PDA

View Full Version : RoN JUST NEEDS To CHANGE THE ToPIC!

Perry
12-21-2011, 06:59 PM
So what about these letters Ron?

Ron:We've covered this already. Let's discuss the legislation that congress just passed that strips the American people of even more of their rights under the constitution.

But didn't you make money off these letters?

Ron:This has been covered. Why are we not discussing how inflation of the money supply hurts the poor and eliminates the middle-class...

But don't you think these letters are inflammatory and racist?

Ron: Anyone who knows me knows I don't have a racist bone in my body. Let's talk about how the drug war is unfair to minorities...

Ron needs to just keep changing the subject. Getting mad and leaving may work under some circumstances but only leaves the press to attack him from behind. Ron needs to play it like a lawyer and answer the questions that AREN"T being asked.

moderate libertarian
12-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Topic has been changed already.

Deep seated racism of neocons in media see a problem with the candidate who doesn't thinks in terms of groupthink and sees it immoral to bomb people of other races/religions under false pretences.

CNN's reporters (like those of CBS, WaPost) most likely have orders from their owners to keep trying to smear Ron Paul even after he has answered the question to the full.

Only if he started praising Israel like all the other puppies, it would be smooth sailing. They have a problem with only libertarian, non-group think candidate who does not support racism of bombing other countries people who do not attack America under the guise of revenge wars these media outlets cheer led. NYT's disgraced "journalist" Judith Miller was not the only culprit in perpetuating violent racism under false pretences, Wolf Blitzers, Gloria Borgers, Mike wallaces of the neocon controlled media world indirectly share the responsibility of bloodshed of hundreds of thousands people of other races/religions that occurred in Iraq. They are probably itching to do it again in Iran only if the only anti war Republican candidate got out of the way.

Lisa100
12-21-2011, 07:18 PM
I like your point Perry. Makes a lot of sense. I just don't think he should ever get mad and leave, but everything else is good advice.

Ron should take every opportunity to raise what he stands for. Answering the dumb questions that interviewers and debate moderators ask does not reveal his best qualities because the questions are dumb and relatively meaningless. He should answer by saying the important things that he stands for and if the moderator does not like it, tough. All of the other politicians slime their way through questions by not answering the real question and by distorting the truth.

ronpaulitician
12-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Agree. But it's oh so easy to tell someone else what to do. Then when it happens to you...

Tax the Fed
12-21-2011, 07:39 PM
changing topic -
suggesting that the question is too often asked -
RP making fun of the questioner who is making a mock and marginalization of him and his candidacy . . .
as . . .

__________________________________________________ ______________

The future 45th President should just answer the stupid arse media question
- after about the millionth(?) time now - "Would you consider a third party run ?"
with a very polite and smiling . . .

"Hmmm . . . I guess I hadn't had time to think about that with
my compiling a short list of VP running mates - " jackass!
(last word entirely optional sir).

from CPAC:

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/RonPaul001.jpg

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-21-2011, 08:41 PM
He shouldn't even let it get to that point. First he should quit giving interviews to corporate news outlets like CNN and Fox until after Iowa, when he's in a stronger position (I'm assuming a win here). Then, he should have his people negotiate a "no newsletters" agreement for the interview. If they want to ambush him with it anyway, just walk out again.

If he needs to clarify that issue, he should do it directly to the people on the trail, rather than through the enemy's filter.

Freeberty
12-21-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm sure if he just keeps saying 9-9-9 it will all go away. :) No I don't think changing the topic will help. He has to address it head on.

muh_roads
12-21-2011, 09:00 PM
The war on drugs and many other things he has said over the years just doesn't match the newsletters.

There could be an information overload in our favor to make the neocon media sick of bringing it up if the counter-attack rebuttals are played right.

airborne373
12-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Hey ... just got off the phone with the campaign. They said they would if you would.

Note: I have never spoken with any one from the Ron Paul campaign.

Tod
12-21-2011, 09:12 PM
One of my facebook friends, who is in the newspaper business, writes this on the topic:

The incidents happened over a long period, several times. Paul could have made an effort to find out who did it, and he has supporters who could have helped him apply pressure. He certainly had a big stage to get out there and say "I did not do this" (Instead, he defended the comments and suggested they were taken out of context, etc., years ago when asked). And if there was no legal recourse to punish someone for doing this, then he could have outed them publicly or something. Personally, I'd have kicked someone's ass and done the jail time. Staying quiet on something like that, and letting the story mutate over the years, smells fishy to me. And yes, all the other candidates have big shortcomings, to. They all suck.

squarepusher
12-21-2011, 09:16 PM
His becoming upset and storming off is a bit telling, however I still think he is the best candidate for the job right now.

tremendoustie
12-21-2011, 09:17 PM
One of my facebook friends, who is in the newspaper business, writes this on the topic:

I think he knows who did it at this point, but he's just not willing to throw them under the bus. (I'm looking at you, lew ...)

It doesn't smell fishy at all -- I think he does have a tendency to be overly protective/loyal to people who probably don't deserve it. I don't see that a witch hunt is necessary -- it's obvious for a million different reasons that Ron didn't write them, and that's the only question that really matters.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-21-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm sure if he just keeps saying 9-9-9 it will all go away. :) No I don't think changing the topic will help. He has to address it head on.He has addressed it head on, repeatedly. He has addressed the 3rd party question head-on, and they just keep on asking. You're assuming they want an honest answer or something, when what they really want to is to smear him as a racist and kill his campaign.

acptulsa
12-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Hey ... just got off the phone with the campaign. They said they would if you would.

