PDA

View Full Version : Serious question: If the race ends up being between Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, and Newt...

mlee45
12-19-2011, 03:07 PM
who will

Rick Santorum
Michelle Bachmann
Jon Huntsman
Rick Perry

endorse...

predictions...?

RPit
12-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Santorum, Perry, and Huntsman would probably support newt.

Bachmann will endorse herself after she drops out. ;)

Epic
12-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Romney probably he gets all the endorsements.

tremendoustie
12-19-2011, 03:09 PM
They're all establishment candidates at heart. They won't endorse Paul.

djruden
12-19-2011, 03:10 PM
I could see Bachmann endorse Paul if she gets creamed by him in Iowa. The rest would probably rally with Romney.

LawnWake
12-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Santorum will endorse Gingrich. Bachmann, Huntsman and Perry will endorse Romney.

I think we've lost Bachmann's endorsement after the Leno incident. Perry MAY endorse Paul, I doubt it, but he's the most likely one to endorse him right now. Also considering that they're both from Texas.

Sola_Fide
12-19-2011, 03:12 PM
who will

Rick Santorum
Michelle Bachmann
Jon Huntsman
Rick Perry

endorse...

predictions...?

Towards the end, they will lose all their "conservative" convictions and endorse Romney because he is "the only one who can win".

musicmax
12-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I could see one Texan RP endorsing the other Texan RP. Perry and Romney REALLY don't like each other.

Heman5up
12-19-2011, 03:31 PM
I agree that bachmann might endorse Ron Paul given that she is closer to the grassroots movement on fiscal issues. Bachhmann or palin could be fishing for VP??? Just a thought.

PaulStandsTall
12-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Haha a Perry endorsement might not be such a good thing!

Havax
12-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Every single candidate will endorse Romney except Gary Johnson.

ConsideringRonPaul
12-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Perry loves Paul, come on now.

bluesc
12-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Towards the end, they will lose all their "conservative" convictions and endorse Romney because he is "the only one who can win".

"His experience in the private sector blah blah blah.."

KingNothing
12-19-2011, 03:34 PM
I agree that bachmann might endorse Ron Paul given that she is closer to the grassroots movement on fiscal issues. Bachhmann or palin could be fishing for VP??? Just a thought.

Politifact said that everything Bachmann says is true, and that Paul could learn from her honesty.

Politifact: "We never said that."

nasaal
12-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Most will go for Romney I believe. I imagine Santorum might endorse Gingrich as there is money in it. Public endorsements are almost entirely political in nature. One big party establishment type, will generally endorse the establishment type. I don't know if Bachman will endorse Paul or not, hard to after he said she hates Muslims. But at the end of the day, the endorsement of the people is what should be truly important.

KingNothing
12-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Perry loves Paul, come on now.

He loves being a made man even more, though.

He'll fall in line. They will all fall in line. Paul can expect exactly zero big-name endorsements.

limequat
12-19-2011, 03:54 PM
RP vs The Establishment. After Iowa look for a lot of pressure for everyone but Mitt to drop out.

trey4sports
12-19-2011, 03:54 PM
romney.

Justinfrom1776
12-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Only two I could see even having a chance at endorsing Paul would be Perry and Bachmann.. As Newt fades the line will be clearly drawn between Romney and Paul. The question Americans and Republicans will have to ask themselves is "Do we want to continue with the same failed and flawed policies or do we want to return and restore this country to true conservatism?"

The only reason I think Bachmann could be a possible endorser is because she tends to ride the wind, when the Tea Party movement began to gain traction, she raced to form the Tea Party Caucus in congress.. She will view Paul as the anti-establishment voice and want to pin herself to this movement as it gains even more traction.

I think Perry is genuine when he talks of all the stuff he has "learnt" from Dr. Paul, he will bow before Paul and graciously thank him for showing him the light.

