PDA

View Full Version : Why a 100 Million Dollar Boston Tea party is doable

max
11-08-2007, 09:06 AM
This 100 million dollar projection will no doubt bring the naysayers out the woodwork, but if we dare open our eyes to the possibilities of December 16th, and work our butts off to promote it, we can make this dream become a reality.

Laugh all you want, but if someone had told me 6 months ago that this obscure Congressman - blacked out by the media - who started with just $10,000 and an apartment office......would raise 4.3 in one day ...who would have believed that?

For those who scoff at 100 Million Dollar Boston Tea Party, here's what you are not seeing.

1. We are in Multi Level Marketing mode now. The growth rate after this Nov 5th bomb is EXPONENTIAL. Boston Tea Party wont be 4.3 + x....It will be 4.3 x X.

2. $20,000 of the 38,000 Nov 5th Donors were virgins. They'll be back
3. A tiny, tiny fraction of RP donors are maxed out. They'll be back
4. We have 6 weeks to save money while promoting this into a national Tea party. This is the key for us. We have to market this thing as a chance for the disaffeceted masses to be part of history.
5. The fence sitters....those 500,000 people who actually voted Libertarian in 1988 for RP but havent donated are out there. The MILLIONS who like him but held back because they didnt think he could win are out there. Everyone of these folks can be gotten to if we play this right.

If you think about it, as successful as November 5th was....it was essentially planned on the fly without ANY public outreach...and without any time for our small donors to save up for the event. What if we were to make the marketing build up to this National Party so intense that people just want to get in on it for the fun of it? RP is a household name now.

There are about 150,000,000 people with credit cards and Internet access in this massive nation of ours. If we work hard enough in these next 6 weeks, we need to only reach 1 out 150. 70% of the country is anti-war and about 90% think politicians are crooks. This is their chance to send a great Big "Up Yours" to the ruling class. We are sitting on a goldmine if we dare to open our eyes and dream...and act!

Pimp this thing hard and lets use the media. This willl take on a life of its own. Naysayers and pessimists shut up.

kylejack
11-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Get serious.

dsentell
11-08-2007, 09:11 AM
I have all the optimism in the world -- but ................

max
11-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Get serious.

i'm dead serious...

The first step is to believe

Mortikhi
11-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Let's say a $1 million money bomb is doable and then be SHOCKED when the bomb is much greater.

tnvoter
11-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Let's say a $1 million money bomb is doable and then be SHOCKED when the bomb is much greater.

10 million is doable.

Only 1.9% of Ron Paul's donors have maxed out. If he's only earned 7 million this quarter, and that's 2 percent of the possible, then guess what the possibilities are? Much, much, higher than you think.

Don't set the bar low, keep it high Sirs.

thomj76
11-08-2007, 09:29 AM
1st is Veterans day...

www.thisnovember11th.com

kylejack
11-08-2007, 09:30 AM
1st is Veterans day...

www.thisnovember11th.com

Yep, if we can get just $1 million on the 11th, we'll make a nice echo story in various media outlets.

Delivered4000
11-08-2007, 09:32 AM
If we can get another 4.3 mill that'd be great

kylejack
11-08-2007, 09:34 AM
If we can get another 4.3 mill that'd be great

Yeah, I think we might face a little exhaustion, though. I think many gave all they could afford on the Fifth. After a few paychecks we'll be fully operational again.

improv241
11-08-2007, 09:39 AM
how about...

We can get this Tea Party HUGE. Anyone making shirts about this yet? We could market this like crazy and beat out the 4.3 mil we already raised. With this much time and the amount of coverage we've gotten...it should be cake

monotony
11-08-2007, 09:40 AM
When the campaign made a goal of 500k in a week, I was skeptical. After we reached it in 3 days, and they bumped it up to a million, I was again skeptical that it could be done.

After that great week, the campaign set a goal of 12 million for the quarter. I was once again skeptical, especially after the first few weeks.

I thought Nov 5th would bring in about 2 million, and we doubled it. I thought after Nov 5th the donations would slow to a crawl b/c everyone would be tapped out, and we had another 350k come in.

I expect 10million from the Boston Tea Party, and over 20 million for the quarter. 100 million? I doubt it, but then again my skepticism has grown weary... ;)

silverhandorder
11-08-2007, 09:43 AM
I have only donated 250$ so far. If everything goes well I will double that by Dec 16th and donate 500$ in one day.

mavtek
11-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Come on $100 million? Get real! Seriously we should be very happy with a November 5th like haul. I think realistically we should hope for a $15 million quarter. Which will be outstanding!!

Lets not get our hopes up here, I say we shoot for $10 million like we did with november 5th, and this time we try everything in our power to get it. Lets also not forget this campaign isn't about getting money, it's about getting Ron Paul elected.

DeadheadForPaul
11-08-2007, 09:56 AM
If we want to be realistic, the best goal to set would be to beat the November 5th Fundraiser. A lot of people maxed out (either legally or personally) on the 5th. 4.3 million was an INCREDIBLE amount to raise, so I say let's set the bar at breaking 4.3 million. We dont even know if RonPaul2008.com can even handle processing more, do we?

