PDA

View Full Version : Gameplan idea: Ads proving Ron's electability vs. Obama

king_nothing_
12-19-2011, 02:13 PM
So we're now in 1st and 2nd in Iowa and New Hampshire respectively. Looking at the crosstabs from the PPP Iowa poll, it seems that perceptions of (un)electability vs. Obama is a big thing still holding us back. Observe:

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8011/electability3.gif

Nearly half (44%) of all people who voted "unfavorable" for Paul think "ability to beat Obama" is more important than issue positions. Everyone else is in the low to mid 20s on this, except Huntsman.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2454/electability2.gif

Only 12% of people who voted for Paul in the poll think "ability to beat Obama" is more important than issue positions. Look at Gingrich, Romney, and Bachmann's percentages on this! There is a ton of votes up for grabs here in my opinion, if we can prove to people that Ron polls well vs. Obama.

And finally:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/6110/electability5.gif

This is an important one. Seniors, more than any other age group, vote with the "whoever has the best chance vs. Obama" mentality. They are also the group least likely to be aware of how well Paul does in head-to-head polls vs. Obama since:

1) The MSM seldom airs that info
2) Most people find that out on the internet, and seniors obviously aren't scouring the internet for this info as much as we do here.

So, my suggestion to the campaign would be to run TV and print ads in Iowa, New Hampshire, and wherever else which show how well Paul polls head-to-head vs. Obama, how well he polls with independents, how poorly some of the other candidates do in these areas, etc.

Thoughts?

da32130
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
I think this will be very true in NH (this is Romney's main edge I think based on the crosstabs).

In Iowa better getting the tea party vote may be enough and seems to be what they are doing now.

RPit
12-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Absolutely agree. A lot of Romney's support is based on this lie that only he can beat Obama. We need an ad that basically shows all the independent votes nationally (or states that favor us) that We get MORE INDEPENDENTS. Than Obama. AND Mitt Romney everywhere.

Use the recent quotes from PPP and stuff.

The case that Ron Paul can beat Obama and is a better candidate HAS to be made. Because MSM clearly is lying to the people and people don't vote Ron Paul because they don't want Obama again.

THIS is CRUCIAL.

RPit
12-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Bump think this is really the way to go.

Honestly I think this is the most important ad they could currently do. Break the myth of electability. Just have poll numbers fade in and out. Where RP is beating Obama in independents, and even beating Romney.... Use the PPP quotes to kill it. And then have Ron come on and say. "I am the strongest (ONLY?) candidate amongst Independents that beats Obama. All I need now is your support so we can beat Obama together." (if there is a way to put the NDAA comment in their, even civil liberties democrats support or something- would be gr8)