Maybe Newt and Huntsman too

Newt will try to resurrect his flailing career and attempt to catch some of the Ron Paul wind in his limp sail.. He will become an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve system and write 14 books about how he led the way in the Ron Paul Revolution.

Huntsman will say anything to get people to like him, and after pouring over poll numbers will come to the realization that Ron Paul is for real, he will basically offer up his endorsement to get us to like him.. It will be too late though, by this point nobody will care what Huntsman has to say and his endorsement will fall on deaf ears.

Santorum will read a book one day and realize that he's been wrong all along about foreign policy and he will also come to the conclusion that gay people aren't all that bad... He still won't endorse Ron though, and he will eventually come to terms with the Iranians and convert to Islam after moving to Tehran, stating "They know how to treat a woman here". A future president will label him an enemy combatant and cite the Al Awlaki assassination when they decide to sic a predator drone on him.

Actually I don't see any of these clowns being wise enough to endorse Ron, but that will be a positive as Ron becomes mainstream and they fade away it will only further discredit them.

Steppenwolf6
12-19-2011, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=mlee45;3877150]who will

Rick Santorum
Michelle Bachmann
Jon Huntsman
Rick Perry

endorse...

predictions...?[/QUOTE

The premise is wrong,it's not going to be like that.

IT IS going to be a three way race,but a different type of three:
1)
Romney,Gingrich,Huntsmann are the same kind of establishment ,moderate(meaning progressive and big goverment, to tell the truth)pushed by the media,type of republican.
ONLY one,between romney-gingrich in reality,forget Huntsmann,will remain.
looks like Romney now.

2)
One between Perry-Bachmann-Santorum ,the first two mostly,will remain,fishing in the same pond,neo-cons but sounding anti establishment,true blue christian social conservative with some vague anti big government ,anti washington rethoric while making it bigger in reality but those three are from a similar matrix,fishing in the same pond and one only shall remain.
3)
Ron Paul.Ron Paul.Ron Paul.

Let say:
Romney.
Perry(or bachmann,50/50) .
Paul.
that will be the real three way race at the end.

They will all endorse each other,all 6 of them against Paul..i have some vague hopes on Perry but they are few.

12-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Nobody is going to agree with me, but I think Perry could endorse Ron.

Steppenwolf6
12-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Nobody is going to agree with me, but I think Perry could endorse Ron.

In the post just above yours.
I just wrote that i have some vague hopes on him,not many but some.

Otherwise they will all endorse each other and the " oh so respected " here Huntsmann will be the first to endorse one between romney-gingrich,the worst establishment criminal liars.

Apparition
12-19-2011, 05:28 PM
I could see Perry endorsing Ron possibly.. for some of the reasons already mentioned.
But I also see Perry kinda evolving through this whole process... beginning of the race he had this retarded Texas swagger and smugness about him, and how he's almost seemed to learn a bit of humility along with some vague appearance of 'learning something' from the rise and fall.

He might genuinely be on board with Ron Paul for the most part.
May all be crap and I might just be looking into things... but I'm definitely seeing a different Rick Perry from start to now.

ross11988
12-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I could see Bachmann endorse Paul if she gets creamed by him in Iowa. The rest would probably rally with Romney.

Prior to Leno I would agree, but not anymore

Apparition
12-19-2011, 05:33 PM

Agreed.
She blew it when she went after Ron anyway and straight up said he'd be a dangerous President.
No coattails for her when this thing pops.

nasaal
12-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Yea, not sure if that was the best answer he could have given. Still, it is true lol. I don't hate Bachman for hating Muslims(I am a Muslims) that is her right, but I don't want her in office either.

leetlamer
12-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Both Bachmann and Perry hate Ron for his foreign policy.

No endorsement.

G-Wohl
12-19-2011, 05:46 PM
I think we've lost Bachmann's endorsement after the Leno incident. Perry MAY endorse Paul, I doubt it, but he's the most likely one to endorse him right now. Also considering that they're both from Texas.

