PDA

View Full Version : Iowa state DEMOCRATIC legislator Joel Brown is supporting Ron Paul?

sailingaway
12-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Thursday, former Democratic state legislator Joel Brown joins me to talk about why he’s supporting Ron Paul. (That should take some of the heat off me for irritating the Party establishment. Thanks Joel!)

http://www.blogforiowa.com/2011/12/19/this-week-on-the-fallon-forum-ndaa-irs-caucus-ron-paul/

trey4sports
12-19-2011, 07:44 PM
that's great. ron Paul brings people together!

Muttley
12-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Awesome stuff indeed!

tsai3904
12-19-2011, 07:52 PM
https://www.legis.iowa.gov/Legislators/legislator.aspx?GA=74&PID=1230

He was a two term State Representative.

tsai3904
12-22-2011, 06:44 PM
bump

Former Iowa Democratic State Representative Joel Brown will discuss why he supports Ron Paul at 8 PM ET.

Listen here:
http://www.983wowfm.com/article.asp?id=507304

Hopefully someone can record this.

harikaried
12-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Just switched over to the 8pm show. Talking about news now.

tsai3904
12-22-2011, 07:07 PM
On now.

InTradePro
12-22-2011, 07:17 PM
http://www.blogforiowa.com/2011/12/19/this-week-on-the-fallon-forum-ndaa-irs-caucus-ron-paul/

+Rep
Great.

harikaried
12-22-2011, 07:19 PM
He just said they'll talk about newsletters soon.

Call in: (515) 312-0983 or (866) 908-TALK

Student Of Paulism
12-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Guys, im on hold, what this talk shows host name? No idea who he is lol

harikaried
12-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Joel talks about how Ron Paul had multiple publications under his name, and reading some excerpts, they sound nothing like Ron Paul. And if you look at Ron Paul's record over 20 years, there's nothing to suggest he would write anything like that.

harikaried
12-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Guys, im on hold, what this talk shows host name? No idea who he is lolI believe it's "The Fallon Forum" hosted by Ed Fallon ??

specsaregood
12-22-2011, 07:29 PM
That guy did a great job of defusing the n-word. Stupendous job really.

lakerssuck92
12-22-2011, 07:32 PM
He doesn't want to eliminate the EPA!

icon124
12-22-2011, 07:36 PM
calling in to help people understand his eliminations of departments and what he really wants to do

on hold now...don't worry guys I got this...I will clarify completely for them in a good nice humanitarian way lol

specsaregood
12-22-2011, 07:36 PM
calling in to help people understand his eliminations of departments and what he really wants to do

on hold now...don't worry guys I got this...I will clarify completely for them in a good nice humanitarian way lol

do you know the specifics of his proposal?

DealzOnWheelz
12-22-2011, 07:37 PM
How did this turnout???

icon124
12-22-2011, 07:38 PM
do you know the specifics of his proposal?

absolutely or I wouldnt call lol

Don't worry I am not ur new type of RP supporter I'll give tons of good details.

sailingaway
12-22-2011, 07:39 PM

He does NOT want to eliminate the EPA. It isn't on the list. CONAN OBRIEN did a fake ad for Ron that had EPA in it and people got all confused because they can't tell the difference.

icon124
12-22-2011, 07:40 PM
He does NOT want to eliminate the EPA. It isn't on the list. CONAN OBRIEN did a fake ad for Ron that had EPA in it and people got all confused because they can't tell the difference.

Dude I know this...trust me I got this.

specsaregood
12-22-2011, 07:42 PM

Ok, well parks and pell grants are transferred to other departments, I dont know which though.
This will either be an epic +rep or -neg rep opportunity for you. :)

Yoddle
12-22-2011, 07:42 PM
EPA funding will be cut 30% from the 2006 budget and he isn't freezing spending like some other departments(ex. Homeland Security).

notanks52
12-22-2011, 07:47 PM
sounded a bit nervous there

notanks52
12-22-2011, 07:48 PM
who is this caller? good job you know your stuff

Great job pete!

lakerssuck92
12-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Did great...

specsaregood

Were you pete?

icon124
tried to get my points across .... kind of rushed but I got as much in as fast as I could.