Adamsa
11-08-2007, 10:03 AM
100 million, thats a no no, 50 million is even a no no. I'd say 20 is something we should be hyping though.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Please remember the adage...

UNDER PROMISE and OVER DELIVER.

Mortikhi
11-08-2007, 10:19 AM

Seconded

mtbaird5687
11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Lets not set a huge goal. I've had people say to me that the money bomb actually failed because we failed to meet the goal set ($100million).

seapilot
11-08-2007, 10:37 AM
we have been doubling everything as this campaign goes on I say 8 million is a realistic goal. 100 million might be doable if it takes 500 FRN to buy a gallon of gas.

Zydeco
11-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I like your style Max, but $100 mil is too high.

I think $10 mil is an obvious and reachable goal, though, considering how many new donors we got on and after 11/5. And I wouldn't not be too shocked to see us bring in $15m.

parke
11-08-2007, 10:45 AM

Its much smarter to go for a goal that we can achieve without 'sounding' overblown. If we set a goal and pass it by leaps and bounds, everyone involved feels like they win.

Chester Copperpot
I agree with people that $100 Million is too high a goal to set, but Max is right in that we have to stretch our imagination if we are ever going to get there. When the november 5th people set a goal for $10 million I thought they were crazy..

100,000 people??? crazy... but look they got 40% of their goal.

so who cares if we set a goal of $100 million and get only 40%... could you imagine $40 million being raised in ONE DAY???

I think everybody else would just drop out of the race overnight.

Im not kidding... Romney and Rudy would drop out overnight.. no doubt.

the democrats would be like WTF??

We have a chance with the Tea Party to have the MSM actually help us.. If they help promote this we'll have a lot of exposure from non-supporters too..

I SAY GO FOR $100 MILLION!

troyd1
Why not $200 million and end the primary campaign before it begins! Actually, although overly optimistic, I too think it could happen. I just converted 2 last night. They had never even heard of Ron Paul. I told them about him and what he stands for and they were very excited. I think the thing that always gets them is when I tell them (and this is true) that it is nice to finally have a candidate that I can support instead of voting for the lesser of 2 evils. I was in a local establishment and for some reason they had a sticker that supposedly Ron has on his desk which says "don't steal, the government does not like competition". It made a great introductory talking point. Whatever the total is, it will be great. It would be pretty cool though to have more money than Hillary or anybody. How about more than all the rest put together all from individuals and not from the special interests!

Chester Copperpot
11-08-2007, 10:52 AM
I corrected a guy last night.. He thought the country went crazy because Ron Paul is getting more money than anybody "AND HE BELIEVES 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB."

I said, "No he doesnt. Where did you hear that from?"

He said, "It was on Fox News along time ago."

I said, "Yes, it was, then they retracted it."
I told him Ron Paul doesnt believe that and he never said it. All RP said was that he doesnt trust govt to investigate itself because theyll try to coverup their mistakes.

The guy still says he likes Rudy... But being a typical *voter* he is certainly not going to vote for Rudy in the primary.. and of course he WOULD vote for Ron Paul against Hillary..

whatever..

dsentell
11-08-2007, 10:53 AM

I agree wholeheartedly! The figure should be challenging, but not overwhelming. There will be those who will laugh at us if we call for $100 mill and then bring in $6 mill.

Chester Copperpot
11-08-2007, 10:54 AM
I say $100 MILLION BOSTON TEA PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Chester Copperpot
11-08-2007, 10:55 AM
I agree wholeheartedly! The figure should be challenging, but not overwhelming. There will be those who will laugh at us if we call for $100 mill and then bring in $6 mill.

allright well lets just pick something already.. i wanna see RP get $10 million in one day before the qtr is out

Chester Copperpot
11-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Everybody Should Max Out For The Tea Party (or At Least As Close As Possible)

tnvoter
11-08-2007, 11:02 AM

No, I disagree on the premise we shot for 10million on Nov5, if we had not shot so high, we may had not gotten 4.3, and we still got media.

Pete
11-08-2007, 11:05 AM
When the campaign made a goal of 500k in a week, I was skeptical. After we reached it in 3 days, and they bumped it up to a million, I was again skeptical that it could be done.

After that great week, the campaign set a goal of 12 million for the quarter. I was once again skeptical, especially after the first few weeks.

I thought Nov 5th would bring in about 2 million, and we doubled it. I thought after Nov 5th the donations would slow to a crawl b/c everyone would be tapped out, and we had another 350k come in.

I expect 10million from the Boston Tea Party, and over 20 million for the quarter. 100 million? I doubt it, but then again my skepticism has grown weary... ;)

Your perceptions have been, and are, EXACTLY the same as mine. And I understand what the OP is saying, too, that the sky's the limit. Look at how our federal and state governments toss these BILLIONS around!

That being said, I would like to see the official goal for the Tea Party be $7 million, i.e., to set a new fundraising record.

Also, I don't like the idea of the Tea Party being a 2-day event. Let it be the 16th.

