PDA

View Full Version : The War on Terror is the greatest threat to our national security

economics102
12-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Just came up with this meme -- I think it nicely encapsulates a lot of our arguments. Feel free to run with it :)

Exponent
12-22-2011, 08:56 AM
I told my mom last night that our deficit is the greatest threat to our national security. Naturally, the war on terror and our deficit are very much related, so we're probably both sorta correct. I'd like either one to become a meme, but I suspect that the deficit threat would spread more naturally, given that a lot of conservatives are very upset and worried about our deficit already. (After all, the Soviet Union collapsed from an unmaintainable economic system, not from attacks from the outside. We could easily go the same route.) The war on terror threat is counter-intuitive, making it harder for people to naturally accept as true. It is a real threat of course, but it takes so much education to get people to realize that.

economics102
12-22-2011, 08:59 AM
The reason I like this meme is because, yes, the deficit (much of it war-related) is a big threat, but more directly as well, all the wars we've been fighting as part of the supposed "war on terror" are actually INCREASING the risk of another attack coming our way. I think this meme is a good way of getting that point across eloquently.