PDA

View Full Version : Family wins battle against USDA; won’t pay 4 Million in fines for backyard bunnies.

Kawlija
12-21-2011, 09:40 AM
http://eli-bruton.blogspot.com/2011/12/family-wins-battle-against-usda-wont.html

Folks, please share this with everyone you know who says there is no use in fighting tyranny. A true win for the good guys.

John and Judy Dollarhite, a couple from Nixa, MO faced an unthinkable attack from the USDA, when in 2009 they got a surprise visit to their home from an inspector from the federal government. The Dollarhite family was even more shocked when they were informed by an investigator from the USDA that they were in violation of a guideline and would face fines of close to 4 million dollars. The agents cited the fact that the couple had sold more than $500 worth of rabbits without obtaining a USDA permit, and could face a $10,000 fine per bunny. The USDA never disputed the fact that the rabbits were completely healthy, well cared for and had more than adequate living conditions.

Thankfully, the former owners of the Dollarvalue Rabbitry, a venture which stemmed from their teenage son’s school project, are finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. ....continued at link....

http://eli-bruton.blogspot.com/2011/12/family-wins-battle-against-usda-wont.html

oyarde
12-21-2011, 11:13 AM
The USDA must be abolished .

damiengwa
12-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Did you see the one where they rolled into a mom & pop grocery store with guns drawn to serve them with nothing more than a violation? A BS violation, but even if it were legit, a violation is almost civil, less than even a misdemeanor.

hazek
12-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Nice.

flightlesskiwi
12-21-2011, 11:32 AM
The USDA must be abolished .

agreed.

this is good news. however, it makes me sad that the people from the USDA we not ridden out of town on a rail by limited-government constitutionalists. rather, this family had to sign some sort of "settlement" with the USDA.

i wish the people would use the momentum from this and go on the attack. but i understand how flipping difficult and time-consuming it is to just get one small victory because the system is so stacked against us-- i've experienced it first hand. :(

Chester Copperpot
12-21-2011, 11:41 AM
nice to see us winning one every now and then

Athan
12-21-2011, 01:31 PM
...why is this not national news?