Gimme Some Truth
11-08-2007, 11:08 AM
The whole point of a goal is to set it high but reachable. Otherwise its a waste of time and serves a negative purpose.

We should just be happy with growth.

50mill in 1 day is crazy... 100mill is just stupid (no offense)

10mill is a decent goal. If it were to be reached thatd probably mean 20mill + for the quarter. An UNBELIEVABLE growth and he'd be treated as top tier ,even by those that have been ignoring him. IMO 20mill + would mean he'd be the Rep Nominee and then obviously the next POTUS. Hillary would have no chance against him

Stay realistic

jpa
11-08-2007, 11:13 AM
nov 5th goal was 10 million.. Everyone laughed, we made 4.2 million.

This crazy guy says 100 million, does that mean it will raise 42 million?

(personally, I think 10 million would be epic. It gets a lot harder the higher the numbers go)

fletcher
11-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Yea, 100 million dollars is doable. And 9/11 was an inside job. :rolleyes:

cradle2graveconservative
11-08-2007, 11:14 AM
I like this one ^^

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=5027

troyd1
11-08-2007, 11:14 AM
All I know is Ron's staff better be getting the credit card processing servers beefed up. They are going to be humming.

Isupportliberty
11-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Also, I don't like the idea of the Tea Party being a 2-day event. Let it be the 16th.

It is pretty established that the money bomb portion (ie the Tea Party) will only be happening on the 16th. The 15th is for grassroots efforts such as sign wavings, canvasing, rallies, etc.

Brinck Slattery
11-08-2007, 11:20 AM
I think we should shoot for 20 million. Anything bigger than Nov. 5th will make news, and if we make 7 million plus, it'll be groundbreaking. Shooting for 100 million is like a fat guy claiming he's going to run a 4.4 40 yard dash. Not gonna happen.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 11:21 AM
It is pretty established that the money bomb portion (ie the Tea Party) will only be happening on the 16th. The 15th is for grassroots efforts such as sign wavings, canvasing, rallies, etc.

Yet, I have already heard people on the radio suggesting people donate on the 15th AND 16th.

Chester Copperpot
11-08-2007, 11:21 AM
I think we should shoot for 20 million. Anything bigger than Nov. 5th will make news, and if we make 7 million plus, it'll be groundbreaking. Shooting for 100 million is like a fat guy claiming he's going to run a 4.4 40 yard dash. Not gonna happen.

OKay fair enough.. $20 million is a good compromise.. do i hear $25 million???

going once...

ksuguy
11-08-2007, 11:22 AM
100 million would be great, but I think that is way too high. Honestly I would be happy if we just beat our November 5th total.

jmdrake
11-08-2007, 11:24 AM

That adage doesn't fit in this scenario. We didn't reach the 10 million dollar goal, but we got a TON of press over the 4.2 million. Do you really think we would have gotten as much press if the goal had been 500K and we reached 800K? None of the media reporting that I've seen so far has made mention of the fact that the original 10 million dollar goal for the 5th of November was too high. Personally I think a 100 million dollar goal is nuts. But when Dr. Paul shot for 1 million in a week I thought that was nuts too.

Regards,

John M. Drake

shepburn
11-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I say shoot for $100 Million! Getting $$$'s is easy then getting votes! Then with $$$ we'll bring in the votes!

We should have a big dramatic Boston Tea Party reenactment. We could all buy boxes of grounded tea and one by one dump it into the harbor! With big media attention, we could sweep up the nation into a frenzee!

also ... who would care if we ended up short?!? Reaching goals isn't the point, besides we could always point to the fact that we blew out our orginial goal of a paultry $12M

LFOD
11-08-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure it's the stated goal that is the big determining factor. I think it's other things - the meanings associated with the particular day, the excitement of watching the pledges go up... in this case there will probably be an added boost of people wanting to be a part of this, having missed the Nov. 5 splash...

I like the idea of pushing $100 or "ALL IN" - emphasizing the urgency to make this one HUGE. I'm personally going to actually put in all I can afford on that day. I'm going for broke on this one.

And then we'll just have to sit back and see how the chips fall - might be a mountain, it might just be a nice pile - I'm happy either way.

Don't forget the 11th - it'll be a nice "aftershock" to the 5th.

shepburn
11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
I love the idea of "All In". The poker reference is Perfect for our demographic.

Also I think we need to get the official campaign behind the "Boston Tea Party" reenactment.
We should reserve our location on the harbor right now.

Perhaps we could rent the original ship that sits there in the port!

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 11:29 AM
That adage doesn't fit in this scenario. We didn't reach the 10 million dollar goal, but we got a TON of press over the 4.2 million. Do you really think we would have gotten as much press if the goal had been 500K and we reached 800K? None of the media reporting that I've seen so far has made mention of the fact that the original 10 million dollar goal for the 5th of November was too high. Personally I think a 100 million dollar goal is nuts. But when Dr. Paul shot for 1 million in a week I thought that was nuts too.

Regards,

John M. Drake

John, I don't think the upper limit deters people from donating. Remember the last week of the quarter. The goal was 500K and we raised over a million.

