PDA

View Full Version : NH- Time to hit Romney

RPit
12-19-2011, 01:29 PM
I created this. Could be sent as a postcard or you can just give out as fliers. Tape it to the Mailbox, put them at stores or 7-elevens where the 'newsstand is'...

I think this issue could REALLY hurt Romney. I know there is the 'Say NO to Northern Pass...'' ad running in the newspaper. Great job for that guys. But its a positive tone ad. This one shows the distinction between Romney and Paul and their stand on it, and it tries to use the 'flip-flopping' romney + his fundraising connection outright.. So they don't have to 'google'..

I originally planned it so that it would be sent as postcards (.29 per card shipping, don't know about print cost).. But this could easily be something you hand out as flyers or prints outs. And like I said you can post this in various locations or put them near news stands and stores.

There isn't really much we can do about Romney in NH since everything there is to know about him is pretty much out there. BUT this issue of Northern Pass and his fundraising links are NOT known clearly. So this is really where I think we can hit him hard.

I'm not going to be sending out postcards or anything..because I have no experience. Just tossing out an idea for someone to pick up and organize.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/734/mittnorthernpass.png

eric4186
12-19-2011, 01:33 PM
nice. there's a lot of issues that could really hurt Romney. I think Paul should call him out and then when he gets heat about being negative he should say "better that I expose this now before Obama does in the general election"

RPit
12-19-2011, 01:36 PM
I think most of his flip-flops have been exposed already. I don't think there is much else out there. Sure if you keep hitting him then it could cause an affect but still. Everything he flipped on has been out there, and he's done a good job at deflecting/answering/lying to those questions on the debates.

But this is where I think the 'money-link' (like with Gringrich) is such a good hitting spot that could do damage.

Todd
12-19-2011, 01:38 PM
How big an issue is Northern Pass in that region?

muzzled dogg
12-19-2011, 01:44 PM
It's huge in the north

Napolitanic Wars
12-19-2011, 01:44 PM
No more attacking other candidates until they attack Ron first. A Ron Paul campaign is automatically a positive one anyway. There's TONS of positive stuff you could put out there about him.

RPit
12-19-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure but its not supposed to be an 'ad' like I said we can target it to those areas that are more anti-Northern Pass.

All I'm saying is the the anti-norther pass regions, we need some people handing these out or mailing them... Its not some 'big project' throughout the state. Just a targeted campaign. If people are doing door-to-door visits in those regions why can't they hand out a flier?

So the campaign isn't attacking anyone. Its a very limited scope targeted job by the grassroots. I think it will help.

muzzled dogg
12-19-2011, 01:50 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?335768-Forum-input-needed.-What-date-should-another-Northern-Pass-ad-run&highlight=Northern+pass

RPit
12-19-2011, 01:57 PM
I support that ad campaign. But like I said this is something I made to be handed to people, and makes the Romney money link clear... I'm not asking what I made to be run as some ad campaign. Just saying people in that region should maybe hand out these as flyers or mail them if they can to the northern regions. If they do door-to-door canvasing or something, they should hand this out.

Because the way I put it, will put a question mark on Romney. And it plays on the flip-flopping, money-link trope.

skyorbit
12-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Bump. I don't know anything about this, but if it's an issue NH ites care about, we need to get the information out.

hueylong
12-19-2011, 05:13 PM
The campaign is doing a good job of making these decisions.

vechorik
12-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Some in NH WANT the electric line. I submitted (about 6 weeks ago) the groups that oppose the line and suggested a letter be drafted to them. Maybe get an email list of the opposition. Don't know what happened to the idea in "campaign suggestions."

Here's the thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?329825-Letter-amp-brochure-to-opponents-of-NH-power-line

rich34
12-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Serial hypocrisy 2 hitting Romney would be nice. Rand still needs to get involved as well he's our positive part or he could go negative as well to run cover for Ron.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-19-2011, 07:17 PM
It has to clearly go to the opposition and stay away from the support.

Anti Federalist
12-19-2011, 07:22 PM
How big an issue is Northern Pass in that region?

It's huge in the north

What Shemm Said.

RPit
12-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Ya like I said, this is something I made that local NH people can get in the hands of those people who care about the subject. I didn't intend this to be some massive ad scheme or anything. So if there are groups of people who are opposed to Northern Pass, get this message across to them.

Anti Federalist
12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Another flier to pass out.

I cannot stress how powerful this is.

For all their faults, your typical NH GOP voter has a visceral negative reaction to eminent domain takings.

This is something that Flip Flopney can be beat up on, he is soft here, I'm tellin' ya.

http://i.imgur.com/R2tFG.jpg

GeorgiaAvenger
12-19-2011, 07:37 PM
AF, have you passed this out and gotten any responses?

Anti Federalist
12-19-2011, 07:50 PM
AF, have you passed this out and gotten any responses?

Yes, although I've been away at work for the past couple of weeks.

But I got positive response both from the ad, and when I've passed them out as fliers.

Potential Voter - "They'll use eminent domain to take people's land for this project?"

Me - "Yes, if it comes down to it, although the project is not that far along just yet."

PV "Well they better not. And RP is opposed to this?"

ME "Yes. You can read his full comments at the Union Leader article."

PV "Well, good!"

Aratus
12-19-2011, 08:07 PM
^this^ enough of the humble fliers would tip the primary to doctor ron paul. trust me!!!
eminent domain is 100% dreaded and resented. this is THE issue that is wheat from chaff.

Paulitics 2011
12-19-2011, 08:57 PM
I support this. If you want to set up a ChipIn, or make this a grassroots project in NH, I think it's not a bad idea.