PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelming support, and an opposition that just doesn't care.

Cshelton21
12-20-2011, 04:52 PM
So I conducted my own little sign waving In the nearby town of Deland Florida. for about 5 hours I waved sign's and handed out the Large Restore America Now cards and pamphlets at the busiest intersection In town. In doing so I met 3 people who owned more than one of the business on our main street all of them offered me cash, a place to hold meetings, and a great deal of gratitude for what I was doing.

But here is what's odd: I started polling the different people I contacted on the street. And I basically got one of three responses.

1. Ron Paul 2012!!!!
2. I'm not voting for any of them, they're all corrupt. when I heard this I asked "Do you know who Ron Paul is" the reply was overwhelming no in this case.
3. I'm Voting for "Insert name here" usually someone not even in the GOP field, but about 1 in ten of the people who knew who they we're voting for said Obama, with a few Mitt / Cain and even one or two Gingrich supporters.

The thing I just don't understand is how the other candidates exist with such little grassroots life support in a town that should be bursting with Gingrich and Romney supporters according to the MSM? The whole Primary is coming down to almost two different set's of people. those who are asleep, offline, and uncaring, and those who who just had a shot of liberty strait into the cerebral cortex.

I have Never EVER seen a single person chant the name of a candidate unless they are standing within a thousand feet of them and have at least a dozen camera's hovering above, and even then... It's only limited to Obama.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p303/varia9/IMAG1800.jpg

sofia
12-20-2011, 04:55 PM
That is great work! ...I salute you!

odamn
12-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Fantastic Effort !
+ rep for sure ...

Lord Xar
12-20-2011, 05:01 PM
wow dude!!! awesome awesome dedication!! please keep it up!

InTradePro
+Reputation for a new member doing a 'little sign waving'

PastaRocket848
you did that in deland? i wish i couldve seen that! i drive through there rather often.

Chrysamere
12-20-2011, 05:03 PM
You are awesome

redmod79
12-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Awesome stuff. I grew up in Apopka. My family is still in the area, and I plan on moving back to the area in a couple years. During college I had a friend who went to Stetson, so I spent some time there. How is it there these days?

Erazmus
12-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Very nice! How is it you weren't on RonPaulForums before?

PastaRocket848
12-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Awesome stuff. I grew up in Apopka. My family is still in the area, and I plan on moving back to the area in a couple years. During college I had a friend who went to Stetson, so I spent some time there. How is it there these days?

it's pretty nice. the economy is coming back around, slowly. much better here than in the rust belt where i came from. i'm typing this from an office in apopka as we speak... (ok.. a half mile south lol).

seapilot
12-20-2011, 05:09 PM
The thing I just don't understand is how the other candidates exist with such little grassroots life support in a town that should be bursting with Gingrich and Romney supporters according to the MSM?

Excellent post and good job!

That building in the photo behind you is large and real and represents Ron Paul Grassroots. The bright colorful balloons full of Helium gas tied to the table represent the media's candidates like Romney and Gingrich. Hope that clears it up!

TwoJ
12-20-2011, 05:12 PM
+rep

Awesome!!

gerryb
12-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Get a phone bank and staging area set up in one of those offices!

Are you creating a list of supporters? Name/phone/email at least -- to turn them out for phone banking, canvassing, lit drop, tabling etc.

Sola_Fide
12-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Cool! I have family in Apopka.

Muttley
12-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Nice work sir!

Cshelton21
12-20-2011, 05:20 PM

It's great. as long as you have a job. It's getting better. I gave quite a few homeless people cookies who wondered the area while I was around.

Very nice! How is it you weren't on RonPaulForums before? I've looked at the forums for quite some time, just never posted. I'm hoping to rally Central Florida / Volusia county to a RP win. the campaign doesn't have the resources to fend off Gingrich here as is, but if we pull off an upset in this area at the same time Paul rally's in Iowa and NH we may be able to have an chance. That is pending we can unite the RP factions of central Florida and the Campaign can do some damage down south.

it's pretty nice. the economy is coming back around, slowly. much better here than in the rust belt where i came from. i'm typing this from an office in apopka as we speak... (ok.. a half mile south lol).