That's what I'm saying. I've been staying the hell out of this thread, but here it is bumped again, so as long as it's at the top, well...

Hey, people! DON'T LET THEM DRIVE THE CONVERSATION! THEY DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT WARMONGERING, 7.7 BILLION OF TARP, FEMA CAMPS, AND THE SHREDDED CONSTITUTION! WE DO, DON'T WE? SO, WHY DON'T WE?

He has addressed it head on, repeatedly. He has addressed the 3rd party question head-on, and they just keep on asking. You're assuming they want an honest answer or something, when what they really want to is to smear him as a racist and kill his campaign.

Hello? I know the trolls aren't listening, but is anyone else? They want to use the closest thing to an Achilles' Heel they can find, and drive the conversation.

THEY DON'T DRIVE THE CONVERSATION ANY MORE. WE DRIVE THE CONVERSATION NOW. WHAT DO WE WANT TO TALK ABOUT?

Inny Binny
12-21-2011, 09:47 PM
He can't just ignore it. That'll make him look like a politician trying to get out of something he doesn't want to talk about. And frankly, his answers to sounds rather unconvincing to a member of the public - 'I don't know who wrote them!' It sounds dodgy and evasive.

There are 3 questions that might be asked:

1. Did he write the articles?
2. Did he agree with what was in the articles?
3. Did he know that those articles were being published?

The second we can probably dismiss. Considering his constant defense of Muslims and the complete lack of any other quotes with racist content, it's rather hard to subscribe to that idea.

The first I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. You don't have to believe something in order to write it - perhaps he penned an outreach to some less than desirable people - but, well, I think there might be enough refutation out there that suggest he in particular didn't write them.

But the third I'm not willing to dismiss. The late 80s and 90s was a time when Rothbard got sick of the statist left and decided to take a punt on a coalition with the old right. So the libertarians got with guys like Buchanan to fight for free markets, and above all, peace. They agreed to disagree on social issues, free trade and immigration. In order to make this coalition work, Rothbard and the like wildly changed their rhetoric to appease the populist right, which included mocking a lot of civil rights movements (children, gays, blacks etc.), just stopping short of outright racism.

That's what Paul's newsletters were a part of - a campaign to reach the right on matters of peace. Of course as is plainly obvious today, the coalition completely failed in every way imaginable. We got no peace, libertarianism in America is now seen as one of the wings of the Republican party, and we now get idiots like Barr being the standard-bearer for the Libertarian party. After that failure, even Rockwell, one of Paul's biggest supporters, has completely disavowed conservatism as an ideology committed to violence.

So, do I think Paul knew what was being written? Probably. It was part of the strategy at the time.

sanssq
12-21-2011, 09:50 PM
How many babies did Ron Paul deliver for free? Of all races.

sanssq
12-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Don't you think it's a bit racist to be dropping bombs on people of different races, religions and beliefs? Perhaps CNN could cover that better.

sanssq
12-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Question of reporter: How many times should answer the same questions before you take the answer as, well, the answer?

sanssq
12-21-2011, 09:55 PM
I see you are uncomfortable asking me the same question over and over. Why do you do that?

sanssq
12-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Redundancy and repetition. I'll send you a dictionary for Christmas so you can look it up.

sanssq
12-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Since you don't like the answers I've given you, why don't you just make up your own.

tremendoustie
12-21-2011, 10:03 PM
His becoming upset and storming off is a bit telling, however I still think he is the best candidate for the job right now.

What do you mean, telling? They asked him the same question like four times in a row. Wouldn't you be pissed?

milo10
12-21-2011, 10:20 PM
He shouldn't even let it get to that point. First he should quit giving interviews to corporate news outlets like CNN and Fox until after Iowa, when he's in a stronger position (I'm assuming a win here). Then, he should have his people negotiate a "no newsletters" agreement for the interview. If they want to ambush him with it anyway, just walk out again.

If he needs to clarify that issue, he should do it directly to the people on the trail, rather than through the enemy's filter.

That's not going to work.

You do what Paul has been doing. And you remain non-attached and disinterested as you explain it. Don't ever take it personal. He will be asked this again and again and again.

Don't ever change your story and response. Ever. Don't ever make it interesting for them. Don't flesh things out unnecessarily. Just answer the questions and move on. Act a little bored having to answer it.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-21-2011, 10:40 PM
He will be asked this again and again and again.Of course he will. That's the point. To keep repeating the insinuation that he's a racist. The answer isn't important at all. No matter what he says, it will be cast in the worst light possible.

The 3rd party question is repeated to smear him as well, as not a real Republican who will blow up the party and hand the election to Obama, and as someone who can't win.

J_White
12-22-2011, 12:23 AM
i dont even think he stormed off the interview.
from the video it seems the main interview had ended or was nearing the end and Gloria kept pushing on this issue, just to rile him up.
the edited video is made to look like that.
Focus now on phone from home and other things u can do,
let the media do their job of running a smear campaign,
let us do our job of spreading the truth !