PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party 07 Website Design Idea

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 10:13 AM
heres an alternative mock site I came up with last night, i was fairly bored. cant say im crazy about the one that was up on teaparty07.com, but hey whatever works. Just let me know I'd be glad to pitch in if there is help needed as far as graphics and web layout goes. Anyone affiliated with the teaparty07.com site just PM me if you like or want to use this design. I've got it in html format, the counter and form are really the only thing that I cant do. Suggestions welcomed :)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/mfoley2/teacopy-1.jpg

adpierce
11-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Do it! That's really well done.

yongrel
11-08-2007, 10:16 AM
shiny

DrNoZone
11-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Hell yeah! That's really nice.

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 10:24 AM
thanks! anyone know who I should get in touch with?

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Beautiful!!

American
11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
That looks good, but there is no pledge amount field as it says. I think the poster of the other teaparty07 thread owns the site, but thats a guess.

ClayTrainor
11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Great man... looks amazing, definitely do it. We need a site with email input to promote asap.

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 10:38 AM
That looks good, but there is no pledge amount field as it says. I think the poster of the other teaparty07 thread owns the site, but thats a guess.

cool....:cool:

yeah, i pulled the text from the temp site thats up there now, i was just in a hurry to get something up for people to gander at. It can be added fairly easily. I'll see if i can get in touch with him...

ConstitutionGal
11-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I think it needs to have something on there about all donations going straight to the official campaign site.

As a web designer myself I would like to tell you that it looks AWESOME!

maxmerkel
11-08-2007, 10:47 AM
really good looking !

but to not raise expectations too much, and to limit the amount of psychological damage some trolls from other campaigns are sure up to, i suggest the following "amount" structure for pledges (not a text box for you amount, but a bulett list):

* $50
* $100
* more than $150

in that way we ought to be on the sure side and and prevent exaggerated expectations due to heavy trolling.

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I think it needs to have something on there about all donations going straight to the official campaign site.

As a web designer myself I would like to tell you that it looks AWESOME!

Thanks Gal!;)

I'm in the process of getting a hold of SwordOfShannarah, I believe hes the one setting it up offically. If he approves it then we can put those finishing touches on it.

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 11:02 AM
really good looking !

but to not raise expectations too much, and to limit the amount of psychological damage some trolls from other campaigns are sure up to, i suggest the following "amount" structure for pledges (not a text box for you amount, but a bulett list):

* $50
* $100
* more than $150

in that way we ought to be on the sure side and and prevent exaggerated expectations due to heavy trolling.

Yes, he had it setup to do that on the temp site thats up. It is a good idea I just didn't have time to throw it on last night, and I'm not sure how the form is going to work either. I'm pure front end :o

maxmerkel
11-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Yes, he had it setup to do that on the temp site thats up. It is a good idea I just didn't have time to throw it on last night, and I'm not sure how the form is going to work either. I'm pure front end :o

i know, but he had $250 and $500 bullets in it, i think this would invite people to pledge that, just to mock us and then say "look, they pledged that, but in the end they only gave a fraction"

so i would restrict it to a "more than $150" bullet.

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 11:15 AM
understood. MSM would do anything to turn this around and make it look like a failure. gotcha!

tsopranos
11-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Bump...that's sweet lookin'.

ConstitutionGal
11-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks Gal!;)

I'm in the process of getting a hold of SwordOfShannarah, I believe hes the one setting it up offically. If he approves it then we can put those finishing touches on it.

Where did you come up the old scroll graphic? I've been trying to find a good one for a couple of different projects and that's the best one I've seen so far.

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Where did you come up the old scroll graphic? I've been trying to find a good one for a couple of different projects and that's the best one I've seen so far.

I've had it for awhile, I'll be glad to send it to ya.

Bacon
11-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah I'd like the scroll graphic as well, if you don't mind.. I made my own variation last night for a new image, but I could have saved a lot of time with this..

