PDA

View Full Version : GOP has NO CHOICE but nominate Paul now, here is why

GeorgiaAvenger
12-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Today Gary Johnson announced he is running as a Libertarian in the general election. PPP already has him getting 9% of the national vote, which is no surprise considering he is consider RP-lite among independents.

Buddy Roemer is seeking the Americans Elect nomination. In all honesty, he will get it because nobody is opposing him. Americans Elect is going to spend 10 million+ dollars and has ballot access in 50 states.

I predict that duo will garner at least 15% in an Obama-Newt matchup. But probably less than 15% in an Obama-Romney matchup, though still probably at least 10%.

In other words, the GOP is screwed. Obama will get reelected.

Unless.......Ron Paul is the nominee. Gary Johnson, and likely Buddy Roemer would line up behind Ron Paul, bringing their votes with him instead of away from him. Paul would defeat Obama handily.

This is why the GOP must nominate Paul, in order to avert a Perot-esque disaster.

Thoughts?

ZanZibar
12-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Makes sense. But I don't see anywhere GJ getting 9%?

GeorgiaAvenger
12-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Makes sense. But I don't see anywhere GJ getting 9%?
Latest PPP poll. I believe it is posted in a recent thread.

TER
12-20-2011, 10:58 PM
you are assuming, of course, that the GOP establishment would rather have Ron Paul than Obama. I question that assumption.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-20-2011, 11:00 PM
For those interested, this is what Buddy Roemer thinks about Ron Paul.

Excerpt from a recent interview: http://subscriptorium.com/594/2samples/1pakman

David: Would you run alongside Ron Paul? If asked, would you be Ron Paul’s running mate? That’s a question I’m getting from a lot of Ron Paul supporters.

Roemer: Yeah, I like Ron Paul, I like him a lot. I’m different of him on many key issues. I think there is a role for government; he would eliminate it. I think health reform needs to happen. I think we need fair trade with foreign countries. It’s unfair now.

But I like Ron Paul’s character. I like his issue with the central bank. We ought to do away with Humphrey-Hawkins and keep it on one issue of currency. I told Ron that I would, if elected president, have an immediate audit of the Federal Reserve. He loved it. He started using it in his speeches. Ron and I served in Congress together 30 years ago. We’re close. We don’t see eye-to-eye on everything, but the two of us would make one hell of a change in America.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

On Jesse Ventura:

David: What about Jesse Ventura? Would you run with Jesse Ventura?

Roemer: Say it again?

David: Jesse Ventura, would you run with Jesse Ventura, former Minnesota governor, third-party guy?

Roemer: I don’t know enough about him. And notice I have not tried to name names.

David: Right.

Roemer: You mentioned Ron Paul. I do know Ron, and I would welcome an alliance there. But let me go further.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-20-2011, 11:01 PM
you are assuming, of course, that the GOP establishment would rather have Ron Paul than Obama. I question that assumption.That is my assumption.

ctb619
12-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Regardless of the Republican nominee, I will be shocked if Gary Johnson and Buddy Roemer combine to garner anywhere near 15% of the popular vote.

TER
12-20-2011, 11:05 PM
That is my assumption.

I figured it was. I merely question it.

puppetmaster
12-20-2011, 11:11 PM
All the GOP or any government group cares about is getting a big government shill in. They will use Americans elect to counter a paul win.

kylejack
12-20-2011, 11:15 PM
You're not considering that sometimes people vote for who they support because they really believe in them. Would I vote for another Republican candidate if the tables were reversed? No, because I am a firm Paul supporter.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-20-2011, 11:20 PM
I think I am beginning to like Buddy Roemer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wzwdl8UVRM&feature=player_embedded

GeorgiaAvenger
12-20-2011, 11:23 PM
You're not considering that sometimes people vote for who they support because they really believe in them. Would I vote for another Republican candidate if the tables were reversed? No, because I am a firm Paul supporter.

I see your point, but as we see with the poll fluctuations, that has not been the case with the majority of voters.

I will have no problem sharing this "crisis scenario" with other Republicans because I truly believe it can and will happen if Paul is not nominated.

GuerrillaXXI
12-20-2011, 11:39 PM
you are assuming, of course, that the GOP establishment would rather have Ron Paul than Obama. I question that assumption.I question it as well. One reason is that if Paul becomes the nominee and wins, it will tend to discredit the neocon agenda pushed by the other GOP candidates. That could undo all the work the Zionist warmongers (neocons) did over the years to transform the Republican Party into what amounts to the "War for Israel Party."

