PDA

View Full Version : Why is Mitt Romney never attacked?

sofia
12-21-2011, 04:34 PM
We sliced up Newt Gingrich, but not one negative ad on Slick Mitt? We could blow this guy out of the water in Iowa with his abortion flip-flops and support for TARP.

I just dont understand why the campaign was so utterly BRUTAL in attacking Newt....but yet allows Mitt to go untouched. If we lose Iowa by a hair to Mitt...then NH is Mitt's too.,,,,From there on in all the 2nd tier chumps will drop out and endorse Mitt.

We may regret not attacking Mitt. I just dont get it...

Are we trying to not win afterall?

bluesc
12-21-2011, 04:37 PM
He has been attacked so much and it does nothing. His support is solid, not because his supporters are particularly enthusastic, but because they think he is "Mr. Electable"

I guess the focus groups showed attacking him isn't worth the money -- or the campaign is saving the attack ads (which they definitely have waiting) until right before IA or NH votes. Don't want to attack too early, it's all about timing.

We'll see.

280Z28
12-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Romney attacks himself by being Romney. So far it's been working reasonably well, especially for the cost.

RPit
12-21-2011, 04:40 PM
I agree with blue... I think what WILL 'attack' Romney, is attacking his electability or showing that Ron is electable.
I made a flyer regarding this- tweet and facebook this plz.

http://tinyurl.com/RonPaulvObama

The best way to attack Romney is to show that he can't win against Obama, or that we are a better option to beat Obama AND we are not flipfloppers so we're definitely the better choice.

muh_roads
12-21-2011, 04:41 PM
I agree 100% with this. We need attack ads in NH the same way Gingrich was attacked in Iowa. The only response I get is "shut up and phone bank".

Those Iowa Gingrich commercials were bad ass. Serial Hypocrisy was what worked so well. Where is the Romney equivalent for NH?

sofia
12-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Romney attacks himself by being Romney. So far it's been working reasonably well, especially for the cost.

Romney is tied for first with us....so it hasnt worked out to well.

An ad blitz in Iowa would sink him and guarantee us the win. Campaign is missing an opportunity to deliever a death blow.

Sola_Fide
12-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Mitt's not attacked because people don't have to be reminded that he is a spineless flip flopper like they had to be reminded with Newt.

Going in to New Hampshire, I am hoping the campaign puts their sights on him though.

sofia
I agree 100% with this. We need attack ads in NH the same way Gingrich was attacked in Iowa. The only response I get is "shut up and phone bank".

Those Iowa Gingrich commercials were bad ass. Serial Hypocrisy was what worked so well. Where is the Romney equivalent for NH?

EXACTLY!....Newt and Mitt are the same thing! Why did we pour out such venom on Newt and yet we ignore Mitt????? It's very wierd.

matt0611
We need serial hypocrisy for Mitt.

He's said "I have progressive views"

Romneycare

gun rights

abortion

there's so much to hit him with, we should be doing it in NH

Brian4Liberty
We sliced up Newt Gingrich, but not one negative ad on Slick Mitt? We could blow this guy out of the water in Iowa with his abortion flip-flops and support for TARP.

Most likely because Ron can end up with a good percentage of Newt people coming over to his side after they are enlightened about Newt's big government, leftist views. He probably wouldn't get any of the current Mitt supporters, even if Mitt dropped out tomorrow.

TroySmith
12-21-2011, 04:46 PM
If you've noticed, Mitt and Ron have been very friendly, and even complimentary, towards one another at the debates. This can't be said for anyone else. I think Paul is working to bring it down to him and Romney, while eliminating the various flavor of the weeks. Romney is working for basically the same, hoping that the media will be too anti-Paul for him to get elected and will hope to put him in his cabinet to secure the "Ron Paul vote bloc".

