PDA

View Full Version : Carol Paul: "Truth will win"

SchleckBros
12-19-2011, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT2dlXikuCY&feature=g-all-lik&context=G2259cc0FAAAAAAAABAA

wgadget
12-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Now THAT is the kind of optimism America was built on.

Any other kind is not worth a dime.

UtahApocalypse
12-19-2011, 12:49 PM
The campaign needs more First Lady Paul out there :) She would help out in the women vote.

TER
nice find!

jabf2006
I love that lady.

CaptUSA
12-19-2011, 12:51 PM
I love her!!!

I don't know how old this clip is, but thanks for posting it! She's going to make a great First Lady!

It's about time for the ads with her in them. Can you hear me campaign??? NOW is the time!

Bruno
12-19-2011, 12:53 PM
I love her!!!

I don't know how old this clip is, but thanks for posting it! She's going to make a great First Lady!

It's about time for the ads with her in them. Can you hear me campaign??? NOW is the time!

Agreed! She chatted with me 1:1 in Ames for a few minutes. I thanke her for her supporting her husband on the campaign trail. She made me feel like the only person there, she is so genuine.

Heard there was some fairly recent interviews. Would love to see a Christmas message from Carol.

hammy
Somebody needs to deliver a message to the higher-ups in the campaign that they NEED to unleash Carol. She is so well-spoken, so sincere, and incredibly approachable. Unless she's unwilling to do it, I think having her more actively engaged in the campaign image could change the game. I mean, do you get a sense of warmth and love from Callista Gingrich? Or how about Ann Romney? No way. They don't even come CLOSE to Carol. She could be a massive game-changer.

McDermit
Yep, they need Carol in some ads! Especially now, around the holidays.

wgadget
12-19-2011, 12:54 PM
She could attract the Grandma vote! : )

Matt Collins
12-19-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't know how old this clip is, That video was from January 31, 2011 in Louisville, KY where Ron and Rand held their joint rally in support of Rand's campaign for Senate.

Matt Collins
12-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Yep, they need Carol in some ads! Especially now, around the holidays.
Somebody needs to deliver a message to the higher-ups in the campaign that they NEED to unleash Carol. She is so well-spoken, so sincere, and incredibly approachable. Unless she's unwilling to do it, I think having her more actively engaged in the campaign image could change the game. I mean, do you get a sense of warmth and love from Callista Gingrich? Or how about Ann Romney? No way. They don't even come CLOSE to Carol. She could be a massive game-changer.Campaign school 101 teaches that releasing the spouse endorsement is typically done just prior to the election.

CaptUSA
12-19-2011, 01:01 PM
She could attract the Grandma vote! : )A few months ago, I was selling Paul to my Grandmother's retirement community and their biggest question was about his wife. They hadn't seen her and knew nothing about her. They wanted to know more.

It's not so much because these people act in a group - they're as individualistic as you or I - but most of them want to know a candidate on a personal level. Carol will help them connect.

nasaal
12-19-2011, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT2dlXikuCY&feature=g-all-lik&context=G2259cc0FAAAAAAAABAA
It's cool how her speech structure is a lot like Ron's. She would be a big weapon for the campaign, but better to let them do it in their own time, than to be pressed on it I feel. I'm sure no one is keeping her from talking, so when she believes it is time I'm sure she'll be out there.

TER
12-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Campaign school 101 teaches that releasing the spouse endorsement is typically done just prior to the election.

Which election?

zHorns
12-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Must have Carol ad, maybe for SC or FL!

InTradePro
12-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Carol is a powerhouse of faith, she told him the same - "tell the true and people will elect you" when Ron first ran for congress.

Sola_Fide
12-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Moar Carol please:)

(Campaign, Im talkin to you)

Bruno
12-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Campaign school 101 teaches that releasing the spouse endorsement is typically done just prior to the election.

That may work with a traditional candidate who gets a fair shake in the media. They are all rallying against us.

Carol's genuine nature blows away that of the wives of Paul's rivals. I could see it only being a net positive if an ad were run with her, it could be very influential to the older voters.

Beorn
12-19-2011, 01:19 PM
She could attract the Grandma vote! : )

This is much needed since in the latest poll he's not doing as well with women and the +65 crowd.

InTradePro
12-19-2011, 01:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMs8yhM8Ug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMs8yhM8Ug

liberalnurse
12-19-2011, 01:22 PM

When did we ever do things according to "Campaign school 101?" :)

CaptUSA
12-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I know Campaign school 101 teaches that, but Carol is a different kind of candidate's wife.

Remember, many families are getting back together over the holidays. Carol is very Grandmotherly and that comes across well. I believe people will make the connection and feel more warmly about the candidate.