Yes that was me - Pete

braane
Pete just rocked it. That guy is a legend (whoever he is).

agorist ninja
12-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Hah, Pete is on a roll today. :)

specsaregood
tried to get my points across .... kind of rushed but I got as much in as fast as I could.
Yes that was me - Pete

You did great! And got them to say they need to look into it more.

+rep!

notanks52
Pete for president 2020

PeacePlan
12-22-2011, 07:51 PM

Yes that was me - Pete

+rep great job..

Beorn
12-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Lol. "Seem to be a lot of callers from the east coast."

Good job Pete.

harikaried
12-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Caller wants to audit the fed!

harikaried
12-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Aww.. I was on hold, but they ran out of time.

PeacePlan
12-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Caller wants to audit the fed!

I think he wants more than an audit..

specsaregood
12-22-2011, 08:16 PM
I'd like to point out that Fallon is the guy that published mickelson's email exchange, revealing Mickelson to be an RP guy.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?328821-MUST-READ-Fallon-and-Mickelson-duke-it-out-on-Occupy-Wall-Street-via-email
http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2011/11/08/fallon-and-mickelson-duke-it-out-on-occupy-wall-street-via-email/

Fallon is also the guy that infamously didn't invite Dr. Paul to his "forum" back in 2007. Perhaps the first time discrimination against RP reared its head, and RP held his own townhall next door.
edit: wrong guy.

I think it would be a good idea for Paul to go on his Radio show, ASAP after christmas.

tsai3904
12-22-2011, 08:34 PM
You can listen to a replay of the show here:

http://983wowfm.com/article.asp?id=2360213&SPID=36183

sailingaway
12-22-2011, 08:40 PM
I'd like to point out that Fallon is the guy that published mickelson's email exchange, revealing Fallon to be an RP guy.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?328821-MUST-READ-Fallon-and-Mickelson-duke-it-out-on-Occupy-Wall-Street-via-email
http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2011/11/08/fallon-and-mickelson-duke-it-out-on-occupy-wall-street-via-email/

Fallon is also the guy that infamously didn't invite Dr. Paul to his "forum" back in 2007. Perhaps the first time discrimination against RP reared its head, and RP held his own townhall next door.

I think it would be a good idea for Paul to go on his Radio show, ASAP after christmas.

You mean revealing MICKELSON to be an RP guy. Fallon was arguing some kind of occupy boycott plan at the time.

socal
12-22-2011, 09:12 PM
You can listen to a replay of the show here:

http://983wowfm.com/article.asp?id=2360213&SPID=36183
Listen to Pete's call at [40:15] after downloading audio here. At the end of Pete's call, host and guest expressed puzzlement about all the calls coming from around the country and the East Coast lol.

http://rope.kwqw-fm.fimc.net/FallonForum/ff122211.mp3

BuddyRey
12-22-2011, 09:15 PM
I hope someone youtubes this also!

Nate
12-22-2011, 09:40 PM
That was a nice discussion about Ron Paul. It's really great to see some of the broad support he is developing across the political spectrum. We are not going to win this by having a majority of America become ideologically pure libertarians/paleo-conservatives overnight, we'll win this by getting people who don't agree 100% or even 50% sometimes to support Ron Paul for a variety of different reasons. Every one of them having different justifications for casting their vote in his direction. This is crucial for Paul gaining the broad support necessary to really win & another reason why Paul supporters now need to be less combative & more diplomatic in how they communicate to others. When people wouldn't pay attention to us & mocked us before we needed to be the loud ones who wouldn't shut up, called everybody out for their hypocritical BS & wouldn't "play nice" but now that WE HAVE THEIR ATTENTION lets keep it by looking like the rational adults in the room of American politics that we are. Making this country a more ideologically pure libertarian/paleo-conservative place will become the goal after winning the White House when trying to lay the groundwork for the landslide Ron Paul 2016 re-election campaign. :)

