PDA

View Full Version : Maddow: Ron Paul calls out uncomfortable truth in GOP politics

bobbyw24
12-20-2011, 11:34 AM
MSNBC host Rachel Maddow on Monday night discussed Ron Paul’s rising poll numbers in Iowa, and said his candidacy for president revealed an “uncomfortable truth” about the Republican Party.

“What is most interesting about Ron Paul is the extent to which his domestic stuff, his social-issue libertarianism, his position on things not just like the war in Iraq but the war on drugs, calls out a really uncomfortable truth in Republican politics,” she explained. “Which is that Republicans want their brand to be small, hands off government, but the policies they support are more like big intrusive government. Things like forced, mandatory drug testing by the government and federal regulation of every marriage in the country.”

Watch video, courtesy of MSNBC, below:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/20/maddow-ron-paul-calls-out-uncomfortable-truth-in-gop-politics/

randomname
12-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Maddow HATES Ron Paul and everything he stands for.

She may have kind words for him now once she gets the heads-up to start attacking him, she will be a lot more vicious than O'Reilly or Hannity are now

FA.Hayek
12-20-2011, 11:40 AM
i hate maddow, she's just as unfair as o'reilly or limbaugh when it comes to Ron paul, just pushing her liberal propaganda

muh_roads
12-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Not wanting to go to war and pick on poor countries makes you isolationist? I am so sick of that word.

North Korea is a real example of isolationism. 99% of the world aren't allowed to travel or communicate with anyone there.

Stupid ass media.

Original_Intent
12-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Maddow has kind words, and I am sure it is because her handlers know that the worst thing for Ron Paul is to get vocal support from a liberal, while being held up as the end of the world as we know it by GOP insiders.

Hope you all have your seatbelts securely faastened, and your seats in the upright position.

randomname
12-20-2011, 11:50 AM
just watched this, really a backhanded hitpiece on Ron Paul... How many times did she just say "Iowa does not matter"?

Aratus
12-20-2011, 11:50 AM
her thesis point is quite correct. some seventy to one hundred years ago the GOP was the party of small gov't + small business,
but now the Republican party is big gov't, big pharma, agrabusiness and big money trying to sound like the soul of the historic GOP

All Ways
12-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Hanity is to Maddow as:

Sharpton is to o'Reilly

It's that simple, they use the same techniques for both parties to control the public no matter what letter you group yourself with.

All Ways
12-20-2011, 12:46 PM
P.S. I'm always asking myself who is our controlled opposition?