PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul campaigns in Exeter, NH with crowd of 300

RDM
12-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Snippet from article:

The longtime Texas congressman also didn't budge from his long-held position on national defense, saying America needs to spend less time in wars overseas and more time focusing on defense within its own borders. He said getting involved in the conflicts of others has caused more problems than it has solved.

“I would like to see the day that we make use of our diplomats,” he said. “We have over 12,000 diplomats, let them go to work and perform some foreign policy once in a while.”

Some political pundits have called Paul an “isolationist” for his views on foreign policy, and he addressed that criticism Tuesday night.

“Isolation is a lot different than what I'm talking about. An isolationist is generally someone who wants to build a barrier around a country: They don't want to travel, they don't want to trade, they don't want to have any interaction with other nations,” Paul said. “The people that call me an isolationist are the very first ones that want tough sanctions to punish (foreign countries). I'm the one who wants to trade with Cuba; it's about time we forgot about Castro and started trading with Cuba.”

Paul drew loud applause for his stand on Cuba.

Read more here: http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20111220-NEWS-111229956

Epic
12-20-2011, 08:54 PM
According to a recent CNN poll, Paul took over the lead in Iowa with 23 percent of the voters' support, an increase of 5 percentage points over the past few weeks.

Is that a typo? Did they mean PPP or is there really a CNN Iowa poll out?

According to the new CNN survey, Paul is in third place in New Hampshire at 14 percent, trailing front-runner Mitt Romney and the surging Newt Gingrich.

Again, not aware of any new CNN NH survey. And since when is Newt surging?

FSP-Rebel
12-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Sailing already posted this but, yeah, it's a decent article. The seacoast is my favorite area of NH. Hampton beach is something else.