PDA

View Full Version : Which slogan? (Yes, another one of these lol)

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Out of the liberty, revolution, brewing slogans which do you like best?

Personally I think they're all good, and it does not make a big difference to me, but I think for promoting purposes Brewing LiberTea December 16th is the best choice for these reasons:

1. It has Brewing in it connecting it to the BTP
2. It has attention grabbing potential more than other things if we spell liberty LiberTea
3. It has the date of the event in the name
4. Its short, meaning easy to put on signs, shirts, etc.
5. Liberty is a softer more appealing word to the general population than revolution so no one will get turned off seeing a promotion for this thinking its something radical, because thats why a lot of people get turned off by the word revolution, they associate it with radical change, and they see no need for radical change. Maybe change, but not dramatic radical change.

Of course things like spelling liberty libertea and adding or not adding december 16th to shorter slogans can be changed, so don't not vote for your favorite slogan because of something like that. In other words, if you want just Brewing Libertea or just Brewing Liberty then go ahead and vote for it, and just post how you think it should be changed like that.

FreeTraveler
11-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Out of the liberty, revolution, brewing slogans which do you like best?

Of course things like spelling liberty libertea and adding or not adding december 16th to shorter slogans can be changed, so don't not vote for your favorite slogan because of something like that. In other words, if you want just Brewing Libertea or just Brewing Liberty then go ahead and vote for it, and just post how you think it should be changed like that.

LiberTea is just too cutesy for my taste, but I guess it has a potential to catch on. It's not like any of the MSM really knows how to spell, anyway. :D

I'm with you 100% on toning down rEVOLution and appealing to more main-streamers though. This doesn't mean the existing Ron Paul rEVOLution banners are a bad idea, or need to go away; we just need to broaden our appeal. I hope we'll see Liberty is Brewing banners right next to Ron Paul rEVOLution banners in the future.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah I agree. I just want the slogan for dec.16th to be something the common voter likes, and the word revolution is not something that appeals to them.

However, the word liberty is something that appeals to everyone, and spelling it libertea will get people's attention really quick I think.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 11:39 AM
bump

Sey.Naci
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Forms of the verb 'to be', such as 'is', make statements more passive, less active. That may be why people prefer "Brewing a R[evol]ution" rather than "A Revolution is Brewing."

enjerth
11-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I really don't like the slogans that use the word "LiberTea".

#1. It's a misspelling that looks rather stupid (IMO).
#2. The Boston Tea Party was about destroying the tea. Don't associate the tea with something we're fighting for.

James R
11-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Justin, I'm glad you made this survey because I'm pretty tired of making them :)

Here is one more alternative:
"The R[evol]ution is Brewing!"

enjerth, the tea wasn't exactly destroyed... when they threw the tea in the Ocean, it surely must have created quite a lot of tea! I'm betting the fishes didn't like it though.

Knightskye
11-08-2007, 12:46 PM
"The/A Revolution is brewing."

I like that one the best. I don't think the date should be the site, though (thisDecember16th.com). I think the site should be RonPaulTeaParty.com, even though that sounds kind of silly.

James R
11-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Justinc, there is another possibility you didn't put down that I just saw in another thread and personally I like:

"Liberty is Brewing"

Personally I thought Libertea is too cheesy to vote for. But, "Liberty is Brewing" is something I might actually like better, depending on whether it is better to maintain the edge of the theme or try to "tone it down for the masses" as the post I was reading put it.

tonyr1988
11-08-2007, 02:17 PM
I don't know, but I think it would be fitting to just have Revolution, not R[evol]ution.

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love the R[evol]ution slogan (I have a shirt with it), but I worry that it may look out of place on some of the materials I've seen, which generally go with the colonial, parchment look.

It's worth a shot though - try it and see if it looks good. Either way, "A Revolution is Brewing" sounds awesome.

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Libertea just looks cheesy to me. The brewing is a subtle message, but the libertea to me just shoves the message right in my face.

I think "Liberty is brewing in America" is the slogan I would want. I believe the "in America" is an important part. Alot of people naturally associate us as having liberty. By putting "in America" you force people to say "Hey, wait a minute, don't we have freedom and liberty?"

Edit to add: Voted Libertea is Brewing since that's the closest to the slogan I like.

tonyr1988
11-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Justinc, there is another possibility you didn't put down that I just saw in another thread and personally I like:

"Liberty is Brewing"

Personally I thought Libertea is too cheesy to vote for. But, "Liberty is Brewing" is something I might actually like better, depending on whether it is better to maintain the edge of the theme or try to "tone it down for the masses" as the post I was reading put it.

I agree - I would love to have either "A Revolution is Brewing" or "Liberty is Brewing"

kevman657
11-08-2007, 03:15 PM
LiberTea is really lame. I don't like any of them personally, the other thread had much better ones. We need to get more organized with these things...(i.e. designate someone to handle and administrate all polls)

Marceline88
11-08-2007, 03:27 PM
LiberTEA is too cheesy, as much as I love Tea and Cheese. Nahhh

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 03:42 PM
My bad for not putting that one, I kept thinking there was one I wasn't remembering. After we get like 10 more votes, maybe 15, or by later tonight like 6 or 7 est., I'm going to put up a new poll with the stronger slogans out of this one. I'm hoping only two but if a couple remain near each other for second I will put them both I guess idk. Or maybe I will just put a / between the two similar slogans on the poll. I mean there is really barely any difference between a couple of these.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 03:43 PM

But it grabs attention, and middle aged to older people will find it funny or cute, not stupid like a lot of us lol. Personally I love revolution instead and find libertea to be kind of stupid also, but it looks great since its not normal and it is excellent promoting because it grabs attention, and speaks to the theme of this.

Edit: I just looked at the poll again, and it seems clear people prefer to have Brewing at the end of the slogan for some reason, and not at the beginning because the slogans with brewing at the start are losing compared to the ones with brewing at the end. Just thought I would point that out to everyone to help give this a little direction.

Beerhall Agitator
11-08-2007, 04:03 PM
LiberTea is brewing by far the best, the others are just too generic

smtwngrl
11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Marceline88 View Post

But it grabs attention, and middle aged to older people will find it funny or cute, not stupid like a lot of us lol.

I'm middle-aged, and I find it stupid, too--not funny or cute. ;)

I like "Liberty is Brewing" too, but no choices in the poll. "Liberty is Brewing in America" might be a possibility, too. :)

Nickel
11-08-2007, 07:34 PM
I don't know, but I think it would be fitting to just have Revolution, not R[evol]ution.

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love the R[evol]ution slogan (I have a shirt with it), but I worry that it may look out of place on some of the materials I've seen, which generally go with the colonial, parchment look.

It's worth a shot though - try it and see if it looks good. Either way, "A Revolution is Brewing" sounds awesome.

I completely agree with this: A Revolution Is Brewing.