PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! Front Page confuses a lobbying group for the Tea Party

bobbyw24
12-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Ron Paul won just 3 percent of the votes in the Tea Party Patriots' "tele-forum and straw poll" Sunday, a pretty poor showing for a guy routinely called "the godfather of the Tea Party." The straw poll was not a little poll on a blog post: each candidate spent 10 minutes on a conference call answering questions, and then 23,000 Tea Partiers voted. Not only did Paul lose to Newt Gingrich, who got 31 percent, and Michele Bachmann, who got 28 percent -- but he came in behind Mitt Romney, who earned 20 percent. Worse, 64 percent of the patriots said they were "unenthusiastic" about voting for Paul -- only Jon Huntsman performed worse.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-doesnt-tea-party-love-ron-paul-181819068.html

Xenophage
12-19-2011, 02:16 PM
How come I didn't hear about this? 23,000 Tea Partiers voted? How? Where? This is all news to me.

JoshLowry
12-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Something something raise $4 million something something December 16th-18th 2011.

JoshS
12-19-2011, 02:24 PM
23,000 tea party members....wut

PeacePlan
12-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Tea Party is a farce ......... taken over by neocons

Sola_Fide
12-19-2011, 02:27 PM
When did this happen and what tea party members are they talking about? This sounds like bogus astroturf stuff to me...

sailingaway
12-19-2011, 02:27 PM
These are the lobbying group who asked Ron to speak at an AZ event, almost insultiingly late, saying we could join in and vote on line, then when we won online and overall, they said Cain won 'in person' and RP won 'the online poll' as if it were not something you had to sit through their lobbying presentation for the whole weekend for the embedded code to vote -- and had to pay for.

I can absolutely see why none of us felt it was worth bothering with, another time.

Sola_Fide
12-19-2011, 02:28 PM
These are the lobbying group who asked Ron to speak at an AZ event, almost insultiingly late, saying we could join in and vote on line, then when we won online and overall, they said Cain won 'in person' and RP won 'the online poll' as if it were not something you had to sit through their lobbying presentation for the whole weekend for the embedded code to vote -- and had to pay for.

I can absolutely see why none of us felt it was worth bothering with, another time.

Ahhhh, its these guys huh? It all makes sense now...

Lord Xar
12-19-2011, 02:39 PM
In addition, wasn't it already pointed out (different thread) that the "leaders" of this particular group are solidly neo-cons or in the camp of the establishment? I vaguely remember some dirt on them.

jbuttell
12-19-2011, 02:51 PM
that's the beauty of the Tea Party. There is no consensus for what it stands for, no real leaders... so you could quite literally pack the room with anyone with any views and they'd be valid.