RPit
12-21-2011, 04:48 PM
You guys think a ad like 'serial hypocrisy is going to work on Mitt? Everyone knows he is a flipflopper, the media calls him a flipflopper. Thats not news. The only reason people stick to him is because they think he's the best choice against Obama. So attack this point because there is no other reason to vote for Mitt. Attack THAT and take their only reason to vote for him away. Showing is a flip-flopped is like reading the Daily newspaper everyday. Its not going to do shit.

rrcamp
12-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Don't forget that the wife of the guy they hired to make our videos works for Mitt. He also has pointed out quite clearly that he is not a supporter, but rather a hired gun. I hope this has nothing to do with it, but it must have _some_ effect, even if unconscious or involuntary.

Aratus
12-21-2011, 04:50 PM
we have an official unemployment rate of 9% right now. perhaps if it is
almost 7% in a year's time, mitt romney may be debating our potus.
the closer it is to 11% the more likely a ron paul presidency is!

goRPaul
12-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Don't call him Mitt. Call him Willard. It's cheaper and more effective than an attack ad.

sofia
12-21-2011, 04:58 PM
You guys think a ad like 'serial hypocrisy is going to work on Mitt? Everyone knows he is a flipflopper, the media calls him a flipflopper. Thats not news. The only reason people stick to him is because they think he's the best choice against Obama. So attack this point because there is no other reason to vote for Mitt. Attack THAT and take their only reason to vote for him away. Showing is a flip-flopped is like reading the Daily newspaper everyday. Its not going to do shit.

People are sheep. They need to have constant repitition right up until election day.

Attention spans are so short....that even a scumbag like Romney gets rehabilitaed after a few weeks of not being attacked.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't know, but if Gingrich continues to sink, we should attack Romney, and perhaps pick up some votes from people who will vote for Dr. Paul to prevent Romney from winning.

Carole
12-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Best way to attack Romney and show him unelectable is to WIN Iowa and New Hampshire. :D

mosquitobite
12-21-2011, 05:13 PM

Yup! +1

mosquitobite
12-21-2011, 05:18 PM
People are sheep. They need to have constant repitition right up until election day.

Attention spans are so short....that even a scumbag like Romney gets rehabilitaed after a few weeks of not being attacked.

You don't understand the demographics within the GOP. Romney has the establishment vote locked. The party over country people. The red kool aid drinkers. It is already pretty much Romney vs Paul. The establishment keeps throwing new clowns as the "anti-establishment" candidate in order to keep Paul down. It's ROMNEY'S game to lose.

They KNOW he flip flops. Trust me. They KNOW.

What we need is to diminish Romney's support in NH. The way to do that is an ad that shows the metrics for Romney vs Obama with a 3rd party candidate in the race. Then show Paul vs Obama with Constitution party & Libertarian party leaders saying they won't run a candidate. That would KILL Romney.

Standing Liberty
12-21-2011, 05:24 PM
The one thing that Mitt is weak on, is the 2nd amendment.
NH is a vary gun friendly state and firearms popularity/ownership has sky rocketed nationwide.. This
issue is bigger than people think and Mitt has the same
philosophy as Obama on it.

specsaregood
12-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Romney is in this for the long haul already, its pretty obvious the campaign wants it to be Mitt vs. Paul, Flip-flopper vs. Mr. Consistency.
Gotta get the other pups out of the game first, then the marathon begins.

muh_roads
12-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Don't call him Mitt. Call him Willard. It's cheaper and more effective than an attack ad.

lol

muh_roads
12-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Romney is in this for the long haul already, its pretty obvious the campaign wants it to be Mitt vs. Paul, Flip-flopper vs. Mr. Consistency.
Gotta get the other pups out of the game first, then the marathon begins.

I think it is stupid. Serial Hypocrisy Romney Edition needs to happen in NH

bbartlog
12-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Partly a matter of demographic analysis, I expect. Romney's voter base: +older, +female, +establishment. Even if we knew we could take him down ten points, it's too soon at this point to know who would benefit (and it probably wouldn't be us). Hitting Gingrich (more male supporters, more people who at least consider themselves anti-establishment) and Bachmann (has a big chunk of the young vote) makes more sense right now.
Also, you may recall that Romney was supposedly not making a major effort to win Iowa back at the time when the decision to create the Gingrich ads was made.
Wait for it to become a 3-way or 2-way race and I'm sure we'll see the anti-Romney ads.

TulsaRevolution
12-21-2011, 05:43 PM
The campaign has limited resources and is applying them in a targeted and efficient manner.

The Paul campaign sunk Perry, helped to sink Cain (Well, Cain helped sink himself), and has now sunk Gingrich. I would say it is working pretty damned effectively.

hueylong
12-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Please let the campaign handle this. They are making solid decisions on who to hit and when and why. The second guessing doesn't really help.

coffeewithgames
12-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Romney is tied for first with us....so it hasnt worked out to well.

An ad blitz in Iowa would sink him and guarantee us the win. Campaign is missing an opportunity to deliever a death blow.

I wonder if perhaps, just perhaps, one reason the campaign had not attacked Romney is because the company/guy behind RP's ads, his wife works for Romney's Super PAC? That is something the campaign needs to remember, but also, I think the campaign needs

I have been wondering if/when the campaign will attack Romney, the only thing I can think, is they are watching the poll numbers and the attack ads will come if they see him as a threat to first in Iowa. I do hope though, we see at least one Romney attack ad.

Southron
12-21-2011, 05:56 PM
No one attacked McCain in 2008 and look what happened. Just saying.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-21-2011, 06:16 PM
All the media that says they have look closely at 'top candidates', and I don't recall any stories on Mitt Romney, and there are certainly scandals.

moderate libertarian
12-21-2011, 07:42 PM

I just dont understand why the campaign was so utterly BRUTAL in attacking Newt....but yet allows Mitt to go untouched. If we lose Iowa by a hair to Mitt...then NH is Mitt's too.,,,,From there on in all the 2nd tier chumps will drop out and endorse Mitt.

Romney support also has a cieling and he has to be tackled differently. But there is plenty of baggage that he has also. The latest one, he just flip flopped on Iraq war (a $3 Trillion flip flop):

Romney Reverses Position on Iraq

In an interview with MSNBC’s Chuck Todd today, Mitt Romney asserts that “of course” invading Iraq was a bad idea now that we know Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/12/romney-reverses-position-on-iraq.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZhKwbrd8yE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZhKwbrd8yE

LibertyEagle
12-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Please let the campaign handle this. They are making solid decisions on who to hit and when and why. The second guessing doesn't really help.

I agree.

Jingles
12-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Honestly, I have no idea what Mitt Romney is even campaigning on or trying to be right now.

moderate libertarian
12-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Honestly, I have no idea what Mitt Romney is even campaigning on or trying to be right now.

Exactly.

His greasy opportunism, blatant dubiousness, flip flops would be ripe targets when time comes.

vita3
12-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Goldman Sachs has Mitt's back.

SonofThunder
12-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Goldman Sachs has Mitt's back.
This. He's backed by the same people that own the media corporations.

Echoes
12-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Mr Progressive :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMcjJEXt9To

KingNothing
12-21-2011, 08:35 PM

Mitt Romney is constantly attacked. No one likes him. No one. That's why he never polls higher than 25-percent.

RickyJ
12-21-2011, 08:42 PM
He has been attacked so much and it does nothing. His support is solid, not because his supporters are particularly enthusastic, but because they think he is "Mr. Electable"

I guess the focus groups showed attacking him isn't worth the money -- or the campaign is saving the attack ads (which they definitely have waiting) until right before IA or NH votes. Don't want to attack too early, it's all about timing.

We'll see.

I agree timing is everything. Hit him where it hurts before he has chance to respond and before voters forgive him and vote for him anyway. Ron knows what he is doing. He has won 12 congressional contests, and has the experience of two presidential runs under his belt.

moderate libertarian
12-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Mr Progressive :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMcjJEXt9To

He is progressive fo sure.. and an opportunist flip flopper.