PDA

View Full Version : converting Bill Clinton supporter

TheNewYorker
12-20-2011, 10:10 PM
My fiance thinks Bill Clinton (and Hillary) are the best thing since sliced bread and generally ignores all my Ron Paul rambling during the day. I wish she was involved! Her stance is that she is done with politics. Whenever I mention Ron Paul she rolls her eyes.

How can I convert her? Please help!

RickyJ
12-20-2011, 10:14 PM
It is a good thing you are not married yet. Dump her, don't look back.

qh4dotcom
12-20-2011, 10:18 PM
So if she thinks so highly of Bill Clinton that means being unfaithful to her is no big deal.

schiffheadbaby
12-20-2011, 10:28 PM
http://www.fee.org/pdf/books/The_Law.pdf

Make her read The Law and Economics in One Lesson.

If she reads these works and remains a statist she is immoral and not worthy of your time or care.

TheNewYorker
12-20-2011, 11:13 PM
It is a good thing you are not married yet. Dump her, don't look back.

lol not nice

TheNewYorker
12-20-2011, 11:15 PM
http://www.fee.org/pdf/books/The_Law.pdf

Make her read The Law and Economics in One Lesson.

If she reads these works and remains a statist she is immoral and not worthy of your time or care.

She won't read. She doesn't think politics are worth the time anymore and she doesn't believe there's such a thing as an honest politician like Ron Paul. She likes Bill Clinton because she said he gave us a great economy. Thinks the BJ thing with Bill was no big deal and everyone made a big deal over nothing instead of focusing on the issues. Thinks Ron Paul is like the rest, and probably got BJ's when he was younger too.

I need "sound bites" or quick things I can mention to her to sway her opinion little bits at a time.

gerryb
12-20-2011, 11:28 PM
So if she thinks so highly of Bill Clinton that means being unfaithful to her is no big deal.

Bow chika.

Show her this thread, maybe it will get her to pay attention =P

gerryb
12-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Maybe get her the cookbook? </sexism>

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/miscellaneous/the-2012-ron-paul-family-cookbook/

schiffheadbaby
12-20-2011, 11:43 PM
She won't read. She doesn't think politics are worth the time anymore and she doesn't believe there's such a thing as an honest politician like Ron Paul. She likes Bill Clinton because she said he gave us a great economy. Thinks the BJ thing with Bill was no big deal and everyone made a big deal over nothing instead of focusing on the issues. Thinks Ron Paul is like the rest, and probably got BJ's when he was younger too.

I need "sound bites" or quick things I can mention to her to sway her opinion little bits at a time.

Bro if she won't read I'm at a loss.

I need a girl with some intellectual juice.

You must explain to her that the gov has no resources of its own and so by "giving" something to someone it is necessarily taking from another. Morally wrong and bad economics.

Bill clinton benefited from

1) baby boomers in prime working years with little liabilities
2) technological advances
3) Greenspan bubble that caused hell but made for a fun party for a while.

but I bet she doesn't understand how the fed creates bubbles.

get her to read and learn, otherwise it's going to be tough.

How do I teach my little brother to play like Tiger Woods when he doesn't even like golf?

GeorgiaAvenger
12-20-2011, 11:45 PM
youtube "bill clinton brainwashed"

schiffheadbaby
12-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Tell your gf the real reason the economy was so great in the 90's was bc NEWT was speaker of the house and he is a stud.

Kidding.

crh88
12-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Maybe you just need to emphasize how important these issues are to YOU and how if she cared about YOU she would take the time to understand why you care about it. If you can't even get her to be interested in something you're passionate about you may need to rethink the relationship. This whole "done with politics" attitude that so many people have is what's allowing these corrupt bureaucrats to steal our freedom.

schiffheadbaby
12-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Maybe you just need to emphasize how important these issues are to YOU and how if she cared about YOU she would take the time to understand why you care about it. If you can't even get her to be interested in something you're passionate about you may need to rethink the relationship. This whole "done with politics" attitude that so many people have is what's allowing these corrupt bureaucrats to steal our freedom.

True brother.

I have zero patience for people who are "too cool" for understanding basic economics but then complain about 4 dollar a gallon gas. They don't hold people's feet to the fire, if they have no interest they have forfeited their right to complain IMO.