PDA

View Full Version : At least in Austin...

austinphish
06-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Ron Paul is known. I just got done Ron Paulisizing for the "Keep Austin Weird" Festival. This is the second major event I have gone to in Austin, and again the only political signs out were Ron Paul. More importantly, there are lots of people who will come up to you and say, "I have heard about this Ron Paul guy, why is everyone talking about him." There are also lots of people who will yell "Hell - yeah Ron Paul!" or something of that manner.

Everyone should experience how empowering it is to tell them about Ron Paul. My trick in Austin, as it has a mix of liberals and conservatives, is to gauge if the person I am talking to is a Dem or Pub. Then I just lead the conversation in the appropriate direction. Remember, Ron Paul is really the only true peace candidate.

What I find funny is that I enjoy talking to the Democrats more than Pubs, and I consider myself conservative in a libertarian way. My how the grand old party has fallen.

Spirit of '76
06-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Hey, good work! Keep spreading the word.

I've been proselytizing family members today. :D

austinphish
06-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey, good work! Keep spreading the word.

I've been proselytizing family members today. :D

Excellent. Everyone do their own thing, as long as you are talking to somebody about Ron Paul.

Also, I am in a unique situation in Austin where there are generally a ton of people gathering up all the time all over the place, so it makes hitting the street easy!

angrydragon
06-16-2007, 10:53 PM
My college buddy, who I sent videos of Ron before, just asked me about the polls and why Ron isn't listed. Before, I gave him my reason, he said "damn bitches," haha. So I asked him if he was getting into Paul, he said that he likes how he is and his message. He was going to vote democrat. So things are looking good.

LibertyEagle
06-16-2007, 11:52 PM
"My how the grand old party has fallen."

NO KIDDING!!! It sure has.