PDA

View Full Version : Two-tier, Mass Appeal Message

FreeTraveler
11-08-2007, 10:08 AM
To reach the mainstream, we've got to start thinking on two levels. For every "Son of Liberty" in the 1770s, there were hundreds of quiet supporters who knew the Revolution was inevitable, but were not willing to don the war paint and raid the ships.

Those here, on these boards, are the modern day Sons of Liberty. We must find ways to build that army of supporters who are willing to help on some level, but haven't yet realized the inevitability of the struggle ahead. We need writers who can appeal to the masses, and events that appeal to the masses as well.

That's why I've been pushing "Liberty is Brewing" as a slogan for the Liberty Weekend. For the Sons of Liberty, "Revolution is Brewing" is the correct slogan, but for the masses, let's turn down the volume one notch.

Everyone can support Liberty, even those who are afraid of a Revolution.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm a decent writer, I think I could write things probably. I know I am at least eloquent in my writing if not as much factual or evidence centered, but most people prefer eloquence to facts anyway lol. I am factual when I write its just that for things like this I don't quite know enough about some things to be really factual, such as returning to hard money.

I think you've got a good point about using Liberty is Brewing instead of using Brewing a Revolution too. But I'm not sure if it was that edgy approach that helped the success of Nov.5th, or if we could gain even more support by toning it down for the masses like you're saying.

FreeTraveler
11-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I think you've got a good point about using Liberty is Brewing instead of using Brewing a Revolution too. But I'm not sure if it was that edgy approach that helped the success of Nov.5th, or if we could gain even more support by toning it down for the masses like you're saying.

I think both messages are important. Choice is what it's all about. Some of us will buy "rEVOLution is Brewing" t-shirts, others will go for "Liberty is Brewing". I'm not sure how you split the publicity, but I'd lean toward pushing the "Liberty is Brewing" theme on the public sites. The college-age, rEVOLution, Sons of Liberty crowd already has more penetration than the mass-market, and that's the tier we need to attract to get to 8 or 9 figures in donations next time around.