This wouldn't work with a Michelle Obama or Callista Gingrich, but it will work magic with Carol. Picture this:

Carol (without mentioning who she is) sitting in a cozy chair describing what she's looking for in a candidate - trustworthy beyond reproach, principled, caring and loving to his fellow human being. Then she begins talking about how Ron Paul is the candidate that fits this mold. Then she says, "and that's why I married him - 54 years ago". Then Ron Paul comes in and sits next to her on the arm of the chair and puts his arm around her. Then cut to "I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message."

It's gold.

kusok
12-19-2011, 01:45 PM
I don't understand. Where are the Carol Paul ads in Iowa and NH???

Get more women and seniors on board!

Bring out the big gun! There are like several days left.

malkusm
12-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I know Campaign school 101 teaches that, but Carol is a different kind of candidate's wife.

Remember, many families are getting back together over the holidays. Carol is very Grandmotherly and that comes across well. I believe people will make the connection and feel more warmly about the candidate.

This wouldn't work with a Michelle Obama or Callista Gingrich, but it will work magic with Carol. Picture this:

Carol (without mentioning who she is) sitting in a cozy chair describing what she's looking for in a candidate - trustworthy beyond reproach, principled, caring and loving to his fellow human being. Then she begins talking about how Ron Paul is the candidate that fits this mold. Then she says, "and that's why I married him - 54 years ago". Then Ron Paul comes in and sits next to her on the arm of the chair and puts his arm around her. Then cut to "I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message."

It's gold.

This is brilliant.

rprprs
12-19-2011, 01:55 PM
This is brilliant.
I will second that. Do it just like that.
+rep Capt

InTradePro
12-19-2011, 01:57 PM

It's gold.

+Rep
POWERFUL!

Add honesty also. Great idea.

roversaurus
12-19-2011, 01:57 PM

It's gold.

For The Win.

I love this! They really should be able to turn around an ad like that in a couple of days, right? That and her cookbook will take back this country.

kill the banks
12-19-2011, 01:58 PM
she's my new mom ... I lost mine to cancer so I need one

wgadget
12-19-2011, 01:59 PM

It's gold.

That's sweet in so many ways.

bunklocoempire
12-19-2011, 02:00 PM

THIS!

Truthful candidate's truthful spouse speaking the truth about truth -only truth prevails and prevail it will!

Dr.Paul giving the truth a fair shake is the only reason we're here.

Thank you Mrs. Paul!

randomname
12-19-2011, 02:00 PM

It's gold.

This is fantastic.

bluesc
12-19-2011, 02:03 PM

It's gold.

Dude that's awesome. Campaign, hire this man, but steal his idea first.

CaptUSA
12-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Dude that's awesome. Campaign, hire this man, but steal his idea first.There's no stealing involved!!! It's a gift! (Besides, can you really "steal" an idea? Uh oh, let's not get into IP - this thread will go on forever!)

Seriously, though. I sometimes feel like I missed my calling.

KramerDSP
12-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Carol Paul reminds me of Martha Washington, and I only say that because I remember Slater's quote in "Dazed and Confused" about there being a great woman behind every man.

TexasJake
12-19-2011, 02:15 PM

It's gold.

For the WIN.

RonRules
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
We are polling very poorly among the elderly, particularly women. We need her out there MUCH more.

Luieburger
12-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Mrs. Paul for Vice Prez? :D

Stardreamer
12-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi grassroots!

I'm a long-time Canadian Ron Paul fan who webmastered a RP Senator moneybomb site in 2007 / 2008. I have quietly been watching the incredible Ron Paul grassroots movement making deft moves left and right for a while now. This will be my first post in 4 years.

Why now?
This Carol Paul commercial notion is beyond brilliant!
Just wanted to vote for it too!

InTradePro
12-19-2011, 02:47 PM
I went to a small gathering at my grandmother's retirement community and the topic of politics came up. (7 or 8 retirees)

All of these people have their own beliefs and they will argue quite a bit so I don't want to cast them in one segment, but they pay fairly close attention. One thing that is noticeable amongst them all is that they have no knwoledge except what they hear on talk radio and cable news. None of them saw the Bloomberg debate as it was not aired on TV locally.

When asked who they liked for the GOP nomination, Cain was the big winner. I feigned astonishment and asked what they knew about him. They all knew he was the CEO of Godfather's Pizza and was a radio talk show host. I asked if they knew that he was CEO of a lobbyist group, the National Restaurant Association. Did they know he was the chairman of the Kansas City Fed? Did they know he was on the board of Aquila, Nabisco, and Whirlpool? When they all said no, I asked how much do you really know about this guy? Then I slid in, "I know FoxNews is really pushing him right now, but he's a real political insider." They all looked confused because that's not the story they've been getting.