That said, I firmly believe the goal should be challenging, but it also should be within reach. I think 10 million is that number. If by some miracle, we raised more than that, well, the press would be even more astounded that we not only reached our very lofty goal, but blew the top off of it.

amonasro
11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I say 10 million is doable. Even that amount (while not 100 million) will catapult RP into the top tier.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-08-2007, 11:37 AM
I'd say to shoot for $7 Million to beat all records. Anything beyond that is gravy. Certainly for the 16th only.

dsentell
11-08-2007, 11:38 AM
That said, I firmly believe the goal should be challenging, but it also should be within reach. I think 10 million is that number. If by some miracle, we raised more than that, well, the press would be even more astounded that we not only reached our very lofty goal, but blew the top off of it.

Agreed!

K1RBY
11-08-2007, 11:45 AM
10M will be easy. i think we should expect no less than 10M

blamx8
11-08-2007, 11:47 AM
A billion from Boston!

I know, I know. I'm just kidding :D

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 11:48 AM
We'd better get everything finalized and get to marketing it then. :)

"Remember, remember the 5th of November" was a way neat slogan. Would it be good to come up with a slogan for the Boston Tea Party fundraiser?

blamx8
11-08-2007, 11:50 AM
I like the OP's point, and while the stated goal of 10 mil is accomplishable we should work our butts off like we're after the 100m.

shepburn
11-08-2007, 11:54 AM
who cares about reaching the goal?

let's set the framework for an outragous display of contempt! We should have a live reenactment of the Boston Tea Party. We raised $4.2M with a effort that only took off in a matter of two weeks, with no official support.
December 16th is 5+ weeks away so the exponential growth factor could be off the charts. We already have much more noteriety, respect, and viability. Plus, if we could get official HQ support, we can accomplish anything! Remember we have WAY more ACTUAL donors (or potential donors) than any other candidate in the race.

FreeTraveler
11-08-2007, 12:02 PM
who cares about reaching the goal?

Plus, if we could get official HQ support, we can accomplish anything!

NO, NO, NO! If, in some way, shape, or form, there are problems, official HQ needs "plausible deniability". This is too large a project for them to end up as anything but scapegoats, anyway. Central planning is always a failure, and the bigger the project, the more decentralized it has to be.

Dr. Paul's treatment of the Fifth of November was ideal. It's great to have them recognize it's coming, and if they want to contribute, say, flyers to the cause, that would be fine, but this should not become an official event.

dfalken
11-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Not sure about 100 million but I do think most of us here will be surprised assuming that the Ron Paul servers can hold up to the traffic. I fully agree it won't be 4.3 + X instead it will be 4.3 x X...I could see 20 million easily as November 5th is the first real mainstream push for this campaign. A lot of people that had never heard of the Dr. now know who he is. Check the spike in Google traffic this should be a clue. I also think the polls will be showing him in double digits very soon.

smtwngrl
11-08-2007, 12:08 PM

Well, maybe not. ;) Maybe the real adage is "Set your goals high, and then stretch to reach them."

(At the start of the quarter, 12 million seemed high.....but now, it seems unlikely that we will do less than that.)

smtwngrl
11-08-2007, 12:14 PM
We should have a big dramatic Boston Tea Party reenactment. We could all buy boxes of grounded tea and one by one dump it into the harbor! With big media attention, we could sweep up the nation into a frenzee!

We might not gain the environmentalist vote that way, though. :D

shepburn
11-08-2007, 12:16 PM
NO, NO, NO! If, in some way, shape, or form, there are problems, official HQ needs "plausible deniability". This is too large a project for them to end up as anything but scapegoats, anyway. Central planning is always a failure, and the bigger the project, the more decentralized it has to be.

Dr. Paul's treatment of the Fifth of November was ideal. It's great to have them recognize it's coming, and if they want to contribute, say, flyers to the cause, that would be fine, but this should not become an official event.

I hear you about central planning always being a failure. I also agree in that I don't think HQ should organize the fundraising. We need our own website, which I think we already have. However, I do think HQ could arrange Dr. Paul to speak at a rally on Dec 16 at Boston Harbor (and still maintain plausible deniability as the rally would be a separte function then the fundraising effort itself). We could all dump tea into the Harbor as a peacefully symbol of our protest to the destruction of our Constitution. This would give the media a photo opp to put with the article on how we raised $XX+ Million

FreeTraveler
11-08-2007, 12:23 PM
We could all dump tea into the Harbor as a peacefully symbol of our protest to the destruction of our Constitution. This would give the media a photo opp to put with the article on how we raised $XX+ Million

There are probably lots of environmental and legal implications with dumping tea in the harbor. How about Dr. Paul making a speech, then throwing a single teabag into the harbor with some appropriate statement:

That's all the tea that was left after the gov't took its share. :D

shepburn
11-08-2007, 12:33 PM
There are probably lots of environmental and legal implications with dumping tea in the harbor. How about Dr. Paul making a speech, then throwing a single teabag into the harbor with some appropriate statement:

That's all the tea that was left after the gov't took its share. :D

are you kidding me? Well we'll get Herbal all-natural Tea! lol :D

but seriously ... we need something dramatic, historical, well known, yet positive that will que the people with the proper perspective to have about this movement.

