PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened To Investigative Journalism?

TheViper
12-22-2011, 12:41 AM
I remember a time when journalists would investigate their claims. They would break news. They would find truths.

Today, all we get is regurgitation of speculation and hearsay.

Why are none in the media interested in investigating the real authors of the Ron Paul Newsletters? 60 Minutes still does investigative journalism...I think that would be a great story for them to tackle.

mport1
12-22-2011, 12:43 AM
It is much easier to regurgitate talking points and government press releases.

sailingaway
12-22-2011, 02:01 AM
The federal department of education.

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-22-2011, 02:58 AM
So then we become the media. I don't see why we all give them so much power to begin with. It's all in our heads. We don't need the T.V to be the media.

phill4paul
12-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Paycheck.

ZanZibar
12-22-2011, 07:16 AM
The media has become cheap and lazy. It takes a lot of time to do research and time = money because more staff are needed to cover extensive research. Most news outlets simply repeat wire reports.

gjdavis60
12-22-2011, 07:19 AM
They've abandoned their historic role and become part of the production of news.

Travlyr
12-22-2011, 07:20 AM
My college journalism class was a total give me class. Show up ... get an A. It was ridiculously stupid easy.

ZanZibar
12-22-2011, 07:20 AM
JibJab has a great satire video on this "What We Call The News". It's hilariously sad.

Adam West
12-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Why does the political process in America fixate on Religion, racism and gays? As an Aussie raised in the States, it is extremely frustrating to watch this on-going disruption to the political process.

donnay
12-22-2011, 07:34 AM
I remember a time when journalists would investigate their claims. They would break news. They would find truths.

Why are none in the media interested in investigating the real authors of the Ron Paul Newsletters? 60 Minutes still does investigative journalism...I think that would be a great story for them to tackle.

MSM journalists are definitely controlled--most of them are not even really journalist, in the sense of the word. They are sensationalists who report what they are told to report. Independent journalists and alternative news are a far better choice since they are more apt to check the facts and seek the truth.

MSM = Pressititutes

Travlyr
12-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Why does the political process in America fixate on Religion, racism and gays? As an Aussie raised in the States, it is extremely frustrating to watch this on-going disruption to the political process.
Well, if the media was fixated on sound money, peace, commerce, and honest friendship, then the powers-that-be (the ones with the money) couldn't propagate war profits, counterfeiting schemes, and control over society.

Captain Shays
12-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Well, if the media was fixated on sound money, peace, commerce, and honest friendship, then the powers-that-be (the ones with the money) couldn't propagate war profits, counterfeiting schemes, and control over society.

Spot on Bro but don't forget their war profits

Adam West
12-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Spot on Bro but don't forget their war profits

Couldn't agree with you more. That is why I have been following him since 2007. It is after midnight in OZ and I told my wife I'd be in bed an hour ago. Dr. Paul is addictive... LOL

Aratus
12-22-2011, 08:06 AM
the major newspapers gutted their talent pools of investigative
cub reporters awhile back. the mass media is an echo chamber.

tbone717
12-22-2011, 08:34 AM

There is actually a very interesting reason for this. In the 60's and 70's when the social liberals came to power, they used the power of the Federal Government to dictate morality to the people of the country. For example, the issue of prayer in schools. Throughout the history of our country prayer was allowed in public schools and the Bible was taught as part of the curriculum. The social liberals under the guise of political correctness forced the schools to stop allowing public prayer and Bible teachings. There was a backlash from the people which brought rise to the social conservatives. The problem with the social conservatives though was that they did not call for the ability of the states and local communities to dictate what the schools can teach, but instead attempted to legislate morality from the right using the power of the Federal government. 40 years later and we have the mess we have today with the left and right fighting over who gets to impose social engineering on the country.

Paul has the correct solution to it all. Respect and obey the Constitution and get the government out of these issues. Gay marriage is an interesting topic, because the left wants to force gay marriage on the people and the right wants the Federal government to bar gay marriage. Paul's answer on gay marriage is perfect - it shouldn't be a government issue, it should be as it has always been a church matter and (to a lesser degree) a civil matter.

musicmax
12-22-2011, 08:57 AM

Yes they should camp out outside the LVM Institute and not leave until Lew Rockwell provides a full explanation. I don't know if he wrote 'em; I'm not saying he did. But he does know who wrote them.

You never want a third party to be the figure who determines the outcome of your campaign. Right now Rockwell is the de facto chairman of RP2012.

WilliamC
12-22-2011, 09:14 AM
The media could care less who wrote the newsletters., in fact they don't want to know.

It's just an excuse to attack Ron Paul. Period.

They are following orders.

rpwasright
12-22-2011, 10:09 AM
The media could care less who wrote the newsletters., in fact they don't want to know.

They are following orders.

I wish whoever wrote them would just come forth and admit it. To me this will be Pauls scandal even if it isn't really one. The media will force it down our throats and the brainless idiots in this country will buy it hook line and sinker. This is becoming Cain all over again. And Paul get angry at the reporters asking the questions (no matter how rightly) will make him look even more guilty.

kylejack
12-22-2011, 10:23 AM

Kind of hard when everyone stonewalls. Rockwell was managing editor. Mark Elam was the printer. Neither wants to answer specific questions.

musicmax
12-22-2011, 10:41 AM

When did they tell you this?

And once the author is identified, the excuse becomes weaker. The longer the question goes unanswered, the more conjecture there will be that Paul himself did write them.

musicmax
12-22-2011, 10:50 AM
I wish whoever wrote them would just come forth and admit it. To me this will be Pauls scandal even if it isn't really one. The media will force it down our throats and the brainless idiots in this country will buy it hook line and sinker. This is becoming Cain all over again. And Paul get angry at the reporters asking the questions (no matter how rightly) will make him look even more guilty.

Agree on all points. It astounds me how so many allegedly intelligent people on RPF don't see the parallel with Cain.