PDA

View Full Version : Potential Big Donor: Videos/Articles to Convince He's Electable?

mport1
12-21-2011, 12:28 AM
One of my best friends just sent me an email saying he loves Ron Paul, but thinks he is unelectable (especially for the Republican nomination) and linked to this article (http://www.tnr.com/article/the-permanent-campaign/98711/ron-paul-gop-mainstream). What is the best video/article to combat this? I know of a bunch of things out there, but I want to know what has been most effective for you guys.

If you need extra incentive to help out, my friend is a multi-millionaire and says he will contribute to every money bomb from now on if he can be convinced he has a chance and isn't throwing his money away :)

Epic
12-21-2011, 01:13 AM
Just show him the latest Iowa polls that have him leading.

Show him the NH polls which have him surging into 2nd.

If necessary, show him intrade, where's he's about 10%.

singe22
12-21-2011, 01:13 AM
My approach to people that are new to Ron Paul is first i ask them what they think the Role of government should be. Then i ask them why did our forefathers rebel against king george. And then if possible i show them a few videos of Ron Paul.

The hard people to convince are the ones who are dependant on goverment aid for their well being, minus true social security retiree's.

jacmicwag
12-21-2011, 01:15 AM
One of my best friends just sent me an email saying he loves Ron Paul, but thinks he is unelectable (especially for the Republican nomination) and linked to this article (http://www.tnr.com/article/the-permanent-campaign/98711/ron-paul-gop-mainstream). What is the best video/article to combat this? I know of a bunch of things out there, but I want to know what has been most effective for you guys.

If you need extra incentive to help out, my friend is a multi-millionaire and says he will contribute to every money bomb from now on if he can be convinced he has a chance and isn't throwing his money away :)

Billionares only please. :)

CableNewsJunkie
12-21-2011, 01:25 AM
How many times must we go over this?

Most Ron Paul voters will not vote for the GOP nominee if it isn't Paul - hence, Paul has the best chance by default, assuming the rest of the Republican base sticks to historical protocol and lines up behind the nominee (Paul)...granted, there are efforts currently underway by the establishment to derail this logic...it remains to be seen how successful they will be in convincing the dittoheads and the hannitized to vote for Obama or Trump or Americans Elect over Paul.

RickyJ
12-21-2011, 01:31 AM
He can only give up to the limit, a little over 2 grand legally. But hey, if he thinks he is unelectable he can't be that bright, Ron Paul is the most electable candidate running! There is a video around here you can show him, if that doesn't convince him, nothing will.

Here is the video, tell him to watch it and then see if he still thinks Ron Paul is unelectable. I highly doubt he will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ohKz9OeiI0g

jasonxe
12-21-2011, 01:34 AM
iowa results, 2nd in nh. Iowa boosting NH for Paul vs Rom, CNN General Election poll.

RickyJ
12-21-2011, 01:34 AM
Billionares only please. :)

I think we need trillionaires this election cycle, inflation has gone through the roof. A billionaire will not do anymore, and millionaires these days are close to being homeless in a few years. :)

ronpaulitician
12-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Show him how he beats Obama by 10 points among independents.

Show him how massively Paul beats the other GOP candidates among voters 44 and younger in Iowa (Gazette poll).

And tell him that this may be his last chance to participate in the money bombs. I don't think we'll need them in 2016 for Paul's re-election campaign.

crh88
12-21-2011, 01:49 AM
You could also mention the Blue Republican movement and his support from Democrats.

mport1
12-21-2011, 02:00 AM
So he is already on board with Ron (saying he "loves the guy") and knows he is surging in Iowa and gaining in other states.

His main concern is just that throughout the entire nomination process, he will not be able to overcome the disagreement many Republicans have with him on foreign policy and other issues. He is looking at his odds to win the whole things, still a ways to go now nationally and at 8% on Intrade.

This is my lengthy reply I sent back to start a conversation going.

Do I think it is highly probable he will get elected, no, but I do think he has a decent shot for a few reasons I'll list quickly in a second.

However, I'd say that it is not a waste of money even if he doesn't have a chance. I donated probably $1k last campaign and maybe $1.5k so far this go around not expecting him to have a shot at all. The important thing is that it will help build the groundwork for future generations (possibly the very much more electable and likable Rand Paul in 2016). Obama has been the worst President in history, Romney wouldn't be much better, and Newt would be even worse in my opinion. We need to at least try to stop those guys. At the very least, spreading RP's message of limited government is worthwhile. In just a few short years, he has greatly expanded the number of people that understand and embrace those ideas. The future looks much brighter because of it. A new Iowa poll shows him at 60% among people under 30 - http://iowacaucus.com/2011/12/21/ron-paul-new-frontrunner-in-remarkably-fluid-iowa-caucus-race-isugazettekcrg-poll/ If we can spread these ideas among the younger generation, I think we have a much brighter future ahead of us. He is the only one that gets how to get this country on the right track and has been a consistent and heroic defender of liberty for decades. The least we can do is give the guy some money and effort to promote the campaign so he does have a shot. There are a ton of forces in the MSM and the establishment working against him. His supporters is all he has.