Man from La Mancha
11-08-2007, 12:33 PM
YES WE CAN

Whats with you people, are you afraid of failing, are you so programed in school you have to reach a goal to make you feel good. Is your self worth based on touching the celling or can it handle the stars. Ron HQ has nothing to do with this. I'm glad Max has seen the light. MAKEI IT $100 MILLION. Have the news media ridicule us , have the other candidates ridicule us, have the world know we are cook eyed optimists, the PR we generate from this so called "stupid unattainable goal"will get the freedom lovers of the country and the world united. This money is our Guy F. masks. It's only 1 million people and we just have tho get them. If this challenge is to daunting to try for maybe we should go back in the basement, but if your anything like me you won't let them take our freedom but do this. It would be our Real Boston TEA Party. I suspect it wasn't only tea the colonists were throwing over, so money is the thing that is most understood by the ruling elite, this is how to say no we ain't going to take it. Have a dream and make it come true. Besides Ron will need better security and he needs the funds to do that so if you value Ron , THIS IS DOABLE

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2926/brighton5mj7.gif (teaparty07.com)

Spanish for Ron
11-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Aim for 100. If we contact the mainstream media and inform we are preparing for such a crazy number, they will make a really big deal out of it, and help everyone know about it and join it.

But to make it credible, we must make a lot of noise till then. T-shirts, signs, hundreds of well made youtubes (aravoth? eliberty? xD).

What if we under-deliver? Do you think 20 millions would be seen as a failure by anyone? This must be the most important thing in this campaign, and after november the 5th (4 millions without msm colaborating) anything is possible.

So I say aim for a crazy number.

max
11-08-2007, 01:26 PM
You guys are missing my point...of course..100 million from the existing donor base is unrealistic...(although that alone should get us a 10 million headstart)

what I'm talking about is a national day of protest...an appeal to EVERY american to send a message...on the day of a well known American event 9as opposed to Guy Fawkes day)

Nov 5th happened with nobody but us knowing in advance...I'm talking about marketing campaigns that will ensure that EVERY American at least knows in advance that something historical is about to happen...

If we achieve the "pre-marketing" goal....the rest will ignite...

as far as "overpromisng and underdelivering"....I doubt anyone is going to spin anything in the 7 digits as a "failure"...LOL

The BOLD brash 100 million dollar claim in and of itself will get the masses juiced up..

We must concentrate on 5 weeks of non stop PR and build up....

If we play this right...can you imagine what would happen if the media starts talking about the Boston Tea party BEFORE it actually happens?

CONCEIVE>>>>BELIEVE>>>and ACHIEVE...

Money from:

*Doctors fed up with lawsuits will support one of their own
*Gun owners who gave MILLIONS to the NRA and were sold out
*People against the war (70% of America!)
*Business owners fed up with high taxes and regulations
*Non political types who for the first time have someone they can believe in
*Ordinary people who just want to get in on the fun....

100 MILLION is out there...it's just a question of how well we market it. We need to start funding PACS to run newspaper ads and TV/radio spots....we need to post the tea party website all over Craigslist.com...

We need to start asking friends and family for pledges TODAY and call them on the Big Day..

If we do this in advance...the media gossip hounds cant help but inadvertantly add to the frenzy..

Even though the media is biased...this 100 million dollar push is too big a story to ignore..

I am not "crazy"...I'm just seeing things yall arent imagining...

GET BUSY PIMPING THE BOSTON TEA PARTY to new blood

Gimme Some Truth
11-08-2007, 01:27 PM
YES WE CAN

Whats with you people, are you afraid of failing, are you so programed in school you have to reach a goal to make you feel good. Is your self worth based on touching the celling or can it handle the stars.

No, we just have a head on our shoulders.

100mill isnt up amongst the stars. Its up in cloud cuckoo land.

Of course, you have every right to be up there :)

Man from La Mancha
11-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Of course, you have every right to be up there :)All ready for King George to wack off:)

Man from La Mancha
11-08-2007, 01:52 PM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1539/bostonteaparty15gn5azq9.jpg

LFOD
11-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Ok now hang on a sec. Last night I was thinking, man wouldn't $10M in ONE DAY be freaking unbelievable!? YES! That's plenty juicy enough to achieve! And it ain't guaranteed either! If we hit $10M in one day, that ought to be PLENTY to blow EVERYONE's mind. Utterly unprecidented.

This $100M stuff is just too much for me. It's like saying, "man, now that we've put a human being into orbit ($4M), wouldn't it be something to put a man on the moon ($10M)? No, wait, the moon is guaranteed, let's send a colony to Alpha Centauri ($100M)."

max
11-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Ok now hang on a sec. Last night I was thinking, man wouldn't $10M in ONE DAY be freaking unbelievable!? YES! That's plenty juicy enough to achieve! And it ain't guaranteed either! If we hit $10M in one day, that ought to be PLENTY to blow EVERYONE's mind. Utterly unprecidented.

