PDA

View Full Version : We are now officially front-runners. We need to act like it and be more respectful.

muh_roads
12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
A lot of people are coming our way. Those few of you, please stop calling people like Sarah Palin an idiot on a public forum. (Not implying that is how the majority of you think) But these few people could potentially ruin everything so many have worked so hard for. Paul eventually will hit that "ceiling" the media keeps labeling us with if we are not careful. If you want to win and expand our base we have to put aside our past differences. (In fact I don't remember her ever giving us a hard time about anything)

I find myself a bit abrasive at times also but we need to change this attitude. I'm really excited at how things are turning around and I want to continue expanding our base. No one is going to agree with you 100% on everything.

People like Palin and others think Israel can only be protected from one angle. But that is only because corporate welfare profiting establishment has tricked them into thinking that way. People are seriously looking into our stance on things and we need to invite people in and educate them on why Ron Paul's position is actually the strongest case for national defense.

We can't win the nomination without voters that exist outside of our own. As more establishment candidates splitting the traditional vote drop out, they will consolidate and outnumber us if we continue to say things that drive others away. A lot of people don't like Romney. We need to be their alternative choice with confidence they are backing the right person.

Xenophage
12-19-2011, 02:09 PM
"Please stop calling people like Sarah Palin an idiot on a public forum."

Oh hi, I'm a new member here, and your post is the first thing I read on RPF. So Ron Paul supporters think Sarah Palin is an idiot? That's it for me!

Xenophage
12-19-2011, 02:12 PM
... what I'm saying is the best thing you can do is not add fuel to the fire. Don't bump threads you don't like. Don't mention controversial things. Unless the moderators of this board decide to police all the posts and remove content that might put some people off, there's really nothing that you can do except police your *own* behavior.

Calling attention to something sometimes only makes it worse.

KingNothing
12-19-2011, 02:15 PM
I usually just +rep people when they post something that is too negative, and tell them about it within that rep'ing.

JoshLowry
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Don't be afraid to neg rep when someone is grossly over the line.

It helps the mod team. :)

Mckarnin
12-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Well, I've thought for awhile that we need to be a little more careful. Every single one of us has the potential to work as an ambassador for Ron Paul among our friends, family and those we interact with online. When we're surfing the web and publicly portraying ourselves as "Ron Paul Supporters" it may be helpful to ask WWRPD?

In particular when we reply to mainstream articles linking to things about 9-11 truth, Bildenberg or anything that smacks of "conspiracy" is not the way to get people on board. Let's stick to the things Ron Paul says as he campaigns because obviously that is what is bringing people around in the first place.

ConsideringRonPaul
12-19-2011, 02:23 PM
"Please stop calling people like Sarah Palin an idiot on a public forum."

Oh hi, I'm a new member here, and your post is the first thing I read on RPF. So Ron Paul supporters think Sarah Palin is an idiot? That's it for me!

... what I'm saying is the best thing you can do is not add fuel to the fire. Don't bump threads you don't like. Don't mention controversial things. Unless the moderators of this board decide to police all the posts and remove content that might put some people off, there's really nothing that you can do except police your *own* behavior.

Calling attention to something sometimes only makes it worse.

^These

muh_roads
12-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Don't be afraid to neg rep when someone is grossly over the line.

It helps the mod team. :)

I actually wasn't aware of this or what the purpose of rep was. Thanks.

Bruno
12-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Feel free to flag inappropriate posts, as always.

Napolitanic Wars
12-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Although I agree with OP, I feel like this forum will slowly become the land of blandness.

Aratus
12-19-2011, 02:32 PM
keep in mind (save for donald trump going independent) that the tampa GOP convention victor has 50/50 odds of defeating our sitting president.

ronpaulhawaii
12-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Although I agree with OP, I feel like this forum will slowly become the land of blandness.

Wait 'til the second week in NOV when we start planning the RPF's Inaugural Ball

:D

CALL TO WIN!