Then we got into the last debate that they missed. I told them about the other candidates issues with 999 and how each of them would probably pay more in taxes under his plan. I also asked them if they thought it would stay at 999 and not 12-12-12, then 20-20-20. I also told them that he looked to Greenspan as his model for Fed Chairman. They looked disgusted and tired - like, "well, who the hell else can we vote for?! We can't let Obama win and you can't tell what Romney will do if he gets elected.

So, then we got into the subject of Ron Paul. They seemed favorable to him but didn't think he could beat Obama. I informed them how he polls against Obama and how he gets the most individual donations and from the military, too. I then told them they wouldn't hear about this from the media - including FoxNews because all of these outlets have their own agenda and it's not about restoring America. (This worked wonders with the liberals in the room!)

After all of this, do you know what they wanted to know about Paul? What is his wife like? What is his family like? DING DING DING - I knew I had them. I talked about how awesome Carol was and about their great-grandchildren. I talked about their 50+ year marriage and that he was originally from Pittsburgh. (Big selling point here).

To keep a long story from getting even longer, they are all at least 'open' to Ron Paul now and would vote for him "if he wins the nomination". (People in PA don't think they play much of a role in the nomination process) I know that with my conversation, when they see Paul on TV, they will have a more positive impression about him. That is huge! If Cain goes down (like I'm expecting) then I'm sure they will go to Paul (unless Fox pushes someone new on them).

The thing I learned is that it is amazing how much power the media has. We can do a lot by going around them, but it's a difficult path. I hope that these folks will continue this conversation with other members of their community.

p.s. If the campaign can get Carol on TV, it will be huge!!! I mean HUGE!!!!

From Might Have Had a Breakthrough This Weekend (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?323506-Might-Have-Had-a-Breakthrough-This-Weekend)

rprprs
12-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi grassroots!

I'm a long-time Canadian Ron Paul fan who webmastered a RP Senator moneybomb site in 2007 / 2008. I have quietly been watching the incredible Ron Paul grassroots movement making deft moves left and right for a while now. This will be my first post in 4 years.

Why now?
This Carol Paul commercial notion is beyond brilliant!
Just wanted to vote for it too!

Drop by more often. And you are correct.
Do they give OSCARS for political commercial scriptwriting? If so, CaptUSA is a shoo-in.

RonPaulRevolution!
12-19-2011, 03:15 PM
FIRST LADY PAUL!

CUnknown
12-19-2011, 03:33 PM
The campaign needs more First Lady Paul out there :) She would help out in the women vote.

QFT

Carol is awesome and has that same common sense wisdom that Ron has. I don't know if she's up for the media exposure (it sounds like hell to me personally), but if she is, it would greatly help our campaign.

Sweman
12-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Is that prior to each primary?

Kregisen
12-19-2011, 03:51 PM
I love the Carol Paul ad idea too....please make this happen. I think too many voters think of Ron Paul is a lonely old man when in fact it's the opposite. He's a huge family guy, and showing Carol to America (or atleast Iowa) and talking about their 54-year marriage will be incredible in transforming minds and votes. Collins I expect you to pass this on to the campaign if they weren't planning on it already.

Jamesiv1
12-19-2011, 03:58 PM
That may work with a traditional candidate who gets a fair shake in the media. They are all rallying against us.

Carol's genuine nature blows away that of the wives of Paul's rivals. I could see it only being a net positive if an ad were run with her, it could be very influential to the older voters.

I agree. This is not a Campaign 101 election. Its a revolution compared to business-as-usual. The same old rules and strategies do not always apply.

If Carol can win votes right *now* - I think they should put her out there.

She's awesome!

"Behind every great man is a strong woman."

Tinnuhana
12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
"I'm Ron Paul and I approve of this woman." :p

Maximus
12-19-2011, 04:13 PM
I would have loved to have seen her with Rand in that Christmas commercial, maybe they'll run one with her as well... one can hope

UtahApocalypse
12-19-2011, 04:21 PM

It's gold.

You are getting so much +rep I bet :D

Barrex
12-19-2011, 04:23 PM
I third that......because someone allready secondet it...

Paulatized
12-19-2011, 05:11 PM
For The Win.

I love this! They really should be able to turn around an ad like that in a couple of days, right? That and her cookbook will take back this country.

