PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Use of the Internet

tennman
12-21-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm an Internet marketing professional and I'm stepping out of the corporate world (though I'm not anti-corporation) in doing this to hlp Ron Paul.

The Internet obviously provides us with huge opportunities. But if Paul's supporters are spread thin and not focused, we won't be able to utilize it.

Right now, in my opinion, we should be concentrated on the following strategies:

1. Posting and being involved on Iowa message forums (and New Hampshire). Just do a Google search with the name of a city and then Iowa message forum (I.E. "Sioux Falls Iowa message forum"). And be sure to do other cities and towns. See if there are political discussions and get involved. Start new posts. Be polite and promote Ron Paul without spamming. Use videos. Do this for other states as the election moves.

2. Check Facebook for friends you have who are from Iowa. Start a conversation with them aou the election. If they are undecided, tell them why you support Ron Paul. If they support a candidate already, start first with the issues and move to why Paul is the only pure constitutionalist.

3. Tweet (that means post on Twitter) every new ad from the Paul campaign, polls showing him doing well, articles explaining his positions, etc. Don't let a day go by without a tweet from you putting Paul in front of your followers. Use those tweet and like buttons on websites!

4. Have a blog or website? Post videos and write NONobnoxious, intelligent and calm articles highlighting Ron Paul and issues that show how much we need him. Want motivation and subject matter? Watch the news.

5. Make blog comments on political blogs. Again, be polite and intelligent. As with all of this, read over your posts for typos and to make sure you're clear.

If we all do these 5 things we'll REALLY be helping and our efforts will compound and reach critical mass.

I'm available for questions (LOL, that sounds arrogant, but I only want to help).

TexMac
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
We pretty much do all that stuff 24/7.

tennman
12-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Well that's great. I just want to help and figured some folks might not had thought of one of those angles - like the posting in Iowa forums. I'm pretty sure a lot of people hadn't thought of that one. And some people might forget one or two, so it's nice to have a list to refer back to.

I think it'd be helpful if others posted some of the places online where good discussion was going on and where they have had luck with open minded people who would consider voting for Congressman Paul.

So what places need Ron Paul supporters to promote the cause?

Veteran Citizen
01-01-2012, 09:02 AM
What do you do about the others that display horrible manners on political forums. Some of our more emotional brothers are showing their ass and turning many away from Ron Paul. On one forum I am on, there are so many, and a complete absence of Democrat supporters, that I think that the jerks are all democrats pretending to support Doctor Paul. They'll say one or two good things about paul, then go 100% into name calling and getting threads closed. I've sent PM's, and been ignored by them, so they must be plants.

tennman
01-01-2012, 11:00 AM
It's possible they're plants. But I think a lot of Democrats don't give RP a chance. The best thing you can do is to continue messaging them to tell them they're hurting Paul by behaving and bing a good example yourself. I've found that on forums one of the best things to do is post videos because peopl can type stuff they make up but for visitors to see videos of some speaking, especially RP is impactful and impossible to argue with in terms of the record. Plus, it adds page views to the video which will make it come up higher in YouTube ad Google searches.

Slobodan
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
I agree I'm also going to start a weekly webinar to promote the RP liberty principles then post the recording on my Youtube Chanel.