PDA

View Full Version : We need negative Romney ads in NH.

Agorism
12-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Newt had an insurmountable lead in Iowa until Paul (mostly Paul) and Romney used negative ads to bring his numbers down.

We have the exact same situation in NH where Romney is at 35. That will probably translate into a victory in the 40's.

Without some extremely tough ads, we will be stuck at #2 instead of #1.

muh_roads
12-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Agreed wholeheartedly. It is actually making me nervous. They were ready to pounce on Gingrich in Iowa almost immediately once he started rising. But Romney hasn't been touched still and we've known these poll numbers over there for a while now.

Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow with a new anti-Romney ad. But the clock is ticking. The Big Dog ad running in NH on sports channels isn't enough for that state.

Maybe the campaign thinks people already know enough about Mitt's flip-flopping and it would be a waste of money to point it out more? I think people should be reminded with a new round of ads.

RPit
12-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Not now though, after Christmas.. You don't wanna leave a bad taste during holidays.. So I think campaign is probably waiting and this in the works or completed already.

Agorism
12-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Not now though, after Christmas.. You don't wanna leave a bad taste during holidays.. So I think campaign is probably waiting and this in the works or completed already.

Ya but right after Christmas then...

You need a couple weeks or the ads won't gel into the public mind.

VictorB
12-20-2011, 12:12 AM
I'd love to see a nice family commercial with Ron, Carol, and Rand wishing everyone Merry Christmas.

Agorism
12-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Has there been even 1 negative ad against Romney in NH. Not really.

Huntsman had a couple sad excuses for a negative ad, but they weren't actually negative.

Agorism
12-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Bump

Fr0m_3ur0pe
12-20-2011, 05:02 AM
this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMcjJEXt9To

and northern pass

vechorik
12-20-2011, 08:59 AM
What we NEED is more volunteers for "call from home!"

kylejack
12-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Tricky. Going negative on the Grinch is easier because he's unlikable.

blakjak
12-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Paul doesn't do negative ads, remember. He does factual ads highlighting the opponents' records. :)

muzzled dogg
12-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Run them yourselves as individuals

You can run a quarter page northern pass ad for $145 In a paper whose readers care about the pass

HOLLYWOOD
12-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Tricky. Going negative on the Grinch is easier because he's unlikable.true... Fact: Romney has spent more time in Mahattan raising money than any other candidate. A matter of fact, ;) , Romney is in Manhattan right now for a fundraiser, then he'll mask it with a trip to NH this afternoon.

I swear Mittens in private fundraisers every week and almost all of them are with Banks, Wall St. firms, and Elitists.

economics102
12-20-2011, 12:34 PM
The key to attacking Romney is to highlight how similar his policies will be to Obama's.

The voters that support him DON'T CARE that he's a rich snob, out of touch, etc, etc. They view him as the safe bet to beat Obama.

So, to combat this you focus on one or both of these two messages:

1. Mitt Romney can't beat Obama

2. Mitt Romney is a RINO who won't govern any different than Obama, so who cares if he can beat Obama?

Personally I think the latter is the better message. It's much harder for Romney to be in the position of arguing how he won't be a clone of Obama than it is for him to argue that he can beat Obama.

VoluntaryAmerican
12-20-2011, 12:37 PM
I'd like to see an ad that compares Romney and Obama.

Individual mandate/ gun regulation / etc.

Then seeing Paul's name at the end affirms him as the anti-Romney choice.

muzzled dogg
12-20-2011, 12:40 PM
^^ we're handing one like that out today

But we're showing Ron too

Comparison chart

airborne373
12-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Don't forget to tell people to search: "mitt romney draft dodger (http://www.bing.com/search?q=draft+dodger+mitt+romney&go=&qs=n&sk=&form=QBLH)" and learn about how williard romney spent his "time" serving in the South of France in a literal palace.

ca4paul
12-20-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm one of those former neocons and we see things in a more america "fuck yeah" type of way. That's what works for a lot of confused Americans so it's time to exploit and go after mitt this way.

There should be a major ad on not being able to trust mitt romney and his flip flopping to get elected.

Then at the end the video should show Ron Paul and how he's been consistent.

This NEEDS to happen NOW or at the very least just after Christmas. To wait til New Years is far too long.

Issues,

STRAIGHT UP CALL MITT OUT ON BEING A "LIBERAL" like Ronald Reagan did to his opponent.

NEWT ROMNEY IS ONE AND THE SAME

ROMNEY IS A LIBTARD.

MITT VOTED TO THE BAILOUTS!

MITT HIRED ILLEGAL ALIENS

------------------------------------------------------
mitt romney DODGED THE DRAFT! Ron Paul was drafted. Mitt Romney dodged the draft and lived in France!

http://www.nationalmemo.com/article/strange-true-mitt-romney-spent-vietnam-war-french-palace

If he was was against the wars, I wouldn't have a problem. But to be so willing to send our young troops off to die in a war that isn't for our national defense when you wouldn't go yourself, that is a coward.

Support our troops!...Vote for the veteran, not the draft dodger!
(Not that I have a problem with draft dodgers...only the ones who then promote war)
Chickenhawks Obama, O'reilly, Limbaugh, Hannity, Romney, Gingrich, Bachmann, and Levin all chant,

MITT ROMNEYS FOREIGN POLICY IS THE SAME AS BUSH'S!