It's also just great hearing libertarian/paleo-conservative ideas being discussed at least somewhat rationally by people who at least seem to be open minded to the ideas. I've been hearing & reading discussions all over the place lately where Ron Paul's ideas are being discussed without the mocking "fringe" laced anti-intellectual dismissals. I guess that comes from the "frontrunner" status he attained with the recent Iowa & NH polls, now that he's in front people are looking at jumping on the "wining team" & finally looking for rationalization for doing so. That whole American political BS reality is finally working for us for a change, still don't like it but I'll take it.

I think this is a great opportunity for us liberty advocates to really change many people's minds over the next year or 2 as both liberals & conservatives are fed up with the status quo, recognize that a systematic fundamental change in politics is what is needed & they are for the first time in my life ready to listen to new ideas & solutions. It really is a great time to be alive, first time in my life that I've felt that the future has the possibility of being a bright one, I might need to bust out the shades. :cool:

Bruno
12-22-2011, 09:46 PM
I didn't catch you, but nice job, Pete!

Fallon has had someone on talking about Blue Republican before. I listen to his show ocasionally.. Liberal, but overall seems fair usually.

Brett85
12-22-2011, 09:51 PM

That's too bad. I wish he wanted to eliminate the EPA. That's one of the first things that needs to go.

South Park Fan
12-22-2011, 09:54 PM
That's too bad. I wish he wanted to eliminate the EPA. That's one of the first things that needs to go.

He probably does, but hasn't included it in his platform; I suppose he figures eliminating 5 departments is already pushing the limits of the Overton window.

Nate
12-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Did anybody hear him call for a knowledgeable guest to interview about the Federal Reserve? I'm going to mail this to LewRockwell.com, Mises.org & every Austrian I know. Actually since it's a "left-wing" show we probably need someone like Roderick Long or Kevin Carson to break this down for them so C4SS.org gets an email too.

specsaregood
12-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Listen to Pete's call at [40:15] after downloading audio here. At the end of Pete's call, host and guest expressed puzzlement about all the calls coming from around the country and the East Coast lol.

http://rope.kwqw-fm.fimc.net/FallonForum/ff122211.mp3

This really was a great hour of radio, from a democrat POV. I think Dr. Paul should see about going on this show.

GunnyFreedom
12-23-2011, 10:30 AM

He probably does, but hasn't included it in his platform; I suppose he figures eliminating 5 departments is already pushing the limits of the Overton window.

I'm sure he does, I'm pretty confident I've heard him talk about it before, just not very recently. I would state with a high degree of confidence that he DOES want to eliminate the EPA, he just knows that it would frighten well-meaning but largely ignorant voters.

agorist ninja
12-23-2011, 10:36 AM
The host mentioned that he would like to have a guest on to talk about the FED before the caucus takes place.

Can we get word to Tom Woods? He'd be perfect.

Can't believe the host didn't understand why the dollar has lost its value. Honestly, does he think a bottle of Coke used to cost five cents, and now costs over a dollar, simply because greedy corporations decided to drive up the price over the last 80 years? Speaks to the shocking lack of economic knowledge most people display on a daily basis.

specsaregood
12-23-2011, 10:40 AM

I think a good reasonable first step would be to cut their budget, and explicitly limit their oversight to inter-state environmental situations. That's usually where the liberal argument comes from anyways, saying why we need an EPA (because pollution goes over state lines). So let's start by taking that argument and making that the SOLE role of the EPA. Unless they can explicitly show how something effects another state, then they have no authority.

Similar to the suggestion of reducing the FDA's responsiblity to just ensuring safety and removing the efficacy role. Reduce their role and budget an get still serve what people think is necessary.

Same with the Fed: reduce the role to only battling inflation and remove the dual responsibility of handling employment.