FA.Hayek
12-19-2011, 02:57 PM
we do sometimes come off as immature jerks.. that's not the right message to put out and it'll be easily exploited by the MSM.. RON PAUL deserves much better than that, treat everyone with respect, b/c Paul's name is riding on it

degen
12-19-2011, 03:00 PM
This is serious. People.need to realize that RPF does.not exist in a vacuum. MSM is on here. We just directed 500k people to.visit here. Frank Luntz wants people to come here.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Agreed.

gls
12-19-2011, 03:12 PM
This is serious. People.need to realize that RPF does.not exist in a vacuum. MSM is on here. We just directed 500k people to.visit here. Frank Luntz wants people to come here.

Yes and it is an open forum where anyone can post anything, regardless of their true intentions or political affiliations.

Which is why it is extremely ridiculous to claim RPFs is representative of anything.

muh_roads
12-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Yes and it is an open forum where anyone can post anything, regardless of their true intentions or political affiliations.

Which is why it is extremely ridiculous to claim RPFs is representative of anything.

We most certainly can't account for trolls. But those in control of their own accounts should feel an obligation to represent Paul in the best light possible as if you were door to door canvassing or phone banking.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 03:20 PM

That doesn't matter. They believe this forum is representative of Ron Paul's beliefs and of his supporters. That is all that matters.

So, instead of people using this forum as their personal playground, it might behoove us to understand that over FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND Republican voters, wrongly or rightly, were directed here to find out more about Ron Paul. It's just a thought, but we might just want to think before we post and represent Ron Paul like he would want to be represented.

muh_roads
12-19-2011, 03:28 PM
That doesn't matter. They believe this forum is representative of Ron Paul's beliefs and of his supporters. That is all that matters.

So, instead of people using this forum as their personal playground, it might behoove us to understand that over FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND Republican voters, wrongly or rightly, were directed here to find out more about Ron Paul. It's just a thought, but we might just want to think before we post and represent Ron Paul like he would want to be represented.

I think it is the perfect opportunity to educate people.

I hope new people sign up. I'm ready.

Cowlesy
12-19-2011, 03:30 PM
I think it is the perfect opportunity to educate people.

I hope new people sign up. I'm ready.

I don't want to educate people, I just want them to vote for my guy.

People come here to feel included and part of the team. That's all I try to do is show that we're a fun group of voters with which to roll.

JoshLowry
12-19-2011, 03:34 PM
There are no trolls here...

But there are assholes that register, post, and get ban hammered.

yoshimaroka
12-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Take the high road; act opposite of MSM.

Class act.

gls
12-19-2011, 03:46 PM

I couldn't disagree more. You are playing right into the establishment's hands by pretending that what anonymous private individuals write on the internet is somehow indicative of what Ron Paul believes. That is an absurd notion with no basis in reality, and IMO it's not even worth entertaining.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Take the high road; act opposite of MSM.

Class act.
Amen

xFiFtyOnE
12-19-2011, 03:50 PM
We don't even have to be rude to start a fight anymore. I find myself more and more on the defensive without provocation. These Paul haters are kicking it up a notch.

Chrysamere
12-19-2011, 03:56 PM
But Sarah Palin is a complete idiot....

It's the internet, people voice their opinions, and you should be able to especially on a grassroots forum like this. There are some places you should try to censor yourself a bit so you don't make Ron Paul look bad, but this isn't one of those places.

roversaurus
12-19-2011, 03:56 PM
I couldn't disagree more. You are playing right into the establishment's hands by pretending that what anonymous private individuals write on the internet is somehow indicative of what Ron Paul believes. That is an absurd notion with no basis in reality, and IMO it's not even worth entertaining.

No, he saying that people who are interested in Ron Paul will come here and read things and be influenced by what they read. And he is encouraging people, including you, to be on your best behavior in order to increase the likelihood that those new people will find something good about Ron Paul that they will feel connected with rather than something they find insulting or negative.