This $100M stuff is just too much for me. It's like saying, "man, now that we've put a human being into orbit ($4M), wouldn't it be something to put a man on the moon ($10M)? No, wait, the moon is guaranteed, let's send a colony to Alpha Centauri ($100M)."

You are limiting your imagination to the existing donor base .....Think about reaching the masses with this fun and exciting historical event..

If word of this gets out......ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

LFOD
11-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Question - does anyone know what HQ has planned for Ron Paul on the 15th and 16th? A rally in Boston would be REALLY cool. Is there any kind of grassroots... "liason" or something that can act as a go-between HQ and the grassroots network? Not a "manager" or "coordinator" that's for sure - that'd be like herding cats. We're proving we don't need management. But some kind of "channel of communication" would really be great, I think.

LFOD
11-08-2007, 02:03 PM
You are limiting your imagination to the existing donor base .....Think about reaching the masses with this fun and exciting historical event..

If word of this gets out......ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Practically speaking, what are we talking about here? Posting a stated goal on the teaparty07 website or what?

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Seriously guys, the website handled 4.3 million fairly well, but ronpaulgraphs didn't. If we break the official donation site I don't think that would be an overly good thing. While it could be positive news on one hand(so many people gave that they took down a website), I think it would be fairly negative for those wishing to donate(website doesn't work. What kind of two bit campaign is this?). While I don't think ANYONE is saying we shouldn't get 100M in a day, I think we need to be a bit more responsible as to what we put out. If you put out too high a number to shoot for, people WILL be turned off by it. "Well, I was going to donate, but 100 Million? They're crazy."

Visual
11-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Seriously guys, the website handled 4.3 million fairly well, but ronpaulgraphs didn't. If we break the official donation site I don't think that would be an overly good thing. While it could be positive news on one hand(so many people gave that they took down a website), I think it would be fairly negative for those wishing to donate(website doesn't work. What kind of two bit campaign is this?). While I don't think ANYONE is saying we shouldn't get 100M in a day, I think we need to be a bit more responsible as to what we put out. If you put out too high a number to shoot for, people WILL be turned off by it. "Well, I was going to donate, but 100 Million? They're crazy."

Yep.

Also your use of the figure of 1.9% maxed out is relative to the legal amount of donation which is 2300 dollars. That isn't the figure of people that have maxed out their budget by donating. I'd assume that of past donors that there is a good 10 percent who have already met their max donations and probably even more than that. That dosen't mean we can't hit another record though. We will be able to get more donors from this recent coverage by media.

shepburn
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM

Of course, you have every right to be up there :)

You simply don't get it. Actually achieving $100M isn't the point. The goal is set this high just to get everyone in the proper frame of mind. If we are to truely win this Revolution we need to be have the boldest of dreams. All former benchmarks need to be a thing of the past.

Man from La Mancha
11-08-2007, 02:27 PM
http://blog.cleveland.com/entertainment/2007/09/large_jerry.jpg
Jerry Lewis is overcome with emotion as he ends his 42nd Annual Labor Day Telethon with a record $63.7 million in donations and pledges

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 02:34 PM
http://blog.cleveland.com/entertainment/2007/09/large_jerry.jpg
Jerry Lewis is overcome with emotion as he ends his 42nd Annual Labor Day Telethon with a record $63.7 million in donations and pledges

And that's a 24 hour TELEVISED event on ALOT of channels.

SovereignMN
11-08-2007, 02:38 PM
I think stating a goal of $20M is about right. If you reach it, FABULOUS. If you fall 50% short then you've still brought in $10M and continued to pave new ground.

Gimme Some Truth
11-08-2007, 04:10 PM
You simply don't get it. Actually achieving $100M isn't the point. The goal is set this high just to get everyone in the proper frame of mind. If we are to truely win this Revolution we need to be have the boldest of dreams. All former benchmarks need to be a thing of the past.

No i get it alright. Your actin like 10million in 24 hours isnt AMAZING :confused:

If 10mill aint enough for ya, then go for 13mill (1 for every colony) or 20mill but 100 freaking million!? lol Im a diehard Ron fan for over 7 years and iv seen and heard all the ridicule , smearing etc but this is like bending over , pullin your pants down and smearing ,i dunno.. , baby lotion or somethin on your ass :eek:

Not that whatever the MSM says effects me , but even i can barely keep myself from ridiculing it. We set a goal of 10mill and got 4mill (a great achievement) ...anyway, like i said, 100mill is silly even if you only state it to get publicity . For me, Ron Paul doesnt need to be laughed at by the MSM anymore than he already does...especially since they are beginning to take him seriously. We're tryin to be labelled as a serious campaign now, not a deluded campaign. Again, the MSM doesnt effect me, but there are plenty of sheep out-there that basically think ,and do, what the MSM says.

Anyway, if you wanna spread the 100million thing go ahead :) You're free to do what you like. I just wouldnt advice this 'target' to be the "official money bomb target"

austin356
11-08-2007, 04:27 PM
$13,234,000 goal please.

