PDA

View Full Version : Take the US citizenship test.

Anti Federalist
12-19-2011, 11:32 PM
96 question bank.

10 are asked, orally.

I did all of them.

100 %.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0104/Could-you-pass-a-US-citizenship-test/Who-signs-bills

coastie
12-19-2011, 11:34 PM
96 question bank.

10 are asked, orally.

I did all of them.

100 %.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0104/Could-you-pass-a-US-citizenship-test/Who-signs-bills

Of everyone here, I would think you'd be the last mofo on here to pass a citizenship test with a 100%, and then brag about it,lol.:D:D:D:D:cool:

DamianTV
12-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Kind of derailing the thread here (unintentionally) but pay attention to the capitalization of US citizen, as there is a big difference between State Citizen and US citizen, and US citizen is the legal definition of an Immigrant. A State Citizen is Soverign. Now, for those of you that are out of work, how many times have you seen US citizen on Job Applications?

Qdog
12-20-2011, 01:31 AM
lol, funny you should mention this... my fiancee is from Poland, and just passed her citizenship test this week! Cost us $600 to do all the paperwork... but now she can vote for Ron in the Texas Primary on March 6th!

JCF
12-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Can't stand the clicking, but aced the first 10. I would imagine the only kind of questions I would have trouble with are questions such as "who wrote the star spangled banner."

Geography and current politics is easy though :P

JCF
12-20-2011, 01:38 AM
lol, funny you should mention this... my fiancee is from Poland, and just passed her citizenship test this week! Cost us $600 to do all the paperwork... but now she can vote for Ron in the Texas Primary on March 6th!

Nice ;)

DamianTV
12-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Name a War that happened in the 1900's.

The War of 1812? :p

Eryxis
12-20-2011, 03:52 AM
Wow, the clicking is intolerable you're right. Interesting though.

123tim
12-20-2011, 06:28 AM
I'll be honest. I didn't do that well.
Out of the 62 questions that I answered I missed about six or eight. The ones that I missed were the important ones.

I never cared about government/politics when I was younger and only now realize how vital it is to be a part of it. For whatever reason, it's a lot harder to learn, and to remember things now.

I appreciate every bit of knowledge that I glean from this forum. I appreciate you all.

fisharmor
12-20-2011, 07:32 AM
WTF do I care who Susan B Anthony was?
Why don't they ask a question like "are you aware of the research which shows that sufferage helped usher in the welfare state?"

"What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?"
Um... there's no option for "inoperative"?

"What did the Declaration of Independence do?"
No option for "Provided the philosophical framework for the overthrow of tyrannical government, which some of us realize is still codified in law in the US", which I think is a damned sight more important than "Declared independence from GB"

"Who is the 'Father of Our Country'?"
I would have gone with TJ or Madison (not an option), but there I go mistaking our cult of personality with a constitutional republic....

"What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?"
FAIL... FAIL... FAIL... How about "What's one law of thermodynamics that Newton invented?"

"What is the "rule of law"?"
A pipe dream?

"What is the economic system in the United States?" (corporatism/fascism)
"During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States?" (hegemony)
"Name one war fought by the United States in the 1800s." (THE WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION WAS NEVER DECLARED.)
"What is the supreme law of the land?" (Whatever the armed jackboot is telling you at the moment)
"What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?" (Nothing of lasting consequence)
"Who vetoes bills?" (Nobody!)
"What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?" (Nothing!)
"Who makes federal laws?" (Bureaucrats)

More examples of "I know what you want to hear, and I also know what the actuality is, and they're not the same"

12-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Taking it now... Sh-t! Can anyone fill me in which ocean is on the West Coast!?!?!?!?!?

Philhelm
12-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Taking it now... Sh-t! Can anyone fill me in which ocean is on the West Coast!?!?!?!?!?

The Adriatic.

Matthew5
12-20-2011, 09:45 AM
I only missed two, man that clicking got old fast! This test made me realize...we're lying to our immigrants.

For example, telling them that America is a capitalist economy? :rolleyes:

flightlesskiwi
12-20-2011, 09:57 AM
ROFL!! one of the best posts EVARRRRR!

Why don't they ask a question like "are you aware of the research which shows that sufferage helped usher in the welfare state?"

No option for "Provided the philosophical framework for the overthrow of tyrannical government, which some of us realize is still codified in law in the US", which I think is a damned sight more important than "Declared independence from GB"

I would have gone with TJ or Madison (not an option), but there I go mistaking our cult of personality with a constitutional republic....