Or do you think this election will be won by gaining only the votes of intellectuals capable of parsing the nuances of insults directed at their personal beliefs?

gls
12-19-2011, 04:08 PM
No, he saying that people who are interested in Ron Paul will come here and read things and be influenced by what they read. And he is encouraging people, including you, to be on your best behavior in order to increase the likelihood that those new people will find something good about Ron Paul that they will feel connected with rather than something they find insulting or negative.

Or do you think this election will be won by gaining only the votes of intellectuals capable of parsing the nuances of insults directed at their personal beliefs?

I think it's a very bad idea to legitimize falsehoods (i.e. what happens on the internet reflects reality) that could easily be used against us.

Every post should speak for the individual who wrote it, nothing more. Otherwise we are just asking for unscrupulous people to come on here to try to make Paul and the movement look bad.

jason43
12-19-2011, 04:33 PM
We need to keep crushing the competition and the non-compliant media under the jackboot of freedom until they submit.

*joke

eleganz
12-19-2011, 04:38 PM
These liberals are irritating, I'm trying real hard here to be peaceful but they spout off all of this crap and throw mud like crazy. Can flowers really fight fists and guns?

How the hell did Ron Paul do it for over 30 years...?

I rather be arguing with a neocon than a liberal...lol!

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 04:40 PM
But Sarah Palin is a complete idiot....

It's the internet, people voice their opinions, and you should be able to especially on a grassroots forum like this. There are some places you should try to censor yourself a bit so you don't make Ron Paul look bad, but this isn't one of those places.

You are wrong.

This forum was listed in the SuperBrochure as a site for over 500,000 Republican voters to visit to find out more about Ron Paul. Whether you like it or not, the way people act on here does reflect on our candidate. If you do not want to hurt Ron Paul's chances, represent him well.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 04:42 PM
I think it's a very bad idea to legitimize falsehoods (i.e. what happens on the internet reflects reality) that could easily be used against us.

Every post should speak for the individual who wrote it, nothing more. Otherwise we are just asking for unscrupulous people to come on here to try to make Paul and the movement look bad.

That's a nice thought, but it is not reality. Perception is EVERYTHING in politics.

Chrysamere
12-19-2011, 04:52 PM
You are wrong.

This forum was listed in the SuperBrochure as a site for over 500,000 Republican voters to visit to find out more about Ron Paul. Whether you like it or not, the way people act on here does reflect on our candidate. If you do not want to hurt Ron Paul's chances, represent him well.

That was a terrible idea by whoever put it in the superbrochure, internet forums are by far the worst possible place you could ever send anyone to to make a good impression, this is a place people should come to once they're already somewhat into Paul.

But since they're sent here now anyway, you're right.

Feelgood
12-19-2011, 05:13 PM
When did we officially become front runners? I was not aware of this great news. Didnt realize inching into first place, in a single states caucus, that is still within the margin of error for "first-ish" could constitute officially becoming front runners. Now dont get me wrong, Im thrilled Ron is doing so well, despite the medias blatant attempt to cripple him. But if you really believe that a recent poll showing us just inching into the first slot, where so many before have gone before makes us officially front runners, then you are kidding yourself.

IMO we can not assume front runner status until we are solidly in the top 1 or 2 nationally for at least several weeks. The MSM will continue to marginalize Ron until that happens. Once that happens, and the MSM no longer have a choice but to say "looks like it is just a 2 way race between Romney and Paul" THEN we can assume front runner status. Until then, this is just more pie in the sky stuff that seems to get spewed here alot. I suggest we all just take a breather, keep doing what we are doing, until we solidify a front runner status position.

Ok?

jason43
12-19-2011, 07:33 PM
The national polls will change very dramatically once Iowa and New Hampshire happen. Right now we are #1 in Iowa and #2 in NH... and New Hampshire has been well known to give crazy upsets and is open to democrats and independents to vote. There is a decent chance we could win both. When that happens, I'm not sure how they will spin it. Romney wins Second... for the second time!!!