Where did you set up this design at? Have you uploaded it yet?

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Where did you set up this design at? Have you uploaded it yet?

It's still sitting on my computer at home actually. I was hoping to get in touch with the person responsible for setting up teaparty07.com but I havent heard from them yet....the site really needs to go live ASAP!

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 12:41 PM
got in touch with SwordOfShannarah who did the nov 5th and it looks like this might be the one...me hopes =)

Sematary
11-08-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't even see a link

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't even see a link

They will be added, I was just doing a proof-type to see what he thought. I'm sending the files to him this evening so he can work on it and get it up.

DeadheadForPaul
11-08-2007, 01:06 PM
EPIC!!!!!!!!! That is seriously beautiful

ps: I dont think you need a comma before the "but" in "but with sound ideas and principles"

Green Mountain Boy
11-08-2007, 01:08 PM
mfoley1, It looks really great so far! One minor thing: The image in the upper right corner of the colonists dumping the tea is a little hard to distinguish. It might be nice if it was altered to make it show up better. Just my opinion.

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 01:09 PM
mfoley1, It looks really great so far! One minor thing: The image in the upper right corner of the colonists dumping the tea is a little hard to distinguish. It might be nice if it was altered to make it show up better. Just my opinion.

ok, need to tinker with it for a few, i see what you mean though.

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks all for the + feedback. I'm doing what I can to get this implemented into the Tea Party site. Thanks again!

LukeNM
11-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Something seems to be missing from the title to me… “Tea Party 07” seems too vague. When someone mentions the Boston Tea Party you know what he or she is talking about. Not sure what might be added to the title but,

“Liberty Tea Party 2007”
“Freedom Tea Party 2007”
“Liberty & Freedom Tea Party 2007”
“Fundraising Tea Party 2007”
“Online Tea Party 2007”
“Internet Tea Party 2007”
“National Tea Party 2007”
“Republican Tea Party 2007”
“Ron Paul Tea Party 2007”

are just some ideas?

Taco John
11-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Tea Party 07 is perfect if you ask me.

Shaun
11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Is Trevor involved with all this? Who is in touch with him? Can someone hook me up? My business partner owns the leading SEO company in Los Angeles and is ready to help X10 the traffic for the tea party site. Please can someone put him in touch with me at ShaunjamesBrowne@mac.com
Thanks.

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Something seems to be missing from the title to me… “Tea Party 07” seems too vague. When someone mentions the Boston Tea Party you know what he or she is talking about. Not sure what might be added to the title but,

“Liberty Tea Party 2007”
“Freedom Tea Party 2007”
“Liberty & Freedom Tea Party 2007”
“Fundraising Tea Party 2007”
“Online Tea Party 2007”
“Internet Tea Party 2007”
“National Tea Party 2007”
“Republican Tea Party 2007”
“Ron Paul Tea Party 2007”

are just some ideas?

Maybe I can add Ron Paul in smaller text above the "Tea Party 07"?

Question_Authority
11-08-2007, 03:24 PM
It's gorgeous. But I am envisioning something that would enhance it. I would love to see Ron Paul's name...really large....but with greatly reduced opacity...maybe even like a "watermark" look. Just under the main Tea Party 07 graphic. It will just be in the background, but it would Ron Paul's name a little more "presence" on the site. Just a thought. But overall, VERY nice!

TruckinMike
11-08-2007, 04:17 PM
The title really bugged me. Remember... "The boston Tea Party" in itself is the motivating factor... Do NOT deviate, otherwise you will lose impact, thus money!

The Boston Tea Party '07
The Online Revolution in support of Dr. Ron Paul for President
comemorating the Revolutionary event through fund raising.

Or some such verbage more suitable than the above

Simple is better... stay with the original... Besides little girls have "tea parties"... Not Truckers like me.

