PDA

View Full Version : Government Reform: What is Ron Pauls stance on Campaign Finance Reform?

Constitutional Paulicy
12-21-2011, 02:16 PM
I searched the forums and couldn't find what I was looking for. Could someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks. :)

gls
12-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Well, it probably depends what exactly you mean by "campaign finance reform", but most likely he would be against it considering it is usually used as both (1) a means of protecting incumbents from challengers, and (2) a means to restrict First Amendment rights.

CaptUSA
12-21-2011, 02:23 PM
The financing of campaigns does not need "reforming". The laws need to be wiped off the books.

If you restrict the government to only the enumerated powers, politicians wouldn't have anything to sell. The money in politics would go away. Too much money in politics? You want to fix the disease, not the symptom.

Constitutional Paulicy
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Well, I'm not happy with politicians primarily if not exclusively supporting the interests of major contributors. Corporations are often wanting legislation passed that is not in the best interest of the vast majority of Americans. It's become such a corrupt practice. I would like to see an entirely different system of campaign finance.