CableNewsJunkie
12-19-2011, 07:39 PM
We should start extending olive branches to supporters of all the other candidates, and let them know that we intend on regrouping with them after the primary season so that we may refocus on the issues that brought us all together initially, in spite of the division that the political and media establishment is trying to create.

TheTexan
12-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Always find the good in people, and focus on that.

ryanmkeisling
12-19-2011, 07:50 PM
I am laying off the grappa, I swear.:roll eyes: Although I am nowhere near as bad as some....

I think saying that the CIA agents captured in Iran should be water boarded was my worst and I edited that post.:toady:

deadfish
12-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Always find the good in people, and focus on that.

Yes! Everyone please do this.

The folks that need to clean up their act are not so much at RPF, but on the comments on any Ron Paul article on the web. Some of these immature dolts are making it extra hard to shake the paulbot sterotype.

Miss Annie
12-19-2011, 08:07 PM
One thing I would like to speak up about that I have found very disconcerting is how I am sometimes seeing new people treated.
Frequently I see new people with only a couple of posts, post something false, fictional, or uneducated. These people are sometimes called "trolls" immediately and basically told to smarten up or go away.
This situation is escalated if the new person posts the thread in the wrong topic or section.
One thing I would like to quickly point out is that we need to re-evaluate our expectations. We need to expect people who have no little political understanding. We need to be ready and willing to educate them and look at it as an investment into our own future - because the more votes Ron Paul gets, the brighter future we have.
Alot of the people who might come in, might not have any technical experience whatsoever, much less understand Forum protocol.
We can't be so quick to judge people or their intentions as negative. We need to realize that there is a serious lack of knowledge that they don't even know they have. Less than a year ago, I did not even know that the MSMs had leanings - much less were totally corrupt. I thought they just had journalists who raced to get to the stories first. ALOT of people are going to be in this frame of mind and be this uneducated in the undercurrent of politics.
PLEASE BE NICE AND BE PATIENT!

Peace&Freedom
12-19-2011, 08:19 PM
That's a nice thought, but it is not reality. Perception is EVERYTHING in politics.

A mis-perception in positively NOT a perception, it is the opposite of perception, because it is NOT right. The notion that any internet forum, composed of the thoughts of thousands of diverse supporters of a liberty MOVEMENT that PRECEDED the adoption of a particular candidate as a national leader, could ever accurately represent that particular person, is simply implausible, and a misperception. We should not be afraid to be perceived truthfully as we are.

We have succeeded because we did NOT self censor ourselves, and persisted in advocating the truth, in ALL areas and issues where we have widespread concern, Bilderberg and all. The Ron Paul phenomenon exists because he has stood his ground for liberty---but liberty does not exist for Ron Paul. Let the readers of the superbrochure come here and experience the whole movement, and the fact that there are no second class members of it.

degen
12-19-2011, 08:22 PM
A mis-perception in positively NOT a perception, it is the opposite of perception, because it is NOT right. The notion that any internet forum, composed of the thoughts of thousands of diverse supporters of a MOVEMENT that PRECEDED the adoption of a particular candidate as a national leader, could ever accurately represent that particular person, is simply implausible, and a misperception.

We have succeeded because we did NOT self censor ourselves, and persisted in advocating the truth, in ALL areas and issues where there is widespread concern, Bilderberg and all. The Ron Paul phenomenon exists because he has stood his ground for liberty---liberty does not exist for Ron Paul. Let the readers of the superbrochure come here and experience the whole movement, and the fact that there are no second class members of it.

In that case maybe it shouldn't be called Ron Paul Forums?

PursuePeace
12-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Be respectful of women.
(In other words: Don't be creepy.)