^What Truth said is true.

adwads
11-08-2007, 04:28 PM
$100 million seems high, but then again, Hillary Clinton right now has $50 million cash on hand. It seems like we should be able to get people more excited about Ron Paul than they are about Hillary Clinton.

Man from La Mancha
11-08-2007, 04:34 PM
And that's a 24 hour TELEVISED event on ALOT of channels.
And why can't we get a televised 24hr infomercial like thing started? With entertainment and stuff.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2926/brighton5mj7.gif (teaparty07.com)

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Since the forums were just on CNN, I'm just waiting for a reporter to get ahold of this thread so that we can be ridiculed. "$100 Million? Haha, what whackos"

shepburn
11-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Since the forums were just on CNN, I'm just waiting for a reporter to get ahold of this thread so that we can be ridiculed. "$100 Million? Haha, what whackos"

whatever ... let them ridicule us. Aren't we used to that yet?

max
11-08-2007, 04:52 PM
make this video clip go viral on the internet and we WILL get 100 million bucks!

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=oG_OwTthS-E&eurl=http%3A//webmail.aol.com/31361/aol/en-us/Mail/DisplayMessage.aspx&iurl=http%3A//img.youtube.com/vi/oG_OwTthS-E/default.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskKdhYLZIhL68589nPmoZake&&rel=1&border=0

LukeNM
11-08-2007, 04:57 PM
I say, we keep these money bombs at $10M until we exceed that amount. Save the bigger numbers for the General Election. $100M would be discouraging to a lot of people and way beyond reality in my opinion. I really like this saying.

"Promise Less and Deliver More"

and keep this the 16th only to capture the one day (24 hour) donation record…

Man from La Mancha
11-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I say, we keep these money bombs at $10M until we exceed that amount. Save the bigger numbers for the General Election. $100M would be discouraging to a lot of people and way beyond reality in my opinion. I really like this saying.

"Promise Less and Deliver More"

and keep this the 16th only to capture the one day (24 hour) donation record…
There will be no general election if Ron doesn't make it now. If fact I think it will be easier to beat Hillary that our own GOP.

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Used to it yes. I don't think we've ever really ASKED for it like this.

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 05:15 PM
There will be no general election if Ron doesn't make it now. If fact I think it will be easier to beat Hillary that our own GOP.

Well we agree on one thing. I would actually state it as the following: Ron Paul vs ANY of the other Republican/Democrat candidates currently running = Ron Paul win.

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 05:24 PM
http://www.thoughtbombing.org --- The G.O.P. Faces a Ticking Time Bomb situation.

shepburn
11-08-2007, 05:33 PM
$100 M is the right order of Magnitude we need to focus on.

Anything less seems like business as usual. Remember our Media exposure has gone up by a factor of 20. Thus our donations should too. Let's not forget about the how many new supporters we'll garnish with the new commericals we'll now be able to air!!

Think of it this way, you will only have to give the same $100 either way. Don't be intimidated by the rEVOLutionary number of $100M. I'm sure there are 1 Million freedom loving American's left in this country.

Man from La Mancha
11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
http://www.thoughtbombing.org --- The G.O.P. Faces a Ticking Time Bomb situation.Welcome aboard. What is the price of that ad in the NY times like that?

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Welcome aboard. What is the price of that ad in the NY times like that?

$64,575 is what Giuliani paid. Normally it's 140k, but if they don't give us the same rate, they have violated Mccain-Feingold... glad they didn't fix that yet :cool:

Either way, it's worldwide distribution. Also, it'll be a Ron Paul weekend on the Sunday talk shows... then on Monday they'll be talking about the Bomb that dropped on Sunday... then on Tuesday, they'll be talking about the 3rd attack.

All with Ron Paul sitting in his underwear on the edge of his couch, flipping through the TV channels and watching the totals roll in. Can you think of anyone who deserves it more?

aravoth
11-08-2007, 05:44 PM
We'd better get everything finalized and get to marketing it then. :)

"Remember, remember the 5th of November" was a way neat slogan. Would it be good to come up with a slogan for the Boston Tea Party fundraiser?

"Teabag the Competition"

:eek:

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
"Teabag the Competition"

RETURN TO SPENDER!

shepburn
11-08-2007, 06:35 PM
"Teabag the Competition"

Avaroth .... much respect to you my friend ... but

NO, NO, NO!

lol, though!

shepburn
11-08-2007, 06:50 PM
$64,575 is what Giuliani paid. Normally it's 140k, but if they don't give us the same rate, they have violated Mccain-Feingold... glad they didn't fix that yet :cool:

Either way, it's worldwide distribution. Also, it'll be a Ron Paul weekend on the Sunday talk shows... then on Monday they'll be talking about the Bomb that dropped on Sunday... then on Tuesday, they'll be talking about the 3rd attack.

All with Ron Paul sitting in his underwear on the edge of his couch, flipping through the TV channels and watching the totals roll in. Can you think of anyone who deserves it more?

classic post!

yaz
11-08-2007, 10:53 PM
10 million is doable.

Only 1.9% of Ron Paul's donors have maxed out. If he's only earned 7 million this quarter, and that's 2 percent of the possible, then guess what the possibilities are? Much, much, higher than you think.