TruckinMike

foofighter20x
11-08-2007, 04:32 PM
You might want to include a form on the website for people who aren't pledging but want updates... ;)

truthspeaker
11-08-2007, 04:34 PM
teaparty07.com isn't coming up.

wisconsinite
11-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I honestly don't like it that much.

I think the page should have a much larger image of colonists dumping tea. And maybe even less text than you have. Also the "freedom is popular" quote on the bottom just doesn't really fit, in my opinion.

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-08-2007, 04:47 PM
heres an alternative mock site I came up with last night, i was fairly bored. cant say im crazy about the one that was up on teaparty07.com, but hey whatever works. Just let me know I'd be glad to pitch in if there is help needed as far as graphics and web layout goes. Anyone affiliated with the teaparty07.com site just PM me if you like or want to use this design. I've got it in html format, the counter and form are really the only thing that I cant do. Suggestions welcomed :)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/mfoley2/teacopy-1.jpg

I still think it should say that the goal donation amount is "$100," otherwise people will donate less.

Shaun
11-08-2007, 04:48 PM
TRUCKIN MIKE is exactly right IMO, everyone copy his signature, the BOSTON TEA PARTY should be pushed and no deviations.
Remember in marketing YOUR opinion or MY opinon doesn't count, it's what works and the brain runs on association and the BOSTON TEA PARTY is in everyones brain as an association.
Keep it focused and go with TRUCKIN MIKE'S advice, he's bang on guys.
Thanks for listening,
Shaun.

TruckinMike
11-08-2007, 05:09 PM
hey Shaun...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2064/1699031580_4fea590cb6.jpg

Impressions can be lost with a change of just one little word... in this case that word is "BOSTON".

Here is my case...

"Lets have a tea party!!"

So does that phrase conjure up feelings of passion from the Revolutionary within? Or do you simply see two little girls dressed up in moms high heels and clothes... playing sophisticated women sipping tea from plastic cups?

If you don't get this... I can't help you anymore.

Thanks.

TruckinMike

ronpaulitician
11-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Boston United States Tea Party?

(hmm... strikethrough feature doesn't seem to work)

TruckinMike
11-08-2007, 05:56 PM
The Boston Tea Party '07

Then simply describe our event... and how with the same passion of our founders we will have a party of our own for Ron Paul... No big deal... just remember the power of suggestion..."The Boston Tea Party" has POWER "the Tea Party" does not. "Our Tea party" does not, "America's tea party" does not.

Yes, you can use them in the description, thats fine, sounds great, but not in the header.:)

Truckinmike

mfoley1
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
The Boston Tea Party '07

Then simply describe our event... and how with the same passion of our founders we will have a party of our own for Ron Paul... No big deal... just remember the power of suggestion..."The Boston Tea Party" has POWER "the Tea Party" does not. "Our Tea party" does not, "America's tea party" does not.

Yes, you can use them in the description, thats fine, sounds great, but not in the header.:)

Truckinmike

I just sent them the graphics for it so its in their hands now..

12benami
11-08-2007, 06:40 PM
There were 90,000lbs of tea thrown into the harbor in the 1773 event. This action was taken by the "Sons of Liberty." It seems that if we got 90,000 sons of liberty signed up and commited to giving $100 on the 16th, we could raise $8,000,000 - $16,000,000.

Awesome site ideas so far!

Flirple
11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I like it a lot. Much better than most of what I have seen so far. Here are my 2 "even better ifs":

I think it would be even better if you put one of the slogans ("No Taxation by Inflation", "Brewing a New rEVOLution", etc.) in the bottom right corner in place of the "Freedom is Popular".

And it is very wordy and might not be that inviting for folks to figure out what purpose of the site is. But I don't know how you could avoid that because naturally the theme being what it is doesn't really allow you the option of putting in a bunch of bullet points, banners, bold fonts, etc. So you may not be able to do too much about that.

Great work!

ronpaulitician
11-09-2007, 12:25 AM
This should be the image used for the NY Times ad.