PDA

View Full Version : does Ron advocate any changes to the judicial system, and the process in which laws are wr

snowman
12-20-2011, 12:12 AM
written?

And, does he favor a civil law system? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_law_system

what does Ron have to say about the way laws are made in our country?

thanks

damiengwa
12-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Hi snowman, welcome to the forums.

Off the top of my head, i do not know WHAT ron paul would do to reform the judicial branch because thats a matter of strategy IF he were elected. He would probably take the most practical steps forward. But what I can tell you is what direction he'll try to shift the Judicial Branch.

Have you ever read Bastiat's The Law? Ron Paul has indicated that if he could get every one to read one book, it would be that one. Well one of the central points Bastiat tries to make is that when government has the power to make law, organizations and politically influential will fight over it to make laws that hurt their competitors or establish monopolies. I suppose the reader is to assume that the law is not something arbitrary, but natural. At least that's what i got from it.

So in short, Ron sees the role of government as a referee between people. In short, the liberty of my fist ends at the tip of your nose. And the courts are there to act in a manner soas to resolve disputes amongst competing rights and bring justice to the criminal.

Hope this helps. Maybe others can expand.