PDA

View Full Version : Just received my RNC Presidential Platform Survey

gerryb
12-19-2011, 04:43 PM
It has about 2 dozen questions about what platform the RNC should have.

I am returning it to them with No One But Paul as the response.

Anyone else get one of these yet?

Davy Crockett
12-19-2011, 04:50 PM
I advise you support those questions that are part of Ron Paul's platform. If there is space for addition comments, add in a few items that Ron Paul supports.

Liber Team
12-19-2011, 04:53 PM
how do i get this?

R3volutionJedi
12-19-2011, 04:55 PM
I advise you support those questions that are part of Ron Paul's platform. If there is space for addition comments, add in a few items that Ron Paul supports.

right! respectfully give them the truth :)

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
I have one, I've tossed it aside. But if you want to make a coordinated effort, I'll fill it out and put what Ron Paul supports! At the end

beardedlinen
12-19-2011, 04:56 PM

^This. Otherwise we're in for an even more intimidating environment at the RNC.

PauliticsPolitics
12-19-2011, 04:57 PM
If you want to post the questions here, I am sure we will all help contribute to prudent answers!

ryanmkeisling
12-19-2011, 04:58 PM
I got one, and put it in the wood stove.

Davy Crockett
12-19-2011, 04:59 PM
I have one, I've tossed it aside. But if you want to make a coordinated effort, I'll fill it out and put what Ron Paul supports! At the end

Make sure that you turn it in, and include some platform items that they over looked that is part of Ron Paul's campaign. Otherwise they will think that Ron Paul supporters are not serious Republicans and can be ignored.

Davy Crockett
12-19-2011, 05:03 PM
I got one, and put it in the wood stove.

You did not help Ron Paul much. Contact the RNC, tell them your dog ate the questionnaire, and do it right the next time.

ryanmkeisling
12-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Make sure that you turn it in, and include some platform items that they over looked that is part of Ron Paul's campaign. Otherwise they will think that Ron Paul supporters are not serious Republicans and can be ignored.

I am not a serious republican and in fact blame the GOP for our countries current ills. What they think has never mattered, otherwise RP would not be first in Iowa. The GOP/RNC are not our masters; pandering to them will not accomplish our goals, IMHO.

The only way Ron Paul gets elected is if they are forced to acknowledge him. A process the media is being introduced to right now.

V3n
12-19-2011, 05:05 PM
I've seen them before, every question was two-sided so they could claim whichever side they already intended to support. Read each question carefully and look how they could read what they want into each response.

Davy Crockett
12-19-2011, 05:10 PM
I've seen them before, every question was two-sided so they could claim whichever side they already intended to support. Read each question carefully and look how they could read what they want into each response.

Not seeing the questions, can I suggest that you put a line through the words you need to make your position clearer?

Davy Crockett
12-19-2011, 05:14 PM
I am not a serious republican and in fact blame the GOP for our countries current ills. What they think has never mattered, otherwise RP would not be first in Iowa. The GOP/RNC are not our masters; pandering to them will not accomplish our goals, IMHO.

In this instance, Ron Paul needs you to hold your nose long enough to help him put the RNC on notice what the platform is going to be, not what they decide.

My gut feeling is that at the convention, Ron Paul, along with all of his delegates, will need all the help they can get.

gerryb
12-19-2011, 05:38 PM
I doubt the RNC even looks at the responses, it's really just a call for donations.

But they may realize their mistake if they see enough No One But Paul surveys returned. It gives them exactly the info they need -- all of the survey responses are included in that answer =)

ZanZibar
12-19-2011, 07:02 PM
I doubt the RNC even looks at the responses, it's really just a call for donations.BINGO!!!!

They just use these letters as an excuse to ask for donations. Do you really think the RNC cares what we think? LULZ

TheDudeAbides
01-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Not seeing the questions, can I suggest that you put a line through the words you need to make your position clearer?
Here ya go!

Most questions can be answered Yes/No except for #2 which uses Very Important/Somewhat Important/Not Important

Section I - Presidential Performance and Issues
1. Do you believe Barack Obama has used the presidency and the powers of his office to look out for the concerns and interests of Americans like you? Y/N
2. How much attention do you feel Republican candidates should give to the following issues during the 2012 campaigns?
* Strengthening border security V/S/N
* Reducing federal spending V/S/N
* Keeping taxes low V/S/N
* Exposing Obama's radical left-wing policies V/S/N
* Repealing ObamaCare V/S/M
* Expanding domestic exploration for oil and gas V/S/N
* Stimulating job creation in the private sector V/S/N
* Reining in government employees' unions V/S/N
* Demanding free and open trade to get US manufacturing growing V/S/N
* Other ______________________

Section II - Economic Issues
3. President Obama has indicated that if reelected, he will fight to increase tax rates on individuals and families he considers to be "wealthy." Do you support Obama's position? Y/N
4. Are you in favor of Congressional Republicans conducting a comprehensive audit of the Obama/Congressional Democrat $830 billion stimulus package to find out where our tax dollars were spent? Y/N
5. Would you support another federal bailout of the automobile industry or large banks? Y/N
6. Are you concerned about rising inflation undercutting your savings, devaluing your home and increasing your cost of living? Y/N
7. Do you believe that Barack Obama has made creation of new jobs his top priority? Y/N
8. Do you support a federal Balanced Budget Amendment to the US Constitution to stop deficit spending in Washington? Y/N

Section III - Entitlement Spending
9. Would you support a phased-in increase in the retirement/eligibility age for Social Security benefits that would not affect anyone over the age of 50? Y/N
10. Do you support reforming the way the government pays for Medicare for future retirees-while preserving the existing program and options for those who now utilize it? Y/N
11. Should retirees be exempt from property tax increases on their residence? Y/N
12. Would you support allowing individuals under the age of 50 to opt to put a portion of their Social Security withholdings into private accounts that they control, but cannot access without penalty until their retirement? Y/N