Peace&Freedom
12-19-2011, 08:58 PM
In that case maybe it shouldn't be called Ron Paul Forums?

It should be called RPF, but not treated like "Ron Paul stands by every word said in this forum." NO other person operates on that basis with respect to a forum connected to their name. Do Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mitt Romney, etc., stand by everything said in the forums on their sites?

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 09:59 PM
A mis-perception in positively NOT a perception, it is the opposite of perception, because it is NOT right. The notion that any internet forum, composed of the thoughts of thousands of diverse supporters of a liberty MOVEMENT that PRECEDED the adoption of a particular candidate as a national leader, could ever accurately represent that particular person, is simply implausible, and a misperception. We should not be afraid to be perceived truthfully as we are.

We have succeeded because we did NOT self censor ourselves, and persisted in advocating the truth, in ALL areas and issues where we have widespread concern, Bilderberg and all. The Ron Paul phenomenon exists because he has stood his ground for liberty---but liberty does not exist for Ron Paul. Let the readers of the superbrochure come here and experience the whole movement, and the fact that there are no second class members of it.

Well, you work on convincing everyone else in the country over to your belief. But, until then, I'm going to deal with reality and the reality is that what we say and do on this forum reflects on Ron Paul. It doesn't matter whether we agree, or don't like it, it just IS.

I couldn't find Bryan's new and improved version, but here is the original:

You are the leaders and ambassadors...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?22909-Supporters-taking-it-to-the-next-level-YOU-ARE-THE-LEADERS-and-ambassadors

J_White
12-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Just be polite, focus on facts, issues and principles.
have a nice conversation and let the newcomers make up their own mind !

Revolution9
12-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Well, you work on convincing everyone else in the country over to your belief. But, until then, I'm going to deal with reality and the reality is that what we say and do on this forum reflects on Ron Paul. It doesn't matter whether we agree, or don't like it, it just IS.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?22909-Supporters-taking-it-to-the-next-level-YOU-ARE-THE-LEADERS-and-ambassadors

The reality is you are acting like a bitchy schoolmarm and many are sick and frakking tired of your BS constantly showing up in damn near every thread that sticks to the board. For new readers that do not like being hounded by people who act just like the republicans you despised before coming here...feel free to ignore LE. She does this constantly but we rope her in now and then and let her know she controls only herself.

You can report me now oh ye of thin thin skin.

Thanks
Rev9

Stevo_Chill
12-19-2011, 10:17 PM

future tense incorrect?

Kuthreck
12-19-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm sorry I thought this was the LIBERTY forum, I must be at the wrong Place.

Miss Annie
12-19-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry I thought this was the LIBERTY forum, I must be at the wrong Place.

Along with liberty comes responsibility. The more liberty, the more responsibility. :)

realtonygoodwin
12-19-2011, 10:36 PM

Absolutely correct. Perception is everything.

I wish people would get it.

Revolution9
12-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Along with liberty comes responsibility. The more liberty, the more responsibility. :)

Many here confuse that with not speaking the truth. With liberty comes the responsibility to speak the truth. That is why Dr Paul is where he is at, why so many love him and is the core principle of the movement. Regardless of what those who would prefer truth be stuffed in a box or prettified so it is unrecognizable and would have us in constant self censor mode. The only activity needs chilling here is the creepers who are always saying stupid things about ladies and being creepy. Nobody likes them, they ain't funny and they do not ooze sexuality but something more akin to pus.

Rev9

TheTexan
12-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Speak the truth respectfully please, is all we ask :)

Stevo_Chill
12-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Speak the truth respectfully please, is all we ask :)
refering to yourself in the plural?

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 10:56 PM
The reality is you are acting like a bitchy schoolmarm and many are sick and frakking tired of your BS constantly showing up in damn near every thread that sticks to the board. For new readers that do not like being hounded by people who act just like the republicans you despised before coming here...feel free to ignore LE. She does this constantly but we rope her in now and then and let her know she controls only herself.

