PDA

View Full Version : FUNDS NEEDED: Iowa TV commercial

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Folks, we only need about $1600 more and we will have the money needed to air this TV ad in Iowa. Please help.

http://www.operationnh.com/

bootstrap
11-08-2007, 09:07 AM
If you are talking about the video in the top window (the veteran), NOTE THIS:

That ad says NOTHING WHATSOEVER about Ron Paul running for PRESIDENT.

In fact, it specifically says he is running for congress!!! You gotta fix that!!!

However, I believe the veteran probably matches Iowa voters pretty well. For Iowa it is probably better to seem "pro-veteran" than "anti-Iraq war".

Green Mountain Boy
11-08-2007, 09:10 AM

In fact, it specifically says he is running for congress!!! You gotta fix that!!!

However, I believe the veteran probably matches Iowa voters pretty well. For Iowa it is probably better to seem "pro-veteran" than "anti-Iraq war".

It's being edited, did you read the note at the bottom?

FrankRep
11-08-2007, 09:11 AM

Note: This commercial is currently being edited to reflect Ron Paul's Presidential run. The edited version will be released Nov. 5.

jacmicwag
11-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Can you post the edited version for us to see prior to donating?

Thanks

robert4rp08
11-08-2007, 09:52 AM
I'll donate if you create an ad that doesn't have acting or voice overs. The most powerful videos are the ones with clips of Ron Paul giving speeches.

Quotes from the founding fathers or statistics help. I'd love to see an ad with McCain's quote stating that RP is the most honorable man in Congress.

The message is powerful and it's even more powerful when it comes out of Ron Paul's mouth!

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 10:09 AM
This particular ad was one that was successfully used to get him elected to Congress. As was previously said, it is being edited to reflect his Presidential run.

With $1600 more dollars, the $40K needed will have been raised to air this numerous times in Iowa. We don't have much more time, please ante in.

lastnymleft
11-08-2007, 10:11 AM
The most powerful videos are the ones with clips of Ron Paul giving speeches.
The ones of genuine supporters speaking from the heart about why they support him are pretty powerful, too. So long as it's natural, and unscripted.

skiingff
11-08-2007, 10:15 AM
http://alcpac.com/bo_rough.mov

Ending voiceover:
"Ron Paul - Proudly Standing with America's Veterans"

(may be different)

We're working on getting pictures of Bo Thompson from an old newspaper article... bear with us...

This ad will air in the Greater Des Moines Broadcast Area in IOWA on CBS and FOX, and will be seen over 3 million times. It starts airing on November 17th-30th (Two week ad blitz).

lastnymleft
11-08-2007, 10:15 AM
We don't have much more time, please ante in.
Your chipin says that it closes a month away, on Dec 6th. Is that not correct? $1600 in a month should be pretty doable, given what you've raised already.

robert4rp08
11-08-2007, 10:20 AM
The ones of genuine supporters speaking from the heart about why they support him are pretty powerful, too. So long as it's natural, and unscripted.

If you're trying to convince someone to jump aboard, you should first present them with unbiased information, e.g., facts and his own words. The genuine supporter stuff would be nice to end with though. It shows that he is making an impact and people are listening.

kevman657
11-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Posting the EDITED ad before we donate is not asking much. I mean, "ante up"? No need to be so demanding...you're just buying the ad, we're paying for it.

And we wanna know WHAT we are paying for (you said you would have the final done by Nov. 5th...)

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Your chipin says that it closes a month away, on Dec 6th. Is that not correct? $1600 in a month should be pretty doable, given what you've raised already.

Yeah, that's kind of misleading. If you'll look around the ad itself, you'll see that they're trying to start airing it mid-November.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Posting the EDITED ad before we donate is not asking much. I mean, "ante up"? No need to be so demanding...you're just buying the ad, we're paying for it.

And we wanna know WHAT we are paying for (you said you would have the final done by Nov. 5th...)

Calm down, buddy. I'm just trying to help them finish raising the money. I'm just a donor, like you may be. I pitched in a few weeks ago.

If you want to wait, that's completely your right and I understand.

