PDA

View Full Version : The Iowa Republican: Ron Paul's Campaign is Ready to Deliver Victory

sailingaway
12-22-2011, 02:28 AM
http://theiowarepublican.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Ron-Paul--602x468.jpg

For anyone unsure that Ron Paul will place very high in the Iowa Caucus, Wednesday’s event in Bettendorf should erase all doubts. The event was a campaign tour de force in terms of crowd attendance, as well as organization.

One hour before the scheduled start time, more than 100 attendees were already waiting inside the Quad Cities Waterfront Convention Center. Shortly after the doors opened, the room filled to capacity. However, Ron Paul’s campaign was more than prepared for the enormous crowd.

On each of the 260 seats were three items: a 30 page Ron Paul family cookbook, an invitation to a Veterans for Ron Paul rally in Des Moines next week, and a slickly produced palm card that explains Paul’s stances on the front, with a place to sign up as a volunteer or donate money on the back. It is this kind of forethought that is lacking from most of the presidential campaigns.

The Paul staff put on a textbook example of how an event should be run. Volunteers and staff dispersed through the room with sign-up sheets attached to clipboards. They made a significant effort to collect contact information from every single person in the room.

No presidential campaign in Iowa is as efficient as Ron Paul’s in terms of collecting data and distributing information about their candidate. Others set up sign tables with campaign materials and haphazardly pass around sign-up sheets. Ron Paul’s staff is doing the little things necessary to win. They are mobilizing the people who attend their events.

The tremendous display in efficiency and foresight continued as the crowd swelled. It quickly became apparent that the room was too small to fit the rapidly increasing crowd. No worries. The divider wall in the room was removed, revealing another 150 chairs. Each was pre-stocked with campaign materials. Those seats filled up as well. Dozens more were brought in. That wasn’t enough either. Altogether, a crowd of more than 500 people turned out for this event. It was by far the largest audience for any presidential candidate in the Quad Cities this year.

“He does have a good ground game going and I think it’s reflective of the amount of people that were here,” said Scott County GOP Chair Judy Davidson. “We do tend to draw a lot of people at our events but this is the best attended.”

The Bettendorf event was not an anomaly. Paul’s other three stops in eastern Iowa on Wednesday each drew crowds of over 200. No other candidate is attracting those kinds of numbers in Iowa this year.

more at link
http://theiowarepublican.com/2011/ron-paul%E2%80%99s-iowa-campaign-is-ready-to-deliver-victory/

merrimac
12-22-2011, 02:52 AM
great read.

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-22-2011, 02:54 AM
I hope there's people to monitor the polls, you know, when they try to rob the efforts of the patriots in Iowa and abroad.

libertythor
12-22-2011, 03:01 AM
I hope there's people to monitor the polls, you know, when they try to rob the efforts of the patriots in Iowa and abroad.

Luckily there is a room full of people for the count at each location. :D

Badger Paul
12-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Good to hear he's getting good crowds in eastern Iowa.

J_White
12-22-2011, 03:18 AM
holy smokes !!

Sola_Fide
12-22-2011, 03:21 AM
That was one of the most encouraging articles Ive read this election season. Wow!

sailingaway
12-22-2011, 03:40 AM
Yeah, it was one of my favorites, today.

TheViper
12-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Agreed with both of the above.

I keep hearing his ground game is great but this really demonstrated that statement more than any I've heard so far.

If the campaign can do this in other states as well, 2012 is going to be a very good year.

Krugerrand
12-22-2011, 10:33 AM
woo hoo!

Huckabee won a county with 284 votes...

Remember this people when you are doing phone from home and you only reach 14 people. That is 5% toward winning a county. Only 20 people doing the same thing wins a friggin county.

FA.Hayek
12-22-2011, 10:36 AM
holy crap, now THIS is the campaign worth donating to.. perfect message, perfect messenger, and a wonderful campaign

SisCyn
12-22-2011, 10:43 AM
A friend and I attended one of Ron's Town Hall Meetings yesterday in Ft. Madison, IA. It was set up exactly as described for the Bettendorf meeting. I never had such a good time. Wish I would have had the entire day off to follow him on up to Mt. Pleasant. They also had yard signs lined up against the walls and told us that they were to take. I think we had around 200 there. Since this town sets right on the Mississippi River, a number of Illinois residents were there, too. It was wonderful to see Ron in person, a real priviledge.

Agorism
12-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Someone had a post about crowd size comparisons somewhere earlier today?

RonPaul101.com
12-22-2011, 11:22 AM
2008 was about spreading the message; 2012 is about implementing the message.

georgiaboy
12-22-2011, 11:28 AM
love the details mentioned in this article, and the compare against the other campaigns.

Suzu
12-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Luckily there is a room full of people for the count at each location. :D
They had better be ready to record (video, audio, photographs) the actual results, and report them to a central location run by the campaign. Then if the "Voter News Service" in New York, or whoever the Iowa GOP has contracted with for their county committee chairpeople to report their results to, comes up with a different total than we do, there will be EVIDENCE to back up what really happened.