We never had Bachmann's endorsement, and I think Perry is at least somewhat likely to endorse RP. They fall in the same place on some key issues, and I think it would boost his 'swagger' factor if he endorsed another hard-line conservative from his home State.

eric4186
12-19-2011, 05:49 PM
if we can get the kind of momentum we need to have a serious chance at the nomination and the respect of the mainstream, Perry and Huntsman are possibilities of endorsing Paul. Big "if" though.

I don't think Bachmann or Santorum will ever endorse Paul though no matter how big we get.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Perry's not going to endorse Paul. Don't you remember last time around at the Texas GOP whatever, that he actually said there was no one from Texas running in the race.

Establishment will endorse establishment.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 05:52 PM
if we can get the kind of momentum we need to have a serious chance at the nomination and the respect of the mainstream, Perry and Huntsman are possibilities of endorsing Paul. Big "if" though.

I don't think Bachmann or Santorum will ever endorse Paul though no matter how big we get.

We still are not winning over the GOP baby boomer mainstream. We will need to figure out how to, if we want to win the Republican nomination.

Paul's base of support continues to rely on some unusual groups for a Republican contest. Among voters under 45 he's at 33% to 16% for Romney and 11% for Gingrich. He's really going to need that younger than normal electorate because with seniors Romney's blowing him out 31-15 with Gingrich coming in 2nd at 18%. Paul is also cleaning up 35-14 with the 24% of voters who identify as either Democrats or independents. Romney is actually ahead 22-19 with GOP voters. Young people and non-Republicans are an unusual coalition to hang your hat on in Iowa, and it will be interesting to see if Paul can actually pull it off.
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2011/12/paul-leads-in-iowa.html

Steppenwolf6
12-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Perry's not going to endorse Paul. Don't you remember last time around at the Texas GOP whatever, that he actually said there was no one from Texas running in the race.

Establishment will endorse establishment.
Yes..probably so.
Bottom line:
Let's forget "endorsements",they will all endorse each other,particularly they will all specifically endorse the "anybody but Paul " principle.
End of story.

Michael Landon
12-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Santorum and Perry will endorse Gingrich

Bachmann and Huntsman will endorse Romney

Johnson will endorse Paul

- ML

Johncjackson
12-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Haha a Perry endorsement might not be such a good thing!

Neither would a Bachmann. And a perry endorsement might depend on if he wants to be VP and has a shot with Romney or Grinch.
I really don't see anyone endorsing Paul.

parocks
12-19-2011, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=mlee45;3877150]who will

Rick Santorum
Michelle Bachmann
Jon Huntsman
Rick Perry

endorse...

predictions...?[/QUOTE

The premise is wrong,it's not going to be like that.

IT IS going to be a three way race,but a different type of three:
1)
Romney,Gingrich,Huntsmann are the same kind of establishment ,moderate(meaning progressive and big goverment, to tell the truth)pushed by the media,type of republican.
ONLY one,between romney-gingrich in reality,forget Huntsmann,will remain.
looks like Romney now.

2)
One between Perry-Bachmann-Santorum ,the first two mostly,will remain,fishing in the same pond,neo-cons but sounding anti establishment,true blue christian social conservative with some vague anti big government ,anti washington rethoric while making it bigger in reality but those three are from a similar matrix,fishing in the same pond and one only shall remain.
3)
Ron Paul.Ron Paul.Ron Paul.

Let say:
Romney.
Perry(or bachmann,50/50) .
Paul.
that will be the real three way race at the end.

They will all endorse each other,all 6 of them against Paul..i have some vague hopes on Perry but they are few.

Romney looks strong in category 1.

I think we should be hyping the candidates who don't raise money in category 2. The ones that are different from Paul. I like Santorum there in the cat 2 slot. That would be my preference, not a prediction.

Freerepublic doesn't like Romney or Paul, and they would likely be able to keep at cat 2 in the race for a while.

gmc1988
12-19-2011, 10:38 PM

Not a chance, because Ron "hurt her poor little feelings." Aww.