PDA

View Full Version : No other speakers lined up?

Question_Authority
11-08-2007, 09:18 AM
I know it's probably too late now, but I can't imagine that people like Michael Badnarik, John Stossel, or any of a number of other freedom-lovers would have passed up the opportunity to speak at this rally.

It may have been hard for the grassroots to connect to some of these people, but the campaign should have some connections, no? Like Michael Scheuer maybe?

I think having a few speakers leading up to Dr Paul's speech adds excitement and prestige to the event.

Very puzzling. Anyone know what the deal is?

Sematary
11-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Ya, the campaign wanted to do a "veterans for paul" theme and decided that Michael Badnarik and others were not appropriate for this rally. They DO have other speakers but I have no idea who they are.

danda
11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
I am puzzled also. Seems like a waste.

Sematary
11-08-2007, 11:09 AM
I am puzzled also. Seems like a waste.

you think?

Nefertiti
11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Save them for a DC rally next year. I think the veteran angle is a good one to hit up as it lends itself to day-specific media coverage.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Veteran theme is good and helps establish Ron Paul as not being against the military or anything like that. I really just want to hear him speak though.

kylejack
11-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Veterans related rally, media covers it and mentions "by the way, veteran's day moneybomb planned for tomorrow...."

I think its pretty smart. I hope it pulls a million for media explosion purposes.

Mandrik
11-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Hopefully a couple veterans will stand up and talk for RP. That would be really awesome.

Question_Authority
11-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Hopefully a couple veterans will stand up and talk for RP. That would be really awesome.

Well, yeah, something like that would be fine. But traditionally at rallies like this there are additional speakers besides the main one. It stretches out the length for one thing, making it a more substantial event. Gives the media more time to interview rally-goers, etc etc etc.

Just seems logical.

BizmanUSA
11-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Ya, the campaign wanted to do a "veterans for paul" theme and decided that Michael Badnarik and others were not appropriate for this rally. They DO have other speakers but I have no idea who they are.

Appears to be another one of those SPECIAL DECISIONS by National HQ! :rolleyes:

Should have left it in the hands of the Grassroots

Sem & tmg busted their tails for months along with many other grassroots people and . . . I'm not going to hash this out again.

Just hope everything turns out good for the sake of the grassroots and RP himself.

BizmanUSA

austin356
11-09-2007, 12:36 AM
I love the idea of a Veterans theme considering the day, though they gotta get the Judge there; A rally in Philly on Independence Mall would not be the same w/o him.

Shink
11-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Can't believe they booted Badnarik. They could've just asked him to steer his speech towards how following the Constitution is one of the most patriotic ways to support the troops. Douche idea. I bet you Ron didn't ask for his staff to do that.

Nefertiti
11-09-2007, 03:48 PM
I love the idea of a Veterans theme considering the day, though they gotta get the Judge there; A rally in Philly on Independence Mall would not be the same w/o him.

We can get him for a rally in DC next year. Once we have the nomination locked up I think we really should start planning a summer rally in DC as Sematary originally suggested. We will have enough time then to get all the permissions etc.

specsaregood
11-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Last I heard, John Holland a veteran and part of a POW/MIA advocacy group would be a speaker. But that may be out of date.

DrNoZone
11-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Can't believe they booted Badnarik. They could've just asked him to steer his speech towards how following the Constitution is one of the most patriotic ways to support the troops. Douche idea. I bet you Ron didn't ask for his staff to do that.

Badnarik isn't a very good speaker, and most people have no clue who he is anyway. I'm not sure why you think he'd be such a brilliant choice.