Jtorsella
12-20-2011, 08:14 AM
--

Jtorsella
12-20-2011, 08:27 AM
--

gls
12-20-2011, 08:29 AM
cbsnews.xxx/8301-215_162-57345489/get-ready-for-ron-pauls-15-minutes/ -- written by some hack from the New Republic

bluesc
12-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Most of the attacks are coming from the same group of people. Seems like they have far reach. Mer. They can get away with this by calling it "vetting" :rolleyes:

Jtorsella
12-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Really bad one from the left - h ttp://www.ibtimes.com/articles/269993/20111220/ron-paul-pirate-2012-republicans-iowa-gop.htm

rrcamp
12-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Saw this in another thread, but it's a wonderful, general purpose reply to these hit pieces:

I wonder if these people attacking Ron Paul realize that their attacks only galvanize his supporters and strengthen the movement.

Here’s how it works…

As the saying goes, “There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is NOT being talked about.”

And, while the negative articles may, at first blush, seem damaging to Paul… they are indeed publicity. And, people read them.

Inevitably, voters who are interested in the process and sincere in looking for a candidate they can support will read them.

What those readers will immediately notice is the disparity between the article and its comments. You can’t help but notice on EVERY negative article about Ron Paul the overwhelming number of comments attacking the author, defending Paul, and refuting the content of the article.

And, that’s the hook. Its enough cognitive dissonance to compel serious, interested voters to research and find out the facts for themselves.

As they do, they begin to realize that Paul’s positions aren’t based on whim or political convenience. They are well thought-out… and while you might disagree, you appreciate the thought.

You also immediately recognize the consistency and the willingness to speak truths that aren’t always popular.

You begin to respect (not necessarily like) Paul and think, “Maybe I could vote for this guy… AT LEAST he’s honest!”

And, then it happens…

Inevitably, an anti-Paul commenter will use the terms Ron Paul supporters know all too well: “Paulbot” and “Paultard”.

And, you think to yourself…

“Wait a second. I wasn’t a “fanatical” Ron Paul supporter. I didn’t know or like him a few weeks ago. Not only that, I’ve watched many of his interviews and speeches. I’ve read hundreds of articles on him and others. I’ve watched most of the debates. I’ve looked at his voting record (and that of some of his opponents).

I’ve researched him thoroughly like I think a good voter should. And, I like his ideas.

Does that make me a fanatic?

It seems to me that you just don’t like his ideas… which is fine, but instead of saying that you try to label me as a loon.

You rarely address any of your problems with his issues directly and when you do, you seem to be regurgitating talking points from Hannity, Limbaugh and others.”

And, suddenly your support for Ron Paul is galvanized. And, as you see the media bias and blatant attacks, you begin to sense an injustice being perpetrated. You feel the need to correct it.

And, you go from passive observer to active supporter… contributing money, commenting on articles, posting information for family and friends, and so on.

And, the momentum grows…

So, from all us Ron Paul supporters… THANK YOU for this hit piece. It only serves to further the cause we support while simultaneously undermining your credibility…

Now, what’s that other saying again?

Oh yeah… Two birds. One stone.