FAIL... FAIL... FAIL... How about "What's one law of thermodynamics that Newton invented?"

A pipe dream?

"During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States?" (hegemony)
"Name one war fought by the United States in the 1800s." (THE WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION WAS NEVER DECLARED.)
"What is the supreme law of the land?" (Whatever the armed jackboot is telling you at the moment)

More examples of "I know what you want to hear, and I also know what the actuality is, and they're not the same"

ExPatPaki
12-20-2011, 10:03 AM
They also ask you to write out a sentence in English and then read it out loud. It can be a bit of a challenge when the test administrating official is a little old Asian lady with a slightly thick accent.

Occam's Banana
12-20-2011, 10:28 AM
ROFL!! one of the best posts EVARRRRR!
Ditto!:D

MrTudo
12-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Of everyone here, I would think you'd be the last mofo on here to pass a citizenship test with a 100%, and then brag about it,lol.:D:D:D:D:cool:

My Wife who is a naturalized American citizen originally from Vietnam scored 100% and more importantly scored 100% when the real test was given in order to become a citizen.

I was there when it happened:)

Anti Federalist
12-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Epic!

+rep

A pipe dream?

Anti Federalist
12-20-2011, 11:53 AM

I was bored, what can I say.

Son of Detroit
12-20-2011, 11:56 AM
I started to take it, but the format started to get on my nerves.

oyarde
12-20-2011, 12:23 PM

A pipe dream?

More examples of "I know what you want to hear, and I also know what the actuality is, and they're not the same" Those 1981 Anthony dollars are worth something :)

youngbuck
12-20-2011, 01:32 PM
94 of 96 correct.

I got the following wrong:

Where is the Statue of Liberty. I chose Long Island. Didn't really think about it.
Who wrote the Declaration of Independence. I chose James Madison, but thinking back on it I remember correctly.

StilesBC
12-20-2011, 03:05 PM
I seriously have to scroll down and click 192 times to complete the test? Screw that.

Athan
12-20-2011, 03:47 PM
I was bored, what can I say.
You could say "irony". :D

Grubb556
12-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Is anybody else finding that the pages take too long to load (compared to the length it usually takes to a page in their browser)?

Gravik
12-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Took this written in high school at the beginning of government class then again at the end of the year. Needless to say I got a 70% the first time and a 95% the second time.

edit: when I took it it was a 100 question test, with an 80% needed to pass.

Tod
12-20-2011, 05:24 PM
I missed 5 of 96.

QueenB4Liberty
12-20-2011, 06:40 PM
88 of 96. 92%. I went fast so I didn't read some of the questions.

pcosmar
12-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Test?
I have a Birth Certificate and a traceable ancestry.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3429/3803423247_b02aef967b_z.jpg?zz=1

QuickZ06
12-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Missed one, guess I can still be a citizen. To bad the government already took my freedoms with the NDAA and Patriot Act or else this test would actually mean something.

Tod
12-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Missed one, guess I can still be a citizen. To bad the government already took my freedoms with the NDAA and Patriot Act or else this test would actually mean something.

Yeah, some of the recent events render some of the "correct" answers "incorrect".

aGameOfThrones
12-20-2011, 07:40 PM
18. What is the "rule of law"?

A, Everyone must follow the law.

B, Everyone but the President must follow the law.

C, Government does not have to follow the law.

D, All laws must be the same in every state.

Hey, why did it say I got this one wrong? It's C, right?

certaindeath4
12-20-2011, 08:26 PM
"You answered 95 of 96 questions correctly for a total score of 99%."

acptulsa
12-20-2011, 08:34 PM
I started to take it, but the format started to get on my nerves.

This. I was running 100% and it was taking a week, then I noticed I wasn't halfway through. Come on, CSM. Are you trying to compile stats that no one in the country can score over 50% for some future sensationalism? Why does it take two weeks to do this quiz?

Plus, I was irritated at the oversimplicity of the questions. Which ocean borders the east coast of the U.S? Well, the west coast of Guam is bordered by the Pacific, and the east coast of Guam is also bordered by the Pacific...

TexasJake
12-20-2011, 08:54 PM
94 of 96 correct.

I got the following wrong:

Where is the Statue of Liberty. I chose Long Island. Didn't really think about it.
Who wrote the Declaration of Independence. I chose James Madison, but thinking back on it I remember correctly.

I got the exact same results.