You can report me now oh ye of thin thin skin.

Thanks
Rev9

Insult me all you want, Rev, I really don't care. I am here for Ron Paul and for no other reason. I have to tell ya though, you're sounding a little like Bachmann there with your delusions of grandeur.

Oh, and that Republican Party you hate so much? It's their nomination that Ron Paul is trying to earn.

Revolution9
12-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Insult me all you want, Rev, I really don't care. I am here for Ron Paul and for no other reason. I have to tell ya though, you're sounding a little like Bachmann there with your delusions of grandeur.

Oh, and that Republican Party you hate so much? It's their nomination that Ron Paul is trying to earn.

I am not insulting you. I am putting you in your place and signaling to those who need to understand they can continue to speak their mind. Yer the one like Bachman running around that we will lose the election because your sensibilities were offended. I told people to pay you no mind and that you just do that. Kinda like RP about Iran..heh. Oh the irony...

The Republican party is just fine. The issue I spoke to was your acting like the archetype that has turned peoples perception of what the actual party stands for on its head. Of course like the repugnocrat I accused you of being you jumped right into those shoes, showed your ass and posted the yard of lip I am responding to..

Yer Pal
Rev9

realtonygoodwin
12-19-2011, 11:46 PM
How am I a "sockpuppeting control freak"? And what makes you think you should be putting people in their place?

LibertyEagle
12-20-2011, 12:04 AM
I am not insulting you. I am putting you in your place and signaling to those who need to understand they can continue to speak their mind. Yer the one like Bachman running around that we will lose the election because your sensibilities were offended. I told people to pay you no mind and that you just do that. Kinda like RP about Iran..heh. Oh the irony...

The Republican party is just fine. The issue I spoke to was your acting like the archetype that has turned peoples perception of what the actual party stands for on its head. Of course like the repugnocrat I accused you of being you jumped right into those shoes, showed your ass and posted the yard of lip I am responding to..

Yer Pal
Rev9

You didn't offend me. I would have to give you that power and I do not. But, you are making quite a jackass out of yourself.

:)

muh_roads
12-20-2011, 12:47 AM
I don't understand the argument here. LibertyEagle is just stating the obvious that we are now a stage for the world. Luntz wanted 500,000 viewers to come here.

Revolution9 like it or not what you say will be seen by many. No one can tell you how to act. But once you know you could be turning people off then don't you think you have a moral obligation to change?

I am still working on my attitude. It is tough. Things slip out. So I won't cast the first stone. But to deny that this forum is important feels like an excuse to be willfully ignorant so that person can continue being a prick to those whom they disagree with.

Do we want to win or not? Save the troll work for the trolls. But whatever...do as you wish.

frickettz
12-20-2011, 07:35 AM
I have been noticing a trend of negative comments on articles from RP supporters. Some of them are so absurd I can't help but think they're being left by non-Dr. Paul supporters trying to lay the framework for more racism talk, but then there are genuine RP supporters that just come off a little too negative also.

I have seen numerous articles now which highlight the behavior of Ron Paul supporters. MSM is grasping at straws here, please don't doubt they will use our comments and behavior to spin Dr. Paul.

We need to be on our best behavior and show some respect. Arguments are never won by blowing up or getting upset about something. Stay cool, stay positive. Positivity is exactly what we need!

frickettz
12-20-2011, 07:41 AM
case in point: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/269643/20111219/jules-manson-ron-paul-obama-facebook-assassinate.htm

That's a cached copy because ibtimes.com is currently down.

Jamesiv1
12-20-2011, 08:00 AM
Maybe there should be a little disclaimer type thing in the footer of every post? Something along the lines of "The opinions in this forum represent only the views of the individual members, and may NOT be the views of candidate Ron Paul or his campaign staff."

An opponent would conveniently leave it out, of course... but it might be a good for CYA.

Jeremy
12-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Let's tone down the arguing in here.