I own my own lawn care company. I had more than 20 lawns to cut in Apopka today. I absolutely love that city.

WilliamC
12-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Welcome and a big + rep!

Cshelton21
12-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Get a phone bank and staging area set up in one of those offices!

Are you creating a list of supporters? Name/phone/email at least -- to turn them out for phone banking, canvassing, lit drop, tabling etc.

That's my next move, I had an owner of a comedy club offer me his building's as soon as I can get things in order we'll start doing that. We're can I research these things? I'm inexperienced in them.

Eric21ND
12-20-2011, 08:50 PM
What an awesome new member! :)

bunklocoempire
12-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Thank you!! And welcome! :)

Veritas Vos Liberabit
12-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Hey, I go to school in Daytona. When I get back from winter break we'll have to meet up and organize something. I know a whole bunch of people that would be down for sign waving and handing things out.

Cshelton21
12-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey, I go to school in Daytona. When I get back from winter break we'll have to meet up and organize something. I know a whole bunch of people that would be down for sign waving and handing things out.

That would be amazing! What's the best way to find the rest of our support? maybe a meetup group?

lib3rtarian
12-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Great job, mate!

neverseen
12-20-2011, 09:43 PM
It's great. as long as you have a job. It's getting better. I gave quite a few homeless people cookies who wondered the area while I was around.

I've looked at the forums for quite some time, just never posted. I'm hoping to rally Central Florida / Volusia county to a RP win. the campaign doesn't have the resources to fend off Gingrich here as is, but if we pull off an upset in this area at the same time Paul rally's in Iowa and NH we may be able to have an chance. That is pending we can unite the RP factions of central Florida and the Campaign can do some damage down south.

I own my own lawn care company. I had more than 20 lawns to cut in Apopka today. I absolutely love that city.

Hey, i sent you a message. I'm not too familiar with central FL but we do have a massive group there. I'm not sure how many are in your exact area. I messaged you the contacts to get involved with the group.

mosquitobite
12-20-2011, 09:44 PM
That would be amazing! What's the best way to find the rest of our support? maybe a meetup group?

I just looked into that same question. Back in 2007/2008 there was a Ron Paul meet up in my area, but there isn't any longer. When I went to set one up it's $12-19 a month. I get that they need to make money to run the site, but dang - is there a free way?

Perhaps we need our own little meet ups in the state areas here.

neverseen
12-20-2011, 09:49 PM
I just looked into that same question. Back in 2007/2008 there was a Ron Paul meet up in my area, but there isn't any longer. When I went to set one up it's $12-19 a month. I get that they need to make money to run the site, but dang - is there a free way?

Perhaps we need our own little meet ups in the state areas here.

438 strong central FL group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/216406565081230/

If you aren't on facebook. make a fake account and get on the central FL pages. We have a large central fl, south fl, and tampa bay group on there.

mosquitobite
12-20-2011, 09:52 PM
sorry I'm up north near Louisville KY.

milo10
12-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Very cool! I studied hypnosis in Deland with Gerald Kein (and even sent him a $100 Trillion Dollar Zimbabwe bill last Xmas!).

The town is a cross-section of Americana, and I think your experiences echoes throughout most of the rest of the United States. In the real world, there is virtually no fervent opposition to Ron Paul. It is a fiction of the mainstream media.

Cshelton21
12-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Most awesome! Anyone know were to get the biggest banner possible? going to hang it from 3 different buildings in Deland.

neverseen
12-20-2011, 10:42 PM
sorry I'm up north near Louisville KY.
oh okay. that was more geared towards Cshelton anywho :p

Are you on this facebook page?
http://www.facebook.com/ronpaulKY

There should be a good network there from Rand's run i'd imagine...

satchelmcqueen
12-20-2011, 10:53 PM
nice work and plus rep!

PursuePeace
12-20-2011, 10:53 PM
+ rep!

What you are doing inspires others to do the same.
Great job!!