PDA

View Full Version : I will make a TV Ad

unklejman
11-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Ok all of this talk about ads for television has got my attention.

Here is my proposition.

In this thread we will brain storm ideas for a 30 second ad. With your help of acquiring photos and/or high quality video that I might need, I will make the ad and if enough money is pooled then we air it.

Here is some of my work:

www.jreydesign.com/motion

What say you?

me3
11-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Is it done yet? ;)

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Go Go Go! :)

KewlRonduderules
11-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I have been thinking of an idea for a while but I am not sure how others will take it.

The idea's basic premise is to challenge the basic information we receive from the MSM and the government. Just Ordinary people talking about common modern day "urban legends". Very serious tone

-No music.

- Ordinary citizen looks and talks in front of the camera "The Patriot Act was designed to protect us and make sure we are safe from evil" (or something like this)

-Fade to black and have words written across the screen: The Patriot Act allows the government to do warantless searches, spy on your home, and incarcerate the ordinary citizen if deemed in the national security interest. (again words can be better elaborated)

-next citizen "The War on Terror is needed so that the terrorists do not come over here and attack us"

-again, fade to black and words written across the screen: (something in the lines of) the Official 9/11 Commission Report indicates that Al Qaeda attacked the USA due to our involvement and intervention in Middle Eastern affairs.

-next citizen "So what if I have to give a few freedoms. At least I will feel safe."

-fade to black words written across the screen about Benjamin Franklin's famous quote about liberty and protection. Anybody have a link to it?

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" and will end up having neither?

- next citizen " I don't like politicians but you know in this world, you have to choose between the lesser of two evils"

-fade to black- words written across the screen "Ron Paul for president 2008" (maybe add) -"Hope for America"

This is a generic idea that I came up with. Just a thought...

RTsquared
11-08-2007, 08:59 AM
That's an awesome start on an ad. Thought-provoking, stark, cheap to produce...sounds like a project the grassroots would excel at.

I have been thinking of an idea for a while but I am not sure how others will take it.

The idea's basic premise is to challenge the basic information we receive from the MSM and the government. Just Ordinary people talking about common modern day "urban legends". Very serious tone

-No music.

- Ordinary citizen looks and talks in front of the camera "The Patriot Act was designed to protect us and make sure we are safe from evil" (or something like this)

-Fade to black and have words written across the screen: The Patriot Act allows the government to do warantless searches, spy on your home, and incarcerate the ordinary citizen if deemed in the national security interest. (again words can be better elaborated)

-next citizen "The War on Terror is needed so that the terrorists do not come over here and attack us"

-again, fade to black and words written across the screen: (something in the lines of) the Official 9/11 Commission Report indicates that Al Qaeda attacked the USA due to our involvement and intervention in Middle Eastern affairs.

-next citizen "So what if I have to give a few freedoms. At least I will feel safe."

-fade to black words written across the screen about Benjamin Franklin's famous quote about liberty and protection. Anybody have a link to it?

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" and will end up having neither?

- next citizen " I don't like politicians but you know in this world, you have to choose between the lesser of two evils"

-fade to black- words written across the screen "Ron Paul for president 2008"

This is a generic idea that I came up with. Just a thought...

KewlRonduderules
11-08-2007, 09:04 AM
That's an awesome start on an ad. Thought-provoking, stark, cheap to produce...sounds like a project the grassroots would excel at.

The idea is to present a powerful message and how else to do that when you set a serious tone and you have ordinary people talking. And their words are challenged with visual and written words. You are forced to read what it says. Hence, the engagement part.

unklejman
11-08-2007, 09:05 AM

That Idea could work, but at the same time, Ron Paul's message is a message of hope and freedom. This seems like it would leave the viewer quite gloomy if they take the text responses into consideration. I think if something like this was done there needs to be a happier more hopeful follow up commercial. Also I might replace the text, with a narrator, maybe some one who looks like they are an expert or something, in a library. Or if anything have a narrator reading the text that is shown.

KewlRonduderules
11-08-2007, 09:12 AM
That Idea could work, but at the same time, Ron Paul's message is a message of hope and freedom. This seems like it would leave the viewer quite gloomy if they take the text responses into consideration. I think if something like this was done there needs to be a happier more hopeful follow up commercial. Also I might replace the text, with a narrator, maybe some one who looks like they are an expert or something, in a library. Or if anything have a narrator reading the text that is shown.

agree and disagree but thanks for the feedback. I think it is realistic and before one can be genuinely happy, you have to face the realities we are facing. At the end if the commercial " you can always add "hope for America"

I think we can have other commercials that are more "happy" but I also think it is not a good idea to have all of them just "happy". Maybe have a narrator for another commercial.

unklejman
11-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I think we can have other commercials that are more "happy" but I also think it is not a good idea to have all of them just "happy".

That's pretty much what I suggested.

Maybe have a narrator for another commercial.

With the amount of text you are proposing you would have to allow it up on the screen for a while, I don't think you can fit all of that into 30 seconds.