PDA

View Full Version : campaign in the football forums

Athanasius
12-20-2011, 12:28 AM
it might be a good idea to go over to some of these football recruiting sites to stir up some conversation.
http://Iowa.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=940&fid=804&style=1
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=8&f=1376

I've been talking on one of them for a school in South Carolina for a few years because i have a cousin that plays. 4 years ago there were only 2 people on the forum, me and another guy and I would get dogged out every time I mentioned RP...but i've been persistent over the last few years and people used to think i was a nut job. tonight a RP thread popped up and half the posts...about 25 folks are arguing RP's platform and doing a great job of it. college football fans are pretty active voters...they're drawn to the competitive nature of the campaigns. these forums may be a good way to get to a few people.

BamaAla
12-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Any forum you go to!

I am a member of several car forums and have had your experience to the T. 3 years ago, the one or two Dr. Paul supporters were laughed at; now-a-days, it seems like Paul supporters own those same forums. It's not all new members either; many of those people that scoffed the loudest are now sold out!

Nubraskan
12-20-2011, 12:34 AM
My local car forums are pretty strong for Paul now

PeteinLA
12-20-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm a huge Hawkey fan and have been on both Rivals and Scout talking up RP. He has a lot of fans on both forums. On the rivals forum you have to go to the off topic or you will get dinged on the strictly football forum.

goldwater's ghost
12-20-2011, 12:47 AM
i'm on one and ron paul wins the presidential poll we had. i keep pimpin him. its a pretty pro war crowd but he still wins. the worst things they say is he cant win (though not so much lately) and he's too isolationist but none of the other candidates make anyone excited

billjones
12-20-2011, 12:56 AM
TwoPlusTwo and PocketFives are good forums for spreading the RP message. Online poker players were hit hard when the DOJ shut down online poker.

Athanasius
12-20-2011, 02:47 AM
just for fun some of the posters i'm still working on...i've come to the conclusion that people who throw around the description "batshit insane" at every turn are in fact just that.

"Good ideas, but crazy as hell. Not a President IMO."

"ROTFLMAO really...????"

"That crazier than a shithouse rat!!!!!"

"I'm not saying there is a true conservative candidate, because there isn't one and it's a shame because they would wipe the floor with Barry. If you think Ron Paul is a true conservative then you don't know your politics. Paul has many conservative principles (limited government) but his foreign policy is not conservative. It's libertarian. And it's dumb."

"You are kidding, right? The guy is a certified whack job. Geez, must want 4 more years of Obama."

"I'll tell you why he is s wackadoo: He thinks it's cool if Iran has nuclear weapons, in fact he thinks it's ok for any country in the world to have nukes if they have the resources to do so.
If that stance is not batshit insane then I don't know what is. I'm not familiar with his economic policy, but his foreign policy looks to make America weak and he is certainly not a conservative."

"It's not just Iran. He thinks any country should be allowed to have them. And all the other countries you just named already have nukes. Why would we chase around Russia and India? North Korea already has been testing. The amount of countries in the world that have nuclear weapons does not need to multiply, especially a country that hates the shit out of us. Ron Paul's foreign policy is beyond retarded."

"Absolutely! Ron Paul= Obama for another 4 years, guaranteed!"

"Your party keeps searching for the next Ronald Reagan (not bad but vastly overrated) and all you can come up with is the next Ronald McDonald.
Your party has been co-opted by a lunatic fringe and until it is expunged or, at the very least, marginalized and told they were more effective when that majority was "silent"- the GOP will continue to be an international joke.
You scratch your heads and wonder how in the world Obama is our President and then send up this list better suited to a turkey shoot as an alternative.
Romney is your only chance at taking this one and I just do not think he is bat-shit crazy enough to get the nomination. And if believing in magic underpants, appearing-disappearing golden enscribed plates, a lost tribe of Israel landing in upstate New York and the Garden of Eden actually being somewhere in Missouri isn't crazy enough for you people, I kind of give up."

"As a fan/alumni of a public institution I find that laughable. USPS sure, maybe. But you MUST provide education to all citizens."

"For the life of me cannot find Ron Paul to be anything but a goof ball. He is certainly not capable of beating Obama. I fear a vote in the primaries for anyone but Mitt is tatamount to a vote to reelect Obama."

Rudeman
12-20-2011, 03:34 AM
I talk about RP on all the forums I frequent, usually see at least a handful of other RP supporters (some are closet supporters). The good thing is that even non-RP supporters (Republicans) are noticing the media bias against RP. Saying stuff like 'it's shocking how hard the media ignores him (including Fox News) all they talk about is Newt and Romney even though Ron Paul is doing well in polls'.