer and to make the rest of us pay for wars of whim and crony-capitalist corruption.
---------------

Interesting that an article like this had to come out of NPR, and not the bank-supported mainstream media outlets. I hope this goes viral. The campaign needs to post this everywhere.

gls
12-22-2011, 09:15 AM
The word "banksters" is in the article; I don't think I've ever seen it used outside of libertarian circles before.

smithtg
12-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Shouldn't be in Media Spin if it's not spin :p

Moved to General Politics ok thanks sorry about that

smithtg
12-22-2011, 09:30 AM
i drudged it, will you?

randomname
12-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Paul's ideological clarity scares the wits out of the Republican mandarins who peddle the fantasy that the interventionism, the assaults on civil liberties and the partnerships that they have forged with multinational corporations and foreign dictators represent anything akin to true conservatism.

The problem that Limbaugh, Hannity and other GOP establishment types have with Paul is that the Texan really is a conservative, rather than a neoconservative or a crony capitalist who would use the state to maintain monopolies at home and via corrupt international trade deals.

TRUTH BOMB

Tod
12-22-2011, 10:02 AM
i drudged it, will you?

me too!

Created4
12-22-2011, 10:11 AM
i drudged it, will you?

Done.

Krugerrand
12-22-2011, 10:27 AM
woo hoo!

CharlesTX
12-22-2011, 10:52 AM
That was a nice piece.

georgiaboy
12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
spot on.

Travlyr
12-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Ron Paul represents the ideology that Republican insiders most fear: conservatism.

Not the corrupt, inside-the-beltway construct that goes by that name, but actual conservatism.

And if he wins the Iowa Republican Caucus vote on January 3—a real, though far from certain, prospect—the party bosses will have to do everything in their power to prevent Paul from reasserting the values of the "old-right" Republicans who once stood, steadily and without apology, in opposition to wars of whim and assaults on individual liberty.
Spot on for sure.