Badger Paul
11-08-2007, 10:47 AM
I've seen the ad and with the proper editing it could be a very good one. This fellow, this vet, is the kind of guy you'll see at VFW and American Legion Halls in Iowa. Iowans, especially the older ones, can identify with this guy and he if says Ron Paul cares about people like him and work hard to see he got the proper recognition for service to our country and made sure he was taken care of for that service, then they'll know RP isn't some anti-American flag-burner, but a guy who care about people like them. If he says its ok to support Ron Paul, more of them will too.

Good luck getting the ad on the air. I've contributed my fair share and you all need to as well.

lastnymleft
11-09-2007, 02:44 AM
Donors per capita in New Hampshire is a significantly higher figure than donors per capita in Iowa. We risk doing well in NH, only to have the neocons/MSM write it off as being a fluke due to the "Live Free or Die" nature of NH. We need to back up a good NH result with an equally impressive Iowa result. And this ad is a good way to do it!

This is a pretty good ad, and Iowa is a prime place to be showing it. If you haven't already, please chipin (ad can be viewed here, too):
http://www.operationnh.com/

ronpaulyourmom
11-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Site always crashes me, I hate quicktime.

foofighter20x
11-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Check with the people who have all the money left over for the Ames Straw Poll that didn't get used.

PM me for email.

expatriot
11-09-2007, 05:05 AM
I emailed this site yesterday, specifically intent on funding tv ads in Iowa.

Still waiting to see the finished advert in something besides Quicktime
that I can qc at which time I will fund it. Period

'Still being edited'
means I am still Waiting..............

AdamT
11-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Here's a YouTube of the latest rough version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdRLLgMiet4

We are trying to re-work the voice over in the beginning to make it shorter, so we have more time at the end for a longer voice over (the one at the end now is too quick and rushed).

The idea is to "bookend" Bo Thompson with voice overs. The beginning VO sets up Bo, and the end VO confirms what Bo said, then takes you into the ending graphics.

Anyone got any ideas for the voice overs?? We could use your help!

Also, the voice you hear is only a temp. We're having a pro do it when we get the script locked.

We're in the process now of contacting Bo Thompson about getting more pertinent photos to use in the ad. Right now the pics move a little fast so we'll probably cut one to slow them down a bit.

lastnymleft
11-09-2007, 11:01 PM
We are trying to re-work the voice over in the beginning to make it shorter, so we have more time at the end for a longer voice over (the one at the end now is too quick and rushed).

The idea is to "bookend" Bo Thompson with voice overs. The beginning VO sets up Bo, and the end VO confirms what Bo said, then takes you into the ending graphics.

Don't short-change the VO about RP collecting more from military donors than any other candidate. That's pretty BIG. I actually thought it was mentioned too quickly at the start, and should perhaps have gone after Bo. "... and that's why Ron Paul has received more money from military donors than any other candidate." A good exclamation mark on Bo's claims.

Also, I'm not sure what's up with the rotating background at the start. It kind of gives the impression of "Look into my eyyyesssss.... You are feeling sleeeppyyyy..." Perhaps one of those translucent fluttering flags, instead?

RockEnds
11-09-2007, 11:18 PM

Also, the voice you hear is only a temp. We're having a pro do it when we get the script locked.

We're in the process now of contacting Bo Thompson about getting more pertinent photos to use in the ad. Right now the pics move a little fast so we'll probably cut one to slow them down a bit.

Instead of asking "Why has Ron Paul received more military donations than any other presidential candidate?", just make it a statement,

"Ron Paul has received more military donations than any other presidential candidate."

If two syllables aren't enough to cut, change the final statement to "Ron Paul honors America's veterans." (Just a little jab back at Huck. :p)

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 11:41 PM

I really think we need to hire a professional to do the beginning and ending voiceovers. It will make the difference between this being an average ad and this being a very good ad.

I agree with the other poster that we should make the statement that Paul has received more from the military,etc., rather than ask a question.

LibertyEagle
11-09-2007, 11:43 PM
We still need $1400.

www.operationnh.com