PDA

View Full Version : Defending RP on the Racism Accusations

JT_Bonfire
12-21-2011, 08:06 PM
What approach / arguments / resources do you use to defend RP against the racism accusations, which are only going to increase in frequency and intensity as we keep trucking along?

An example would be the following story, which an acquaintance of mine has posted to facebook today.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/09/07/10-quotes-that-make-ron-paul-sound-racist/

As I said before this stuff is going to be popping up more and more and I want to address it head on.

Please don't reply with the "someone else wrote it in a newsletter" stuff, I'm looking for more a more substantial, principled rebuttal.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Paul Ferris
12-22-2011, 05:01 AM
Sharing a youtube response from AntonTheSpot :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-DQ1cRtcE4

Hey ... it's not "wrote in a newsletter".

teacherone
12-22-2011, 05:20 AM
It's pretty damn easy -- here's how:

Have you heard him say anything remotely racist in the last 20 years? No. So you got two options.

a) He's not a racist.
b) He's been pretending not to be a racist for 20 years in order to take the presidency and do "racist" things with his power.

And if you believe b) then you're as kooky as the birthers who believe Obama's Mom put a birthing announcement in a Hawiian paper 40 years early to provide citizen cover.

I'm done discussing these kooky conspiracy theories - let's talk about the fed.

McDermit
12-22-2011, 06:04 AM
It's pretty damn easy -- here's how:

Have you heard him say anything remotely racist in the last 20 years? No. So you got two options.

a) He's not a racist.
b) He's been pretending not to be a racist for 20 years in order to take the presidency and do "racist" things with his power.

And if you believe b) then you're as kooky as the birthers who believe Obama's Mom put a birthing announcement in a Hawiian paper 40 years early to provide citizen cover.

I'm done discussing these kooky conspiracy theories - let's talk about the fed.+rep

This is a great approach