PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Dole teasing Iowa Gov. Branstad with Romney VP talk

NY-Dano
12-20-2011, 09:48 AM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20111220/OPINION01/312200042/0/news01/?odyssey=nav|head

Gov. Terry Branstad for vice president? Now we know just how much Mitt Romney wants to win Iowa.

Branstad said Monday that former U.S. Sen. Bob Dole called him over the weekend to say he was endorsing Romney.

During the call, the two-time Iowa caucus winner said he’d like to recommend Iowa’s governor for veep.

“I said, ‘I’m not interested,’ ” Branstad said, according to the Register’s Tony Leys. “I was flattered, and said, ‘That’s not something I ever even thought of.’ ”

When someone in politics says they’re not interested in running for a higher office, it means precisely nothing. That goes double when the politician in question is the one who brings up the idea without being asked.

That a high-profile surrogate would dangle the notion probably says more about Romney than Branstad, however. Romney, after saying he’d like to win Iowa, is trying to generate some upward momentum. He’s spent most of the past couple of weeks trying to beat out a Newt Gingrich brush fire, and recent polls suggest Ron Paul is starting to build a head of steam.

more at link

eduardo89
12-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Romney is going to have like 50 VP's!

Bruno
12-20-2011, 10:11 AM
No wonder he wants to dismiss an Iowa win!

mwkaufman
12-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Romney is going to have like 50 VP's!

Romney's going to run the country like a business... and that means a lot of VPs.

gmc1988
12-20-2011, 01:31 PM
For goodness sake, Bob Dole is 88 years old, nearing the end of his life! You would think at that age you could grow a spine for the first time in your life and stop supporting establishment stooges like Mitt Romney. I don't understand it. He has nothing to lose! Ugh

The Free Hornet
12-20-2011, 03:49 PM
For goodness sake, Bob Dole is 88 years old, nearing the end of his life! You would think at that age you could grow a spine for the first time in your life and stop supporting establishment stooges like Mitt Romney. I don't understand it. He has nothing to lose! Ugh

That's just it - he has nothing to lose. It was lost a long time ago.