PDA

View Full Version : CBS National Poll December 14th through 18th

jer4liberty
12-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Romney 20%
Gingrich 20%
Paul 10%
All others single digits.

Paul, Romney and Gingrich have a 5 point gain from the last CBS Poll in November 6th through 10th.

Considering CBS has never given us good numbers, being double digits is a great thing, even more so the fact that we have a 5 point increase in a month.

This poll was conducted by telephone from December 14-18, 2011 among 992 adults nationwide. 893 interviews were conducted with registered voters and 291 with voters who said they plan to vote in a Republican primary. Phone numbers were dialed from samples of both standard land line and cell phones. The error due to sampling for results based on the entire sample could be plus or minus three percentage points. The margin of error for the sample of registered voters could be plus or minus three points and six points for the sample of Republican primary voters. The error for subgroups may be higher. This poll release conforms to the Standards of Disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57345451-503544/poll-gingrich-romney-tied-at-top-of-gop-race/?tag=cbsnewsMainColumnArea

RileyE104
12-20-2011, 06:35 AM
So basically what I've seen in every national poll lately is that Ron Paul is DEFINITELY in third and he's DEFINITELY somewhere between 15% and 10% -- not that bad. Let's see how those numbers are after Iowa and New Hampshire. There is so much potential for momentum. The tipping point will be when he crosses 15% and starts going into the higher teens.

bluesc
12-20-2011, 06:37 AM
+5% is great. It matches the latest trend :).

jer4liberty
12-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Agreed. We are definitely in double digits and we have definitely increased our support nationally (although nowhere near important yet as the early states). I'm anxious to see where PPP polls us nationally....but New Hampshire and Iowa are much more important at this moment. Though the way national polls are conducted it minimizes independent and cross over support. State polls tend to be more detailed and have a better cross section, but 10% in the CBS poll is great by all accounts. Only 10% behind too with a margin of error of 6%....we are right there.

fisharmor
12-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Yeah, but here's the interesting bit:

Of those surveyed, an overwhelming 79 percent told the CBS News Polling Unit it was still to early to declare their minds made up on whom to support.

If Paul got 10%, you know not a single one said their mind isn't made up, so that means only 11% of voters have made up their minds to go with someone else.

asurfaholic
12-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Cbs local news this morning - clear frontrunners, newt and romney. Everyone else is really far behind.

Oh, and no mention of who is leading iowa. And this segment was broadcasted from....wait for it..... iowa.

CTRattlesnake
12-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Cbs local news this morning - clear frontrunners, newt and romney. Everyone else is really far behind.

Oh, and no mention of who is leading iowa. And this segment was broadcasted from....wait for it..... iowa.

I saw a fox segment yesterday where they had one of their guys in Iowa talking for 5+ minutes about how Newt was struggling and how Mitt had a great opportunity to capitalize.

He then went on to say that a lot of people were talking about frothy, and that he may have a big boost in the polls come caucus time.

No mention of the actual frontrunner

12-20-2011, 07:46 AM
I saw a fox segment yesterday where they had one of their guys in Iowa talking for 5+ minutes about how Newt was struggling and how Mitt had a great opportunity to capitalize.

He then went on to say that a lot of people were talking about frothy, and that he may have a big boost in the polls come caucus time.

No mention of the actual frontrunner

Faux news is morphing into Baghdad Bob.

paleoguy
12-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Maybe Ron Paul will win Iowa in "silent mode"

TER
12-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Maybe Ron Paul will win Iowa in "silent mode"

I wonder what the meme for next week will be when the polls show Dr. Paul increasing his numbers both in Iowa and New Hampshire??

Sean
12-20-2011, 08:14 AM
National polls don't really matter. The polls that will matter are Iowa and NH. Also doing well in LA caucus before South Carolina. You know if we win the caucus there will be little news about it but if someone else wins it will blown up as an important win before SC.

12-20-2011, 08:20 AM
National polls don't really matter. The polls that will matter are Iowa and NH. Also doing well in LA caucus before South Carolina. You know if we win the caucus there will be little news about it but if someone else wins it will blown up as an important win before SC.

With the election 2 weeks away, they matter now and are rising.

If Ron wins the caucus it will be front page news all over the world. They will try to spin it, but it it will be on the front page none the less.

z9000
12-20-2011, 08:34 AM
A 10% gap is not difficult to close

danielboon
12-20-2011, 08:44 AM

If Ron wins the caucus it will be front page news all over the world. They will try to spin it, but it it will be on the front page none the less.

nope they will say mitt had a strong second paul,s win meaningless count on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ScPXDRcIfc&feature=player_detailpage

IterTemporis
12-20-2011, 08:50 AM
This is bizarre...

3 New national polls

In the first one: Gingrich and Romney at 28, Paul is half of them at 14
The second one: Gingrich and Romney at 30, Paul is half of them at 15
The third one: Gingrich and Romney at 20, Paul is half of them at 10

..?

Albeit, still very good news.

sailingaway
12-20-2011, 09:05 AM
snort. CBS always was his worse.

In a way these are all consistent, though. CNN, CBS and ABC all had Romney and Gingrich precisely tied for first and second, and Ron in third at precisely half of what Gingrich and Romney had.

But that is national and will change with results in early states.

TER
12-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Yeah, but here's the interesting bit:

If Paul got 10%, you know not a single one said their mind isn't made up, so that means only 11% of voters have made up their minds to go with someone else.

Man I love the way you think! :cool:

Sean
12-20-2011, 04:39 PM

Yeah is he wins the Iowa caucus. I am talking about the Louisiana caucus which I believe is before SC.

12-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah is he wins the Iowa caucus. I am talking about the Louisiana caucus which I believe is before SC.

It's after SC.

The Free Hornet
12-20-2011, 05:14 PM
If Paul got 10%, you know not a single one said their mind isn't made up, so that means only 11% of voters have made up their minds to go with someone else.+1

In year one, Ron Paul will save the average tax payer $10,000. Who in their right mind would not want that? Only somebody on the take who stands to lose more, and even many of those will put freedom first!

There is no other plan to balance the budget by anybody. The MSM/MIC/Fed plan is to continually expand the monetary base. It also assumes perpetual growth of the economy. I am not the global-warming type, but could there be a greater folly than pinning our prosperity - and losing our freedom - on the idea that growth will always be positive and always sufficient to cover our growing interest burden? The debt treadmill will enslave us.