MITT FLIP FLOPS AND CHANGES SO MUCH THAT HE CANNOT BE TRUSTED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agorism
12-21-2011, 02:13 AM
bump

Gravik
12-21-2011, 02:17 AM
A clip from the beginning of this would be nice. It shows how well Romney knows the Constitution!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkK27gjB7mk

gerryb
12-21-2011, 04:18 AM
The clip where Romney and Gingrich can't really come up with any substantial differences between themselves would be good;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB7fOuuWIzc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB7fOuuWIzc

Jon Stewart did a good cut of this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T6GQ7dAqXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T6GQ7dAqXw

gerryb
12-21-2011, 04:23 AM
doublepost

Agorism
12-28-2011, 06:17 PM
bump because this is what we needed (probably too late now)

Freedom Patriot
12-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Yes, the Ron Paul campaign has to make more videos and ads similar to this video.

Mitt Romney - Serial Flip Flopper!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI9yjhd8b84

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI9yjhd8b84

muh_roads
12-28-2011, 06:47 PM
lol nice bump. I've been saying this as early as the 2nd week in December.

hueylong
12-28-2011, 06:48 PM
The campaign sees this in the proper strategic light. Our job now is to become the "conservative alternative to Romney". We will pivot to face Romney after Iowa. They are doing the right thing.

muh_roads
12-28-2011, 06:52 PM
The campaign sees this in the proper strategic light. Our job now is to become the "conservative alternative to Romney". We will pivot to face Romney after Iowa. They are doing the right thing.

If New Hampshire wasn't so soon after Iowa, I would feel better. Might as well skip it and spend the money on South Carolina.

Liberty Shark
12-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Hold on a minute...

As much as it hurts me to say, I have recently spent considerable time in Massachusetts and know many people in NH, and Romney is going to win NH. Sad to say, but true, unless a massive scandal unfolds. Also, the Romney voters are not likely to go to Paul under ANY circumstances. The current battle isn't against Romney yet, until you clear the other anti-Romney candidates. Remember how GOP politics work. Romney is what is called the "next in line". Luckily he is, in nearly every state other than NH, below 25%. Romney has crazy connections in NH.
There is little to no sense in wasting massive resources in NH. Strategy should be to secure a solid 2nd place in NH, and then go for the home run in S.C. where Romney stands little to no chance! Also, SC is considered the most important early GOP state. Usually whoever wins SC, wins the nomination.
So, get a solid 2nd in NH to become the Romney alternative, and then go all out against Romney in S.C.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-28-2011, 06:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyp2QIGejq4

Perhaps condense this down to 1 minute and run it?

Also, need to work on the northern pass targeted mailers?

opinionatedfool
12-28-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't think the campaign should go negative on Romney until after Iowa. We don't want to be getting blowback from Romney before then. Also, I wonder if the romney attacks should be coming through a pac instead of the campaign...

hueylong
12-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Liberty Shark is right. Romney will likely win New Hampshire. Our job is to get a solid 2nd (anything less than 10 points), which will look like a win.

NO, we don't skip New Hampshire and go to SC. We are very strongly positioned in NH and there are delegates to be won.

Again, the campaign does these things for a living. They are counting dollars, delegate opportunities, the calendar, all these things -- I have yet to run across anyone on the forums who knows these things well enough to be second guessing the people Dr. Paul has hired to run the campaign.

4 years ago, I was highly critical of the campaign. This time, as a political campaign professional, I have to give them their props.

InTradePro
12-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Not yet. NOT YET. It's to early. Hold off until Iowa is won.

Agorism
12-29-2011, 03:00 PM
bump. make one of Romney supporting water boarding torture.

They are talking newsletters. No reason we can't hit Romney hard as no one else is willing to.

Snowball
12-29-2011, 03:04 PM
hopefully the weather will cooperate also.

ConsideringRonPaul
12-29-2011, 03:05 PM
I hate it when people say romney has NH in the bag. That's just giving up. And the polls show him w/in striking distance. Especially with a strong Paul showing in Iowa and a weak romney one.

Austin
12-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm totally armchair campaign managing here.. but I also believe the negative ads should have started this week and continued up to the primary. The 15% gap will be too large, even with the momentum of our potential win in Iowa.

If we will end up losing to Romney by around 5%, it will be a sad day. Winning Iowa and pulling an upset in NH would make us virtually unstoppable.

vechorik
12-29-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm calling NH at the moment and still finding RP supporters they didn't know about.

Captain Shays
12-29-2011, 03:48 PM
I for one don't want to get negative about Romney. He's seems like a nice guy who is just wrong on the issues and thats how I want to beat his ass. On ISSUES. On issues we have it all over him

matt0611
12-29-2011, 03:52 PM
I think we need to focus on "electability". Focus on how Ron Paul does well with independents, disenfranchised democrats, and is about tied with Romney with their chance to beat Obama. Seems like a lot of the Romney people are just default voting for Romney because he is their "best chance" at defeating Obama. If people knew that Ron had just as good and somewhat even better chance I bet you could see a decent sized swing from Romney to Paul.