PDA

View Full Version : Former Undercover Intelligence: Paul upholds rule of law

Bradley in DC
06-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Republican Presidential Candidates Betray the Rule of Law and Our National Security According to Former Undercover Intelligence

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/alerts/259

. . . This is not an issue of Republican versus Democrat. The signatories of this letter include registered Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. We believe that Republicans and Democrats alike must commit themselves to upholding the rule of law and refusing to use clandestine CIA officers as a political football. In this regard we find that the recent comments by Fred Thompson, Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney [are] sadly wanting and unworthy of the highest elected office in the United States.

We are pleased, however, that the Republican Party is offering candidates who do believe in the rule of law. Former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore and U.S. Congressman Ron Paul spoke boldly and reaffirmed the commitment of Republicans to uphold the rule of law. Both emphasized that the law must be applied to Mr. Libby, regardless of his social standing or wealth. We believe that Governor Gilmore and Congressman Paul reflect the values espoused by Ronald Reagan.

Good intelligence should not be a partisan issue. It is a professional obligation of intelligence officers to provide politicians with the best information and their best judgment. And it is the professional obligation of politicians to uphold the rule of law and ensure that the Constitution of the United States is upheld and enforced.

On this critical issue we believe that the statements by Fred Thompson, Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney do damage to the reputation of the Republican Party and undermine public respect for the judicial system.

Respectfully yours,

Ray Close, Directorate of Operations
James Marcinkowski, Directorate of Operations
Philip Giraldi, Directorate of Operations
Michael Grimaldi, Directorate of Intelligence
Ray McGovern, Directorate of Intelligence
Melvin Goodman, Directorate of Intelligence
Larry Johnson, Directorate of Intelligence
David MacMichael, National Intelligence Council

cujothekitten
06-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Link? Not that I doubt it I just want to pass it on and give a hit to their website.

Nevermind... I see the link now ;P

CJLauderdale4
06-16-2007, 08:44 PM
It's up there. Just scroll to the bottom. Yeah, usually takes a while for Republican slammers to mention that, oh yeah, Ron Paul agrees with us (please don't support him, please!!).

Bradley in DC
06-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Link? Not that I doubt it I just want to pass it on and give a hit to their website.

Nevermind... I see the link now ;P

Yeah, sorry. I had "technical difficulties" (ie, user error). You kids with your fancy internets and all...

cujothekitten
06-16-2007, 09:21 PM
bump

Revolution9
06-16-2007, 10:31 PM
buzzflash is a pro democrat site so this is good news. As well I have seen all the Ron Pul appearances on Comedy Central show up on Raw power, another liberal site and he is getting alot of play at alternative news sites like rumormillnews and surfingtheapocalypse. The Jeff Rense site which is one of the most viewed on the web keeps up to date on him and posts the latest videos.

Rumormillnews has been covering Ron since 1998 at least.

Best
Randy