As to why I think he is electable, first, he has been surging in the polls recently in key states and nationally. Pundits have been saying for months that RP has a "ceiling" of support, yet this ceiling keeps moving higher and higher. He is now the front runner in Iowa http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_primary-1588.html (and a poll just came out tonight putting him at 28%). Also, RP showed last time that his totals in Iowa come in significantly higher than polling because he has the most dedicated support. I think this will be even more crucial this time around. People don't like Mitt and have been frantically jumping from candidate to candidate to avoid him. Newt is crashing and burning. RP is really the only one left. As of now RP is 43% to win Iowa on Intrade vs. Mitt's 33%.

He is steadily gaining in NH - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_presidential_primary-1581.html and has a strong ground game there.

Though his strategy is to do well in early states to build momentum, he is also gaining in national polls - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

While many Republicans disagree with his foreign policy, quite a few are sick and tired of these pointless and expensive wars. Also, as these results from the latest Iowa poll show, national security is not an important issue compared to the economy and government spending (areas where most conservatives would agree with RP and not trust Mitt/Newt because of their liberal history). A lot of people are not happy with the other big government candidates and I think could hold their nose on the FP issue to elect the only other person who is actually a fiscal conservative.

Which of the following things is most important to you when deciding how to vote: jobs and the economy, government spending and reducing the debt, taxes, social issues like gay marriage and abortion, illegal immigration, or foreign policy and national security?

Jobs/economy 30%
Government spending, reducing the debt 37%
Taxes 3%
.................................................. ............
Social issues 11%
.................................................. .
Illegal immigration 3%
Foreign policy/national security 5%
Something else 3%
Not sure 9%

He just raised another $4.3 million in a money bomb and is immediately putting that money to work in the key states. The campaign knows foreign policy is a sticking point for some people, so they will likely use ads to clarify his strong position on national defense and willingness to fight a war if it is actually in our security interest. There is the fact that he gets more donations from active duty military than all other GOP candidates combined that they will likely bring up and the fact that he actually served. He could also put out some scathing attack ads on Romney. His incredible ad on Newt that blanketed Iowa is likely one major reason for his swift downfall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CWKTOCP45zY

There has been a growing movement of Blue Republicans (Democrats who will switch parties to vote for RP at least in the primaries). People are fed up with Obama and/or scared of the other Republicans and will come out to vote for RP in the primaries (many of which are open primaries). These polls are talking to likely Republican voters and thus understating Paul's support. He will get a lot of Independents and Democrats voting for him in the primaries.

What Republicans want most is somebody who can beat Obama. Polls have shown that RP is either the best or close to it in a head to head match against Obama. I think RP would demolish Obama if he was just able to secure the GOP nomination. Paul will not only get the vast majority of the Republican vote, but he also polls very well with Independents and Democrats. Many of these people are sick of Obama and his broken promises on war and civil liberties and would vote for RP because of his strong stances on those issues. Mitt or Newt will have a much harder time against Obama. Their records on medical care, the bailouts, etc. are a mirror image of Obama and it will be hard for them to win trying to fight Obama on his record.

Lastly, I think this article brings up some good points on why he just may have a chance - http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/269633/20111219/ron-paul-2012-place-iowa-ppp-poll.htm

dbill27
12-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Am I really the first poster to say REVOLUTIONPAC!!!!!

mport1
12-21-2011, 02:05 AM

That is definitely what I will suggest to him once I can convince him to get behind him financially and max out to the campaign.

Article V
12-21-2011, 02:16 AM

THIS: http://www.facebook.com/PaulorNothing2012

Sullivan*
12-21-2011, 02:17 AM
He can only give up to the limit, a little over 2 grand legally. But hey, if he thinks he is unelectable he can't be that bright, Ron Paul is the most electable candidate running! There is a video around here you can show him, if that doesn't convince him, nothing will.

Here is the video, tell him to watch it and then see if he still thinks Ron Paul is unelectable. I highly doubt he will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ohKz9OeiI0g
I thought you could contribute unlimited amounts of money to politcal PACs this cycle? i.e. RevPAC

mport1
12-21-2011, 08:24 AM
I thought you could contribute unlimited amounts of money to politcal PACs this cycle? i.e. RevPAC

That was my understanding.

cucucachu0000
12-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Show him this site and daily paul infact sign him up and tell him to go on the sites. Show all the polls where he's winning indys, and dems. And all the polls showing him rise in iowa and nh. Lastley mention that spending the money to for paul is also for his ideas, every dollar donated to one part or another for this cause changes the minds of americans and puts this country closer to being restored. There will be more liberty candidates for congresss, senate state reps and ........... presidents ;)

InTradePro
12-21-2011, 09:10 AM
^this

Maximium to campaign is $2,500, so will soon hit that. Then use PAC's. REVOLUTIONPAC being the best known.

mport1
12-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Update: I convinced him. He will be donating to the EOQ push :)

Paulitics 2011
12-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Update: I convinced him. He will be donating to the EOQ push :)

So happy!

+rep