Section IV - National Security Issues
13. Should the United States maintain permanent bases in Iraq? Y/N
14. Has the Obama Administration done enough to counter Iran's drive to acquire a nuclear weapon? Y/N
15. Is stopping illegal immigration a matter of national security? Y/N
16. Do you believe that the Obama Administration's lack of leadership in foreign policy matters such as Libya and North Korea has made the world a more dangerous place for our nation and its interests? Y/N
17. Do you believe Obama's strategy of treating all countries as equals to the United States has strengthened our security and weakened the resolve of our enemies? Y/N
18. Do you believe it is time to withdrawal our troops from Afghanistan? Y/N
19. Do you believe our European allies do enough to support the United States military in Iraq an Afghanistan? Y/N
20. Is it time for the United States to start closing our military bases in Europe to save funds and force our allies to start paying for their own defense? Y/N

Section V - Health Care Issues
21. Do you support immediate and total repeal of the ObamaCare health care legislation? Y/N
22. Do you believe medical malpractice reform to stop frivolous lawsuits and ever-increasing insurance premiums should be a priority of healthcare reform legislation? Y/N
23. Do you have a good understanding of the composition, impact and costs of the Democrat-passed ObamaCare health care legislation? Y/N
24. Are you concerned that Barack Obama and the Democrats intend for their ObamaCare ligislation to eventually lead to the creation of "single-payer" government run health insurance and health care system? Y/N
25. Do you believe you can receive the same quality of health care and accessibility to quality care through a federal government run health care system? Y/N

Section VI - Values Issues
26. Do you support President Obama's unprecedented decision to ignore federal law and order his Justice Department to stop enforcing and defending the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)? Y/N
27. Do you support the U.S. Supreme Court overturning Roe vs. Wade to allow states to regulate/restrict abortion as they see fit? Y/N
28. Do you believe life begins at conception? Y/N
29. Should federal funds be provided to non-profit organizations whose primary function is conducting abortions? Y/N
30. Do you support allowing parents to use government vouchers to send their children to the school of their choice be it public, parochial or private? Y/N

Section VII - The 2012 Campaign
31. Should the national Republican Party only support candidates who adhere to our conservative principles of low taxes, small government, strong values and unwavering defense of our Constituntional freedoms? Y/N
32. Do you believe that the national Republican Party should stay out of primaries and allow Republican voters in local districts and states to make their own educated decisions about who should represent them? Y/N
33. Do you believe the Republican Party needs to do a better job of exposing the Obama record and his radical liberal agenda? Y/N
34. Are you committed to helping ensure that in 2012, the Obama-era of radical liberalism, reckless spending and embarrassing foreign policy comes to an end? Y/N

It then did ask for contributions:

YES - I want to help elect the next Republican president and Republicans to office at all levels of government who will fight for the conservative values and principles that I hold dear - And get our nation's economy back on track and growing with free market capitalism and entrepreneurship. I am enclosing a personal contribution of: Options range from $500 to $35 or Other
NO - I do not wish to participate. But I am returning my Questionnaire with a personal contribution to help build the Republican Party's national campaign to defeat Barack Obama and elect Republicans to all levels of government in 2012. I am enclosing: Options range from $500 to $35 or Other
NO - I do not wish to participate, but I am returning this Document with a sponsoring contribution of $15 to help cover tabulating my Survey.

Section VIII - Please place any additional comments here: _________________

I must admit I was surprised when I got this and searched online to see if this was really from the RNC or some spam/phishing attempt. Found this board, and while I'm not very political, the more I hear about and from Ron Paul, the more I like him... As I answered my Questionnaire (which I returned with Other: $0), I noticed a lot of my answers seemed to line up with what Paul has gone on record supporting... There are some questions I wasn't able to find which side Paul would land on, but perhaps some people here who are more knowledgeable about Paul can try to answer according to his policies...

Cowlesy
01-04-2012, 10:42 AM
It's just a fundraising pitch.

mmadness
01-04-2012, 10:44 AM
If you planning to be a delegate for Paul - which everyone should by the way, I highly, highly recommend that you do not indicate clearly that you support Paul on this survey, such as writing down "Ron Paul 2012" or "No One But Paul".

I would recommend stealth or just fill in positions of Paul you support.

I've heard last time around that these were used for ways to "out" Paul delegates before the conventions to help railroad them, so any less weapons we can give them, the better.

DealzOnWheelz
01-04-2012, 12:27 PM
PEOPLE YOUR NAMES ARE ATTACHED TO THESE FORMS. YOUR DONATIONS ARE PUBLIC RECORD. THEY CAN CROSS REFERENCE TO SEE WHO YOU SUPPORT>

WHEN RON PAUL SUPPORTERS JUST SAY "NO ONE BUT PAUL" IT LEGITIMIZES THEIR ARGUEMENT THAT WE ARE NOT REAL REPUBLICANS. HENCE WHY THEY HATE US.

IF you hate your boss, do you tell him to go f@#$k himself & expect to keep your job??? NO YOU PLAY THE GOD DAMNED GAME!!!! THE MORE OF US THAT FILL THESE OUT AND SEND THEM BACK THE MORE WE WILL SEE POLICY CHANGES. Look at how the republican party has changed with the emmergance of the TeaParty movement.

So if you don't want to answer the survey DO NOT SEND IT BACK. You only discredit Ron Paul's Legitimacy as a republican. RON PAUL PLAYS BY THE RULES & SO SHOULD WE! We don't have to like them, but you need to ask yourself how will this help Ron Paul look like a legitimate Republican candidate for President.

I saw one person paint in black "NO ONE BUT PAUL" you sir FAILED.

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar