PDA

View Full Version : On Board in Louisiana

Bonnieblue
12-19-2011, 09:32 PM
I have been reading articles by Dr. Paul for about ten years. I supported him in the 2008 election for the Republican nomination. I determined a long time ago that I am not expected to succeed, although that is nice when it happens, usually at least, but that I am expected to have remained faithful until the end. In the movie, The Hunley, the writer of the screen play allowed General Beauregard to ask Captain Dixon if he felt that the war could still be won. Dixon replied that the war could not be won, but that a few more battles certainly could be won. At the close of the The Lantern Bearers, Rosemary Sutcliff places two of the chief characters in a closing dialogue. There, as Christian Britons, representing the last vestiges of Christian Roman culture being overrun by my Saxon ancestors, they understand that they are carrying their lanterns into the darkness and that they will most assuredly not see the dawn on the other side nor will they be remembered on the other side; yet, they do their duty. We are in the twilight of our age. As I take my lantern into the looming darkness, I can think of no better man to follow than Dr. Ron Paul. There is a good chance that this fight will be like Leonidas at Thermopylae, Byrhtnoth at Maldon, Harold at Hastings or Lee at Gettysburg; however, it could be like Horatio at the Bridge or Alfred the Great coming out of the marshes to defeat the Danes. Whatever it brings, lets remain faithful and push on.

Chowder
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Welcome! I'm from Louisiana too and a camapaign volunteer. Enjoy yourself!

vechorik
12-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey -- glad to have you aboard. I'm your neighbor in MS (Heard about that EPA MS/LA 7,000 acre land grab over a FROG that isn't proven to live there?