PDA

View Full Version : What should Ron Paul say in his victory speech IF he wins Iowa?

merrimac
12-21-2011, 11:28 PM
You know that whatever he says is going to be crucial. It may be at most 10 or 15 minutes of unedited access to the minds of the American people and their perception of him. You know that the media is going to work immediately to discredit the win and discredit Paul. So I think he needs to think very carefully on how he handles his speech because I think it could make or break his campaign. What should he say?

Karsten
12-22-2011, 12:02 AM
The theme of his speech should be "live free or die," just as Obama's theme for his speech was "Yes We Can." It would really help him out in New Hampshire as people there would identify with it.

trey4sports
12-22-2011, 12:05 AM
no army or corporate smearfest attempt can stop an idea who's time has come....

jbuttell
12-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Hah, honestly never thought of him giving a speech. I agree, it will be important and hopefully profound.

Karsten
12-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Hah, honestly never thought of him giving a speech. I agree, it will be important and hopefully profound.
Very profound. For the first time, many people, including many people who have not been paying attention to politics AT ALL up till now, will finally see Ron Paul, unedited, for a lot longer than 89 seconds, and on pretty much every channel.

Dr.3D
12-22-2011, 12:27 AM
"Freedom is popular!"

gls
12-22-2011, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjPTdJ2auj0

But seriously...yeah, I hope he has something good. The standard stump speech won't do.

Shane Harris
12-22-2011, 12:32 AM
AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME CANNOT BE STOPPED BY ANY ARMY OR ANY GOVERNMENT.

IT DOES NOT TAKE A MAJORITY TO PREVAIL, BUT RATHER AN IRATE, TIRELESS MINORITY, KEEN ON SETTING BRUSHFIRES OF FREEDOM IN THE MINDS OF MEN.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.

Karsten
12-22-2011, 01:04 AM
How about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_vHH5731g

merrimac
12-22-2011, 01:26 AM
I think it should be concise and it shouldn't delve into issues that the bulk of the party disagree on like ending the war on drugs. It should emphasize what the Republican party and he both agree on. I think at least 50% of the speech should be on spending and debt so it wouldn't be a bad time to advertise his voting records. He should mention how the party has failed to live up to its promises and how he will be different. It should be delivered with as much passion as he can muster (not Howard Dean scream passion, though).

I really hope his campaign aids make sure he gets this right and he has to nail it. His commercials have been really good so here's hoping. Even if he gives a perfect speech it's still an uphill fight to become the nominee but maybe at least people will stop treating it like it's impossible for Ron Paul to win.

mstrmac1
12-22-2011, 01:36 AM
We all are now AWAKE!

Karsten
12-22-2011, 01:38 AM
We all are now AWAKE!
Not me I'm going to bed.

orenbus
12-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Aww you guys beat me too it, I was going to post up to say "As long as he doesn't do the Howard Dean scream whatever he says I'm sure will be fine."

CUnknown
12-22-2011, 01:43 AM
We've come to take our government back.

WD-NY
12-22-2011, 01:46 AM
As long as Ron reads what he says off of a piece of paper (aka delivers a FORMAL SPEECH), I have zero doubts that his words will be Historic.

Worst case scenario: Ron gets up there and attempts to speak-off-the-cuff.... (not because he'll bomb, but because it will be a massive missed opportunity to present a coherent message, unfiltered, to millions of Americans.)

dolphin
12-22-2011, 01:48 AM
He should ask the Republican Bosses if they plan to run a third party candidate if he wins the Nomination.

Spread this far and wide.
http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-REPUBLICAN-BOSSES-to-form-3rd-Party

Krugerrand
12-22-2011, 09:00 AM
WHEN, not "if"

Liberty74
12-22-2011, 09:21 AM
AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME CANNOT BE STOPPED BY ANY ARMY OR ANY GOVERNMENT.

IT DOES NOT TAKE A MAJORITY TO PREVAIL, BUT RATHER AN IRATE, TIRELESS MINORITY, KEEN ON SETTING BRUSHFIRES OF FREEDOM IN THE MINDS OF MEN.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.

^This

Classic RP rhetoric. I would also throw in the speech about how he is the anti-establishment and anti-status quo candidate. The crooks and criminals in DC are wetting their pants. And that he represents real change for the people. That he will become the people's President.

Johnnybags
12-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Thank you Iowa, today you voted to "Let Freedom Ring" and now its off to NH the "Live Free or Die" state to ring some more Freedom bells loud and clear.

steacj78
12-22-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure exactly what needs to be said, but for Ron Paul this will be the most important speech he has ever made.

He will have the people of the USA's eyes and ears at his disposal, and the media will have to cover it.

Krugerrand
12-22-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure exactly what needs to be said, but for Ron Paul this will be the most important speech he has ever made.

He will have the people of the USA's eyes and ears at his disposal, and the media will have to cover it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets per-empted by Perry's 5th place concession speech.

remaxjon
12-22-2011, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9pnDhEP38Xg#t=89s

George_K
12-22-2011, 11:15 AM
He will have the people of the USA's eyes and ears at his disposal

The USA's? The world will be watching.

Elwar
12-22-2011, 01:06 PM
The USA's? The world will be watching.

+1

This will be a world changer...

FreeTraveler
12-22-2011, 01:25 PM
"Bite me, suckas?"

I really like his Dana Carvey impersonation, when he puts that baseball cap on backwards and flashes "V for Victory" signs.

Yeah, I know he can't do that, but damn it would be sweet.

I hope he has something scripted, and I hope it's a "greatest hits" collection. "An idea whose time has come...," "We have been overtaxed...," "Truth is treason...," "Freedom is Popular!" there are just so many great lines I'd love to hear again.

Is there a "Ron Paul Greatest Quotes" thread?

Eric21ND
12-22-2011, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyCBUBPcalw

RileyE104
12-22-2011, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9buEI8SgwU

:D