Don't set the bar low, keep it high Sirs.

As a graduate of the Leadership Institute, trust me, setting the bar lower is a lot better in the political world and so much better when you surpass it. Leave the bar at $1 million. It made it look like we failed on the last money bomb in some way because the bar was set at $10 million. It would have looked better setting the bar at $1 million there. We still need to get as many people as possible though.

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 10:56 PM

Don't forget... he'll be eating chocolate chip cookies while he's watching :D

Man from La Mancha
11-08-2007, 11:04 PM
As a graduate of the Leadership Institute, trust me, setting the bar lower is a lot better in the political world and so much better when you surpass it. Leave the bar at $1 million. It made it look like we failed on the last money bomb in some way because the bar was set at $10 million. It would have looked better setting the bar at $1 million there. We still need to get as many people as possible though.

All I heard that they were astounded at the 4.3 mil, hardly no mentioned of the 10 mill.
$100 mil for the yr if that makes you feel better, only 85mil to go..

Pete
11-08-2007, 11:11 PM
It looks like we have a consensus that $10 million is doable, so how about that as a goal?

As the campaign goes along, we can crank it up.

I could really get behind a $100 million bomb for after Dr. Paul wins the nomination.

FluxCapacitor
11-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Most donation drives go up to ten million. This one goes to eleven.

LukeNM
11-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Follow the example the campaign set. They started out at $500K then raised it to $1M, we gave them $1.2M and made them look great!

austin356
11-09-2007, 12:49 AM
13 million goal

FluxCapacitor
11-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Seriously, the Spinal Tap reference would be very well received. Imagine the conversation.

"Hey, remember that Ron Paul donation drive that raised 4.2 million? Well, we're doing it again. Want to be part of it? We're going to raise 11 million this time."

"Why not 10?"

"Well, this donation day goes one more, one further. This one goes to 11."

Edward
11-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Most donation drives go up to ten million. This one goes to eleven.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhVWJgIzftE

Man from La Mancha
11-09-2007, 01:26 AM
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6715/brighton3oe3.gif (teaparty07.com) ................ http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2926/brighton5mj7.gif (teaparty07.com)

CelestialRender
11-09-2007, 02:15 AM
We set the goal for $10 million on 11/5, and we didn't hit it, but that doesn't seem to have detracted at all from the victory.

IMO, we should set the goal somewhere between $10 & $25 million and just see what this baby can do.

Honestly, the $100 million would be doable as well, but only if all of us were financially sound enough to cough up $2000 each...I've got unpaid student loans, a maxed out credit card, and a single-digit hourly wage personally. : P

Man from La Mancha
11-09-2007, 02:33 AM
We set the goal for $10 million on 11/5, and we didn't hit it, but that doesn't seem to have detracted at all from the victory.

IMO, we should set the goal somewhere between $10 & $25 million and just see what this baby can do.

Honestly, the $100 million would be doable as well, but only if all of us were financially sound enough to cough up $2000 each...I've got unpaid student loans, a maxed out credit card, and a single-digit hourly wage personally. : PFind 1 million people x $100 = $100 million:)

Doesn't one think tha out of 212 million internet users in the US that we can't reach 1 million?
2007 USA Internet users
301,967,681..population USA
212,080,135...internet users
70.2 %
Nielsen//NetRatings

Jobarra
11-09-2007, 03:00 AM
Seriously, the Spinal Tap reference would be very well received. Imagine the conversation.

"Hey, remember that Ron Paul donation drive that raised 4.2 million? Well, we're doing it again. Want to be part of it? We're going to raise 11 million this time."

"Why not 10?"

"Well, this donation day goes one more, one further. This one goes to 11."
I think that's actually a brilliant idea :D Would be awesome if we could get Christopher Guest to reprise the role in a short 30 second spot :P

Although the idea of $1M for each of the original 13 colonies is probably a better symbol for the day overall. THe $100M thing is just going to hurt the fundraiser.

NewEnd
11-09-2007, 03:26 AM
I say 10 million is doable. Even that amount (while not 100 million) will catapult RP into the top tier.

I just want to point out, that November 4th, I dont think anybody would have said this.

yaz
11-09-2007, 03:54 AM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/27/brightronhu4.gif................http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1746/brightron2fj9.gif

Don't broadcast this! Under promise, over deliver!

yaz
11-09-2007, 03:59 AM
It would be stupid to broadcast that figure. You can think that internally but if you want the hype to be even BIGGER then we'll go over our "goal". Trust me on this one, set the goal at no more than 1 million.

All I heard that they were astounded at the 4.3 mil, hardly no mentioned of the 10 mill.
$100 mil for the yr if that makes you feel better, only 85mil to go..

wfd40
11-09-2007, 04:01 AM
"Well, it's one mill larger, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be donating at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your revolution. Where can you go from there? Where?"

;)

Jobarra
11-09-2007, 04:05 AM
"Well, it's one mill larger, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be donating at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your revolution. Where can you go from there? Where?"

;)
We need this for a Jan 1st money bomb. Especially if we make around 10M on Dec 16th :D