PDA

View Full Version : Ed Rollins: "Ron Paul will win Iowa"

KramerDSP
12-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Rollins is on Shepard Smith s show and just said "Ron Paul could win Iowa easily" and "Ron Paul will win Iowa", followed by "A lot of rubbish that was printed in the past that will be brought up today", "Foreign policy is nuts", but "he could basically be a spoiler".

JTforRP
12-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Saw this as well. Cool, but it was the backhanded bullshit that's always tossed out there. "He won't be this party's nominee, but..."

rp08orbust
Hahahahaha, is he still on the Bachwoman payroll?

KingNothing
Was the tone negative? I haven't been able to get a handle on Rollins yet.

sailingaway
12-20-2011, 02:41 PM
It is an expectations game. If he is expected to win, his bump from it is less.

rp08orbust
12-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Was the tone negative? I haven't been able to get a handle on Rollins yet.

The "handle" on Rollins is always sticking out of the back of everyone he works for.

Epic
12-20-2011, 02:42 PM
lol in a week it went from "This is a two-man race between Romney and Newt" to "Well, of course Ron Paul win win, it's Iowa!".

SpiritOf1776_J4

1stAmendguy

Yep, the media is just raising his expectations and also discrediting the caucuses at the same time.

KingNothing
12-20-2011, 02:43 PM
lol in a week it went from "This is a two-man race between Romney and Newt" to "Well, of course Ron Paul win win, it's Iowa!".

"Oh, Iowa! [rolls eyes] Always doing such silly things!"

KingNothing
12-20-2011, 02:44 PM
When we win Iowa, and then storm NH, they won't be able to pull this crap anymore. I can't wait to see what machinations they deploy then. It'll be hilarious to watch them panic.

Aratus
12-20-2011, 02:49 PM
rollins just made it official? iowa is ours to loose???
yet the GOP fatcats assume the nomination is ;)
not our to eventually win? despite how iowa is???

ItsTime
12-20-2011, 02:50 PM
My feel from the ground. If Ron Paul wins Iowa, we win New Hampshire. So many voters are soft and/or undecided. They will vote for him just because he won Iowa. The establishment knows this and this is why they are trying so hard to say Iowa does not count.

specsaregood
12-20-2011, 02:51 PM
The "handle" on Rollins is always sticking out of the back of everyone he works for.

Do you remember all the armchair campaign chairmen here on rpfs saying how Dr. Paul should have hired Rollins, how all hope was lost because we didn't get Rollins, etc, etc.?

da32130
12-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Yep, the media is just raising his expectations and also discrediting the caucuses at the same time.

But by raising expectations => People see Paul as a winner (same as winning Iowa) => national polls start moving up (as is happening)

So the boost from Iowa has already started.

Fredom101
12-20-2011, 02:53 PM
We all knew this was coming (the discounting of Iowa).

Remember when Obama won Iowa in 08? What happened? He gave a big speech and the media went crazy for him. Not 1 pundit claimed "Iowa doesn't matter". Funny.

Fredom101
12-20-2011, 02:55 PM
My feel from the ground. If Ron Paul wins Iowa, we win New Hampshire. So many voters are soft and/or undecided. They will vote for him just because he won Iowa. The establishment knows this and this is why they are trying so hard to say Iowa does not count.

I wonder if you're right. Romney seems to have this large following in NH simply because he was governor in a neighboring state.

1stAmendguy
12-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Shepard Smith just repeated it at the end of his show and called Rollins' prediction "the headline of the day".

Todd
12-20-2011, 02:58 PM

You nailed it

da32130
12-20-2011, 03:00 PM

But as expectations rise it is the same as winning, but we get the NH and national support bump earlier.

Fredom101
12-20-2011, 03:01 PM
But this is really funny! The MSM is losing its grip on controlling elections, and you can see all the tactics coming out- the attacks, bringing up the newsletters, calling RP "crazy" over and over, discounting Iowa, discounting his poll numbers, giving RP a "ceiling"...all attempts at manipulating the public but it's not entirely working like it did in the past and they know it! Long live the internets!

gls
12-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Romney seems to have this large following in NH simply because he was governor in a neighboring state.

It has more to do with him buying off every single GOP politician in the state, no matter how insignificant, with huge checks.

KingRobbStark
12-20-2011, 03:05 PM
His comment is more of a smear than anything.

ItsTime
12-20-2011, 03:05 PM
I wonder if you're right. Romney seems to have this large following in NH simply because he was governor in a neighboring state.

He has other roots here as well. I think he has family in Wolfeboro or something like that.

Paulitics 2011
12-20-2011, 03:28 PM
When we win Iowa, and then storm NH, they won't be able to pull this crap anymore. I can't wait to see what machinations they deploy then. It'll be hilarious to watch them panic.

Oh, those silly US elections. They don't represent the United States of America...we all know it's the corporate lobbyists that should be in charge.

HOLLYWOOD
12-20-2011, 03:58 PM
When we win Iowa, and then storm NH, they won't be able to pull this crap anymore. I can't wait to see what machinations they deploy then. It'll be hilarious to watch them panic.Oh yes they will... We have posted the history of the 1996 Buchanan campaign, and CNN's Jack Cafferty just conformed it.

The Fasco-corporate MSMedia and "The Party" will team up to destroy the Paul Campaign. But this time, the grassroots are prepared and there is Social Media to run countermeasures to the false Signal Jamming of the crony establishment party and media. One fault of the Media and Party... Ron Paul members are seasoned veterans to the censorship/FUD damage slinged by those colluding cronies.

The Free Hornet
12-20-2011, 04:48 PM
But this is really funny! The MSM is losing its grip on controlling elections, and you can see all the tactics coming out-

Also, they mislabel Ron Paul's greatest strength - foreign policy - as his greatest weakness. We need to divert the money spent overseas to balance our budget here at home and shore up our local economies. People get this. The MIC/Fed wishes the people didn't understand this, but they do. The fear mongering will fail.