I agree an ad would be great, but short of that they need to be giving out an 18 wheeler truck load of those cookbooks. Someone gave me one for Christmas and I was amazed. It included a 5 page write up from Carol, "The American Dream, Through the Eyes of Mrs. Ron Paul" plus a letter at the front "From the Desk of Mrs. Ron Paul" - Dear Friends and Family. It also has a ton of family pictures, scriptures, and a recipe from Carol's grandmother. The women would LOVE it. If you haven't seen one you should check it out. This would have been a better mailout for women than the "For Liberty" DVD or the Super Brochure. Imho, getting this in the hand of Iowa women should be a priority.

toast
12-19-2011, 05:12 PM
I would personally love to see this... I think the first thing they should use some of the 4 million on is a tv ad with Carol, now. I think lots of other people would really love it, too.

Hospitaller
12-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Carol is a powerhouse of faith, she told him the same - "tell the true and people will elect you" when Ron first ran for congress.

Behind any great man is a great woman

hammy
12-19-2011, 05:59 PM
PLEASE, campaign. USE CAROL. We love her. She is awesome.

randomname
12-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Paul even just mentioning his wife in the ABC debate started his surge in Iowa. to imagine what this ad idea would do for his support makes me giddy...

Badger Paul
12-19-2011, 07:22 PM
I hope she's in good health because she damn near died four years ago while on the campaign trail. We have to be careful because I'm sure how often she's on the campaign trail is probably determined by how well she is.

ZanZibar
12-19-2011, 08:12 PM
I agree. This is not a Campaign 101 election.I disagree. So far Ron's campaign has been run by the book, and it's working. Elections techniques are like math; they always work if properly implemented. It's why it's called political science and not political art. Math works whether you are selling cars or selling underwear. Political science works whether you are a Dem, Rep, communist, etc.

pacelli
12-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Holy shit, get Carol OUT IN FRONT OF THE PEOPLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Omnica
12-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Which election?
Right!! What school teaches that class anyways? :D
Campaign Science 101

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 11:26 PM

It's gold.

Add to it that he loves his country and it's perfect.

Omnica
12-19-2011, 11:26 PM
I disagree. So far Ron's campaign has been run by the book, and it's working. Elections techniques are like math; they always work if properly implemented. It's why it's called political science and not political art. Math works whether you are selling cars or selling underwear. Political science works whether you are a Dem, Rep, communist, etc.

Two questions.

One, if all candidates in an election properly implement 'elections techniques',

then all of them would win?

Two, why does it say Banned underneath your name instead of Moderator? Is that supposed to be funny?

Omnica
12-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Add to it that he loves his country and it's perfect.
We have some great scriptwriters in our midst.

ZanZibar
12-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Two questions.

One, if all candidates in an election properly implement 'elections techniques',

then all of them would win?Some candidates are better at implementing it than others. And some candidates are more appealing to voters than others.

Two, why does it say Banned underneath your name instead of Moderator? Is that supposed to be funny?It's a joke by the mod gods. :p

anaconda
12-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Is this recent?

bunklocoempire
12-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Is this recent?

That video was from January 31, 2011 in Louisville, KY where Ron and Rand held their joint rally in support of Rand's campaign for Senate.

A couple pages in.

BucksforPaul
12-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I disagree. So far Ron's campaign has been run by the book, and it's working. Elections techniques are like math; they always work if properly implemented. It's why it's called political science and not political art. Math works whether you are selling cars or selling underwear. Political science works whether you are a Dem, Rep, communist, etc.

You may disagree with us, but can you at least pass this idea on to some "officials" in the campaign and let them decide if CaptUSA ad idea is good or not? Since you are all about being official then this should be your top priority and all other business should be considered unofficial.

ZanZibar
12-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Bump for this video

milo10
12-22-2011, 09:44 AM

It's gold.

It's absolute gold. This is a perfect campaign ad, especially around Xmas time and the New Year. Please post this in the Campaign Suggestions forum.

However, instead of cutting to him saying that, maybe he could say it right when he's next to her.

Anyway, lots of ideas can be played with. The important thing is the central concept. CaptUSA, you're the man!

roversaurus
12-22-2011, 10:07 AM
It's absolute gold. This is a perfect campaign ad, especially around Xmas time and the New Year. Please post this in the Campaign Suggestions forum.

However, instead of cutting to him saying that, maybe he could say it right when he's next to her.

Anyway, lots of ideas can be played with. The important thing is the central concept. CaptUSA, you're the man!

Bump this up. Yes we need this ad!

WilliamC
12-22-2011, 10:23 AM

It's gold.

Come on campaign, make this add!

Omnica
12-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Come on campaign, make this add!
I second this motion. She reminds me of my uber-Grandma.

pacelli
12-22-2011, 01:04 PM
I agree, the campaign needs to be on that ad!!!

WilliamC
12-23-2011, 07:56 AM
bump for great add idea

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-23-2011, 08:13 AM
I also endorse the idea for an ad of this nature.