PDA

View Full Version : I hope Democrats underestimate Ron Paul

SonofThunder
12-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Think about it... the media portrays him as a loon and unelectable, so wouldn't it be a great strategy for Democrats to vote for Ron Paul in as many primaries as possible, because to them, Obama could easily beat him in the general election?

Or are they smarter than I give them credit for?

I realize there are genuine efforts for people who are disgruntled with Obama to vote for Paul, like the Blue Republicans, but I was just thinking it would be great if some of the liberal sites like HuffPo started encouraging Dems to support Paul so that Obama could win.

We all know that Paul v Obama would be an epic smackdown where independents, libertarians, Republicans, anti-war folks, and disgruntled Democrats would give us the largest landslide victory in the last 50 years. But they don't (necessarily) know that :-)

Xenophage
12-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Establishment democrats probably aren't going to want to risk it or give him air time. I think Obama would rather lose to Romney (not that he would) than have to debate Ron Paul on foreign policy and healthcare.

I also think democrats secretly know Ron Paul's strength with independents.

PauliticsPolitics
12-19-2011, 08:58 PM
I hope Democrats underestimate Ron Paul
I hope democrats vote for Ron Paul.
In the Primary and the General Election.

gerryb
12-19-2011, 09:12 PM
It's better to contrast Obama with Ron Paul;

Closing Guantanamo -- requested, then signed NDAA with indefinite detention for US citizens instead
Libya War
Drug War
TSA
Promising to pull out of Afghanistan "As First Thing I'll Do"

etc. etc.

gerryb
12-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Also, typing Obama to Gingrich and Romney

Obama has more donations from bankers than everyone else combined (youtube for michael moore saying this...)
Obama is a close second only to Romney for donations from those on the Forbes top 400 Billionaires
Bush/Cheney and Obama admin both want unlimited executive power -- same with gingrich
Rahm emmanuel
Eric Holder and gunrunner
crony capitalism with energy companies, just like Bush (solyndra and others)

Cyberbrain
12-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Democrats supporting Ron Paul is a good thing,
Democrats staying home because they're dissatisfied with Obama is a good thing,
Democrats being so passionate about Obama that they would seek to sabotage the republican nomination in mass (more than usual anyway) doesn't really sound like a good thing to me, even if it is Paul they're voting for.

gerryb
12-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Also -- now is the time to begin attacking Obama on your fb and via e-mail -- ever so slightly -- reminding people of all of the promises he has broken and how he is exactly like Bush/Cheney -- the reflex won't be as strong as when it is clearly RP vs. Obama and there will be some time to think about it

Tannenzäpfle
12-19-2011, 10:29 PM
If you're looking for a good example of how progressively Obama has governed, this is a pretty good link to send people:

http://whatinthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

gerryb
12-19-2011, 11:26 PM
If you're looking for a good example of how progressively Obama has governed, this is a pretty good link to send people:

http://whatinthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

+rep

Have a good defense now for those on the left who cry about Ron Paul's stance on marriage. Ron Paul wants the fedgov out of it and let the states decide, obviously -- Obama wants to pander to the gay community but sells them out.

Framed properly we can even make Ron Paul's weakness to this community a strength, in light of Obama's positions.

randomname
12-20-2011, 01:45 AM
They absolutely loathe him. Latest RP smear was all over the leftist blogosphere before hitting major news sites. If a major smear is coming, I fully expect it to originate from some DNC mouthpiece.

RickyJ
12-20-2011, 01:54 AM
I hope Democrats vote for Ron Paul. He can be their president too.

mmadness
12-20-2011, 02:04 AM
As a former progressive, I'd say that the biggest thing to worry about is the GOP's fear of Ron Paul. Once he makes it to the general election he will be strengthened by the collective support from the GOP, plus you will have former progressives/disenchanted democrats/independents/those who can see past the BS, and they will step up big time for Paul.