For those interested in a thorough, detailed, and well-documented look at the origins and history of neoconservatism, including the key figures and organizations behind it, I can't recommend the following essay strongly enough. Note that in spite of its title, the author is not claiming that all (or even most) Jews are neoconservatives. The point is that neoconservatism is essentially a "Jewish supremacist" movement that began as an effort to infiltrate the GOP and hijack its traditional emphasis on "strong national defense" in order to produce a party that would advocate for American belligerence against Israel's Muslim neighbors.

http://www.kevinmacdonald.net/UnderstandJI-3.htm

Getting back to the original point: Even if the GOP establishment would rather have Obama win than Paul, I don't think the typical GOP voter would prefer that. What this means in terms of final results remains to be seen, of course.

Fredom101
12-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Today Gary Johnson announced he is running as a Libertarian in the general election. PPP already has him getting 9% of the national vote, which is no surprise considering he is consider RP-lite among independents.

Buddy Roemer is seeking the Americans Elect nomination. In all honesty, he will get it because nobody is opposing him. Americans Elect is going to spend 10 million+ dollars and has ballot access in 50 states.

I predict that duo will garner at least 15% in an Obama-Newt matchup. But probably less than 15% in an Obama-Romney matchup, though still probably at least 10%.

Unless.......Ron Paul is the nominee. Gary Johnson, and likely Buddy Roemer would line up behind Ron Paul, bringing their votes with him instead of away from him. Paul would defeat Obama handily.

This is why the GOP must nominate Paul, in order to avert a Perot-esque disaster.

Thoughts?

Agreed. The GOP is screwed without Paul. If Romney dropped out, no big deal. Romney doesn't stand for anything unique so his support would just go to the next flavor of the month Republican. But Paul supporters? Not a chance they would support any old Republican in droves.

Winning.

cindy25
12-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Trump could also run, maybe with Palin as VP

affa
12-21-2011, 12:53 AM
Trump could also run, maybe with Palin as VP

Jon Stewart would pop open the champagne and start celebrating his good luck.

cindy25
12-21-2011, 01:01 AM
I think they would rather lose than have a President Paul.

ronpaulitician
12-21-2011, 01:04 AM
How to beat Obama:
[show data of young voters, liberal voters, independent voters, going out of their way to vote for Paul]

Some of these poll cross tabs are simply amazing. That Gazette poll has more than HALF of voters ager 44 and younger support Paul in Iowa.

Feeding the Abscess
12-21-2011, 01:18 AM
I told Ron that I would, if elected president, have an immediate audit of the Federal Reserve. He loved it. He started using it in his speeches.

Buddy trying to take credit for Ron's position on the Fed? lol?

RCA
12-21-2011, 02:15 AM
Why do we keep talking like the GOP and the DNC are different groups with different purposes? They both want THE EXACT SAME THING: MORE POWER FOR THEM, LESS FREEDOM FOR US. This comic book "matchup" talk is rather nauseating.

affa
12-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Buddy trying to take credit for Ron's position on the Fed? lol?

yea, i noticed that. though in the video in this thread Buddy makes a similar joke, then backtracks and gives credit to RP for the idea, then says RP doesn't take it far enough. So i think it's a joke?

speciallyblend
12-21-2011, 02:09 PM

Thoughts?

bottom line, very true . The gop has to nominate Ron Paul. If they don't they lose alot of republicans(ron paul supporters) and independent 3rd party votes. No One But Paul. You could even have a few 3rd party candidates pledge their support to Ron Paul if he is the gop nominee! This would put the gop establishment in a big pinch and make for some good media that would benefit ron paul!

GeorgiaAvenger
12-28-2011, 04:52 PM
bump

Seraphim
12-28-2011, 05:05 PM
This.

The puppet masters of the GOP would rather have Obama than RP.

you are assuming, of course, that the GOP establishment would rather have Ron Paul than Obama. I question that assumption.

airborne373
12-28-2011, 05:08 PM
You are operating on the assumption that those who steer the National GOP want to beat Obama. It is my opinion they do not.

Seraphim
12-28-2011, 05:12 PM
They don't have too and they will not.

The Dem-Repub circle jerk side show is just that.

The high rank GOP members know that their desired tyranny will continue to form under Obama.

bottom line, very true . The gop has to nominate Ron Paul. If they don't they lose alot of republicans(ron paul supporters) and independent 3rd party votes. No One But Paul. You could even have a few 3rd party candidates pledge their support to Ron Paul if he is the gop nominee! This would put the gop establishment in a big pinch and make for some good media that would benefit ron paul!

lib3rtarian
12-28-2011, 05:18 PM
If it's between Paul and Obama, the GOP establishment will secretly support Obama or at least not put their weight behind Paul, because, although they differ with Obama on paper, Obama is not that different from them. They also get to discredit Paul as having lost to Obama, thus forever cementing the belief that Paul was a fringe candidate and unelectable.

Miguel
12-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Buddy Roemer endorsed & stumped for john McCain in the 08' election instead of Ron Paul

sailingaway
12-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Line up or not, if RP is nominee, Gary Johnson would not take anything like 9% away from Ron.